When can I drop off my carryon?

geovet

I have just printed my boarding pass and it says 

Stateroom access will be available at 1:30 PM for all guests, including VIFP Diamond and Platinum.

I will be on the Spirit in two weeks.  In the past I always had access to drop off my bag.

Thanks

Yes, Diamond and Platinum can go to the room, drop the luggage and then leave.  Word of advise, try to find your steward (he will be close in one of the rooms cleaning).  Let them know your room number and that you are Diamond/Platinum and have dropped your luggage.

This will help assure that they don't accidently think it was left behind by previous guest and they know it is there and to be prepared.  There was just a post where this happened to someone.

Keep in mind the rooms are not secure and doors are wide open since they are still cleaning, so I wouldn't leave anything of value in the bags you leave behind just in case. Keep those in a bag you keep with you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Early stateroom access is gone, Carnival has gotten rid of too many stewards to allow it to come back.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "early access is gone."  You can no longer go to your room early and stay as they are still preparing ALL rooms.

However, you most certainly can go and drop your luggage when you board.  Diamond/Platinum and FTTF.  You just want to drop and go, they do not want you to try to stay in your room until after 1:30 when they are ready.

Copied and pasted right from Carnival website related to this:

WHAT YOU WILL GET

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)
Priority Check-in
Priority Check-in

Upon arrival to the terminal, look for the Priority line to check-in. 

Guaranteed Stateroom
Stateroom Access

Once on board, you will be able to drop off your bags in your stateroom until your room is ready. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Not exactly sure what you mean by "early access is gone."  You can no longer go to your room early and stay as they are still preparing ALL rooms.

However, you most certainly can go and drop your luggage when you board.  Diamond/Platinum and FTTF.  You just want to drop and go, they do not want you to try to stay in your room until after 1:30 when they are ready.

Copied and pasted right from Carnival website related to this:

WHAT YOU WILL GET

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)
Priority Check-in
Priority Check-in

Upon arrival to the terminal, look for the Priority line to check-in. 

Guaranteed Stateroom
Stateroom Access

Once on board, you will be able to drop off your bags in your stateroom until your room is ready. 

yes as others on this post have stated you can drop off a bag. But your room won’t be for sure ready until 1:30, no matter if you’re diamond, suite guest, or fttf. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csm5986142 said:

I was super impressed this week on the Dream when our room was ready as soon as we boarded w/the platinum group (that never happens anymore).  

Even if your door is closed, you are still not to remain in your room.  

8 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Even if your door is closed, you are still not to remain in your room.  

Totally agree - we were planning to quickly drop our carry-ons (we always try to be quick and stay out of their way).  Our room steward saw us heading for the cabin and he came down, introduced himself and gave us our S&S cards and told us we could stay in the room if we'd like (we didn't).  This was our 14th cruise since cruising resumed, and only the second time our cabin has been ready that early so I just wanted to give them props.

For Platinum/Diamond/FTTF, the "indicator" your room is ready is when you have your Sail and Sign cards by the door - even if it is before 1:30pm.  If they are there you can access and stay in your room (or as csm5986142 said, if your steward gives them to you and tells you it is good to go).

We have gotten on and the room "appeared" ready but we still didn't stay as no sail and sign cards were there.  However, we have found for the most part the room is 100% ready with cards there before 1:30.  We get on, drop luggage and go, then eat lunch and go back and check.  If still not there, go do something else, and just check again later.

• Like 2

At the Carnival orientation for the '23 Alaska season, pier side staff were told that passengers' staterooms will be ready by 1;30, and that all carried bags will remain with the passengers until their staterooms are ready.

FYI, Seattle is returning to the pre-Covid embarkation procedures where there will be a Priority Line, an On Time line and and Early/Late line.  (During the Covid / ArriveCan seasons of '21 & '22, Seattle checked in passengers as they arrived at Pier 91).  This year staff will be checking arrival times.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

For Suites with priority, can you drop the bags prior to 1:30?

Hmmm?  Not sure.  I always thought it was limited to Diamond/Platinum and FTTF (who are basically buying that privilege).  The post I made direct from the website indicates this as well (does not mention suites).  That is the way I interpret it anyhow.

12 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

At the Carnival orientation for the '23 Alaska season, pier side staff were told that passengers' staterooms will be ready by 1;30, and that all carried bags will remain with the passengers until their staterooms are ready.

