Menu's disappeared off app - are they updating?

ian441672

Hi

We are on a Aug 9th Iceland cruise, dining at Luminae and I was just trying to review the daily menus on the app, as I have done in the past (I saw them last month), to see which days I wasn't so keen on and to try and book some speciality restaurants and Eden etc.

Just logged on and it seems they have mostly disappeared and it says half way down that 'menus are subject to change'.

Does this mean they are reviewing / updating the menus or is it a change in policy that they no longer pre-advise the various menus? Their options don't always appeal so I wanted to pick my days elsewhere!

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, parrothead33 said:

That happened to us when sailing on the Apex.  The menus returned about a week before our sail date.

Yes, we are on the Apex too.  Thanks for that info, that is a shame but I guess I can book with the Retreat Concierge once I get a chance to review the menu's nearer our departure date. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

...but I guess I can book with the Retreat Concierge once I get a chance to review the menu's nearer our departure date.

You pretty much have to anyway as this far out the menus you see reflect the current cruise on your ship, not the one you will be on...

Take a look at the port days and length of the cruise and unless your cruise matches the current one you'll see obvious differences...

Edited by Mark_T

54 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Even if you see the menus now they are usually not finalized until closer to the sail date.

They are never finalized. The menus are wrong a significant portion of the time even while onboard.

We have found the menus on the app once on board are very accurate.  In 8 cruises since the restart and last night was the first time the app did not totally match the menu.  The entrees were the same but the app and menu had different starters.

2 hours ago, parrothead33 said:

That happened to us when sailing on the Apex.  The menus returned about a week before our sail date.

Even after they brought them up there have been some discrepancies.    I asked the MD in Luminea and he said they are loaded by the IT group and he had alerted them. 

We are just 1 week from sailing and ours showed only desserts until the menus completely disappeared last week. They are now starting to populate again but they don’t actually match our sailing (number of days, lunches for sea days).  

I don’t ever trust them to be accurate ahead of time. 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We have found the menus on the app once on board are very accurate.

You're lucky. Multiple times on our last four cruises I tried to order something off the MDR menu from the app and was told that item wasn't being offered. We now always request all available physical menus when ordering in Luminae.