Large groups

Nicole&Pete

All,

I wonder if there is anyway of finding out whether a large group has booked a particular cruise that we might be interested in? I find venues are often closed off to other cruisers when this happens so wanted to know if there is anyway I can check this ahead of time?

Thanks

This has been asked before in other threads.  I don't think you'll have much luck asking Princess.  They'll most likely decline to answer and cite privacy concerns if you ask why.  A travel agent might help.  But one way that's been cited by others is using your favorite search engine and seeing what comes up there.

I'm sorry these answers are so inadequate.  I hope you have fun on your cruise anyway. 🙏

• Like 1

Just now, david63 said:

Probably only by asking Princess, or maybe a good TA might be able to find out.

Just now, Honolulu Blue said:

This has been asked before in other threads.  I don't think you'll have much luck asking Princess.  They'll most likely decline to answer and cite privacy concerns if you ask why.  A travel agent might help.  But one way that's been cited by others is using your favorite search engine and seeing what comes up there.

I'm sorry these answers are so inadequate.  I hope you have fun on your cruise anyway. 🙏

Thanks both,

Nothing comes up when I search for it which I guess is a good sign!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, skynight said:

Look here for one group

https://www.bearcruises.com/fall2023

Large groups tend to book 7 day voyages. 

Thanks for sharing.  I found this from their FAQs:

Is this an all-gay cruise?

No, we are a very large group booked on a 'regularly scheduled' sailing, which allows us to offer much better pricing than 'all-gay' charters.  We find that our guests are generally more interested in this relaxed and diverse environment - particpate in our events as much as you'd like, but you won't feel as though you are trapped in a week-long circuit party at sea!

(emphasis mine)

This "very large group" might be somewhat disruptive for this "regularly scheduled sailing" - some passengers more than others.  

I also found their statements on travel agents in the FAQ eye opening, but it's not relevant to this topic and might be contrary to this board's T&C's, so I'll leave it there.

5 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing.  I found this from their FAQs:

Is this an all-gay cruise?

No, we are a very large group booked on a 'regularly scheduled' sailing, which allows us to offer much better pricing than 'all-gay' charters.  We find that our guests are generally more interested in this relaxed and diverse environment - particpate in our events as much as you'd like, but you won't feel as though you are trapped in a week-long circuit party at sea!

(emphasis mine)

This "very large group" might be somewhat disruptive for this "regularly scheduled sailing" - some passengers more than others.  

I also found their statements on travel agents in the FAQ eye opening, but it's not relevant to this topic and might be contrary to this board's T&C's, so I'll leave it there.

I sailed them this past Halloween on the Discovery and they were no bother at all.  Just regular passengers.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I sailed them this past Halloween on the Discovery and they were no bother at all.  Just regular passengers.

other than completely taking over the aft "adult pool" and bar area ... and some 'interesting' costumes .. a past Halloween

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, voljeep said:

other than completely taking over the aft "adult pool" and bar area ... and some 'interesting' costumes .. a past Halloween

That's a big problem since most people that normally use that pool will migrate to the other pools to escape their activities. They also tend to take over the aft lounge in the evenings.