FYI, Seattle is returning to the pre-Covid embarkation procedures where there will be a Priority Line, an On Time line and and Early/Late line.  (During the Covid / ArriveCan seasons of '21 & '22, Seattle checked in passengers as they arrived at Pier 91).  This year staff will be checking arrival times.

Goof information to have.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thesmiths said:

For Suites with priority, can you drop the bags prior to 1:30?

i would say that would be a "yes"..we are on the magic next week and have a suite. we just received an email stating that we can access our room immediately upon boarding. i am going straight to my room and expect to be able to get in.

We just kept our backpack with us when we boarded. Had ipads and such in backpack so wasnt leaving it in room because they usually leave the doors open to the rooms.

Not saying I distrust the cabin steward. I just trust anyone. Call me paranoid.

19 hours ago, csoud68 said:

i would say that would be a "yes"..we are on the magic next week and have a suite. we just received an email stating that we can access our room immediately upon boarding. i am going straight to my room and expect to be able to get in.

I sailed Mardi Gras in Nov 2022 in a suite and got the same email but our rooms were not ready when we embarked.  We were able to leave our bags but the doors were propped open.  We alerted our steward that we were leaving items, then went to muster and lunch.  When we came back after that they were done. 

21 hours ago, csoud68 said:

Good to know.  Since we get the benefit regardless, never really knew if it came with suite or not.  We have gotten a suite, but like I said we had the benefit already regardless.

On 5/1/2023 at 7:48 AM, wemjam said:

For Platinum/Diamond/FTTF, the "indicator" your room is ready is when you have your Sail and Sign cards by the door - even if it is before 1:30pm.  If they are there you can access and stay in your room (or as csm5986142 said, if your steward gives them to you and tells you it is good to go).

We have gotten on and the room "appeared" ready but we still didn't stay as no sail and sign cards were there.  However, we have found for the most part the room is 100% ready with cards there before 1:30.  We get on, drop luggage and go, then eat lunch and go back and check.  If still not there, go do something else, and just check again later.

Question, heard about Faster To The Fun but didn't see this on our booking and TA didn't mention it? Is this on all sailings? Also sort of new what is Sail and Sign cards? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Question, heard about Faster To The Fun but didn't see this on our booking and TA didn't mention it? Is this on all sailings? Also sort of new what is Sail and Sign cards? 

Thanks

FTTF is under excursions.  You would need to look there.  I don't work with a TA though, so I am not sure if you have access to your booking to buy this if you booked through a TA?  You should be able to ask them to buy it though.  It is one price and covers all travelers in the same room. 

It may or may not be available if sold out, and sometimes it doesn't become available right away if you are really far from sailing (you have to keep looking and it will pop up, even after it is there and gone, sometime it comes back).

Sail and sign cards are your room key and how you buy everything on the ship.   You will set up an onboard account when you do all your on line check in before you sail.  You can use a credit card, or you can set up a cash account too once at the port if you wish.  On board, they will swipe your sail and sign card for your purchases.  And you use it to open your door.  You also need to make sure you have that and your ID when you get off the ship.  Have it in your hand because they scan you out with your sail and sign, and then when you come back on they scan you back in (so again have it ready).

Edited by wemjam

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

FTTF is under excursions.  You would need to look there.  I don't work with a TA though, so I am not sure if you have access to your booking to buy this if you booked through a TA?  You should be able to ask them to buy it though.  It is one price and covers all travelers in the same room. 

It may or may not be available if sold out, and sometimes it doesn't become available right away if you are really far from sailing (you have to keep looking and it will pop up, even after it is there and gone, sometime it comes back).

Sail and sign cards are your room key and how you buy everything on the ship.   You will set up an onboard account when you do all your on line check in before you sail.  You can use a credit card, or you can set up a cash account too once at the port if you wish.  On board, they will swipe your sail and sign card for your purchases.  And you use it to open your door.  You also need to make sure you have that and your ID when you get off the ship.  Have it in your hand because they scan you out with your sail and sign, and then when you come back on they scan you back in (so again have it ready).

Thanks I will look in our booking if not there notify TA to check.

We always get our cabin cards when we check in at the port not from cabin steward or did I misread the prior post? Only Princess as they have a medallion we get in the mail, just scans at port and on you go. We sail Aug. 31 on the Venezia, should be fun even though in the summer.