Must cancel cruise 2 weeks before departure!

7 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Congratulations! Don't forget to call Royal,  the emergency number in your edocs, and give them the new passport number.   They need it to complete the manifest they provide at each port.  Might delay your boarding if you don't call.  That number is always answered.

Thank you. I called the other day and was told since I had already completed check-in I would have to wait until I arrived at the pier to have it changed. I just searched the edocs but couldn't find an emergency number. I called the one for Visa Central but they weren't open yet. 

Woohoo!  Aren’t you glad you didn’t cancel?  Have a wonderful cruise vacation. You’ve earned it. 

PS.  You know what’s going to happen now, right?  I bet you’re going to find that elusive passport in a place where you’d least expect 😊

Safe travels!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Woohoo!  Aren’t you glad you didn’t cancel?  Have a wonderful cruise vacation. You’ve earned it. 

PS.  You know what’s going to happen now, right?  I bet you’re going to find that elusive passport in a place where you’d least expect 😊

Safe travels!

funny I was thinking the same thing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Safe travels!

Well if I do it's going to have some 'splaining to do!!!!!!   I guess my stomach ulcer will heal eventually!  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, read2learn said:

Thank you. I called the other day and was told since I had already completed check-in I would have to wait until I arrived at the pier to have it changed. I just searched the edocs but couldn't find an emergency number. I called the one for Visa Central but they weren't open yet. 

On my edocs from October Wb TA the phone numbers for day of travel were on page 5 of edocs.  When I replaced my passport in Copenhagen we called Royal as soon as I got new passport, the day before boarding. No problem.  And yes we had completed checkin.

14 hours ago, read2learn said:

Success!!! So much of my stress and apprehension was unnecessary but.... I caught the early flight, in line at the agency at 7 (people were already there for 8 o'clock appts). They opened the doors at 7:30 and we were allowed to go and submit paperwork. By 8 I was at a cafe having a breakfast. I returned at 10:30 to wait for my 11:30 pick-up time but it was ready so out I went. Back to airport ,changed to an earlier flight and was landing back home at 3!!! Was amazed at how smoothly it went and how efficient and nice everyone was. Then I wandered in the parking garage trying to find my car! 45 mns later I found it with the help af an airport employee. I was numb by that time with absolutley no sleep but all ended well. Now I get to head to Chicago then on to Amsterdam tomorrow. I am so glad this is a 12 night cruise and not just 7. I need a few extra days of floating to recoup from the passport caper. Thanks everyone for your good wishes and concern. It turned out  to be a fun adventure,gorgeous day in DC,passed all of the landmarks and Potomac on way to/from airport. 

I knew you’d make it happen.  Now rest up and have a nice drink (or three) when you get onboard.  You’ll have stories for years now.  

• 2 weeks later...

We flew to Amsterdam and arrived the day of the cruise but it went smoothly and I was so happy to see the ship. Wonderful cruise with sunshine everyday!!

Edited by read2learn
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, read2learn said:

We flew to Amsterdam and arrived the day of the cruise but it went smoothly and I was so happy to see the ship. Wonderful cruise with sunshine everyday!!

So glad to hear hear you made it and enjoying your cruise. 

• Thanks 1