Incompetent Customer Service

K2IE

I know we already have a 43 or so page long thread on problems with the new website.  Yet I fear that there is something worse for Azamara and that is a completely incompetent customer service staff.

I have twice filled out their form requesting that my cruise history/loyalty status be restored.  In my case, the problem appears to be that they changed my loyalty number.  Ok, should be no problem at all, I provided both the old and new loyalty numbers in their form.

I have twice been emailed back that my account has been updated and that I should be able to see my upcoming cruises.

image.png.ac5167ef4ae7644f4e4c6f43a303196d.png

Azamara's customer service folks cannot seem to read and understand English!  I requested that my history and loyalty status be updated.  I did not complain that I could not see my future cruises.  And indeed, my loyalty status is still zero!

I am starting to think that there is little hope for this organization.  It pains me to say that because I really love(d) Azamara and its small ships, but frankly, if I had to book a cruise tomorrow I'd book with another line.

• Like 3

I am having this same experience (among several other issues). New Loyalty numbers with 0 points were assigned to my husband and I, and show on our bookings. I have filled out the form, provided our old Loyalty numbers, and points, along with our booking numbers, and asked to have them reinstated and attached to our bookings. I received my second response this morning saying exactly what your response says. And in looking at my bookings, nothing has changed, still new Loyalty numbers, 0 points. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

I am having this same experience (among several other issues). New Loyalty numbers with 0 points were assigned to my husband and I, and show on our bookings. I have filled out the form, provided our old Loyalty numbers, and points, along with our booking numbers, and asked to have them reinstated and attached to our bookings. I received my second response this morning saying exactly what your response says. And in looking at my bookings, nothing has changed, still new Loyalty numbers, 0 points. 

Same here

• Like 1

Yep. Same. My loyalty points balance is incorrect. Sent another form again this morning, this time using the form from the link in the response email. This one let me attach additional documentation. So I attached a screen shot of my loyalty points level from before the transition. I fully expect that I will get the same response. 

At the time, I thought I was just being paranoid when I took screen shots of my future cruises, all my cruise history and my loyalty page from the old site. 

• Like 1

Yes, I got the same canned response this morning. Again! And all my info is still incorrect.... Loyalty status and points, Pricing on 2 upcoming cruises and who knows about OBC as there is no $ amount showing. We wanted to book another cruise, but there is no way that I would even consider it at this point.

Unfortunately, I was on board right as the transition began and didn't think to take a screen shot of my points. However, we moved up in status while on board and they have never updated it. Furthermore, my husband and I are showing different points and we have always sailed together.

• Like 1

Same here. Have submitted multiple times with information on the cruises that have not had the points added to our status and the points that should have been earned.  Also included screen shots of our points pre-conversion.  Like everyone else, I received a canned response today that claimed things were fixed and, of course, they aren't.  I would prefer that they not answer rather than send lies as that just causes anger.  

• Like 7

In the same "boat" as well, please forgive the pun, it's the only way to keep sane. I also submitted the relevant forms and now have all 3 cruises showing. However they have lost all my points and given me a new number.   My actual email is very ambiguous as it mentions the Loyalty and upcoming cruises forms at the start, it then goes on to say, your account has been updated. It then says please verify your upcoming cruises are now showing. Your guess is as good as mine if  "your account has been updated" means both subjects. I will give them a few weeks to  hopefully rectify the Loyalty.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Salties said:

In the same "boat" as well, please forgive the pun, it's the only way to keep sane. I also submitted the relevant forms and now have all 3 cruises showing. However they have lost all my points and given me a new number.   My actual email is very ambiguous as it mentions the Loyalty and upcoming cruises forms at the start, it then goes on to say, your account has been updated. It then says please verify your upcoming cruises are now showing. Your guess is as good as mine if  "your account has been updated" means both subjects. I will give them a few weeks to  hopefully rectify the Loyalty.

My number is new and I now have 0 points. However my b2b Oct cruises are correct, balance due is correct, obc is correct and shore excursions booked prior to change-over are showing. Is it possible that Azamara has changed the numbering system for Circle members ?

I am amazed to say that I have had an email response from Azamara. I sent a query to AzamaraUKCustomerService on 28th April with no response  I resent it yesterday asking if there was any chance of a reply and today I received it.

My main issue was that the account online was showing that I owed over £800.  This was apparently for Shore Excursions that I had already booked using OBC. 

The response today has correctly identified my total OBC and how much we have left.  Whilst this confirms this cannot be seen or used from the website we apparently can book shore excursions using OBC if I phone 03444934016.  They also say they have sent the balance due issue to their IT Department for correction.

I am mightily relieved - I knew it was all likely to be OK onboard = but now I have something in writing.

I would mention that my booking is via a TA.

• Like 2

I am having the same trouble. My OBC, loyalty points and amount to pay are all incorrect. Now, today my cabin number has changed! I’ve had three emails asking for payment when my balance isn’t due until June, and will be paid through TA. I have communicated to my TA the above and have been reassured that all will be ok. I have to say though I’m starting to wonder…..

• Like 1

Thanks maggie777 can I ask you how do you see the b2b OBC as 2 of mine are b2b and I do not see any indication of the OBC. Your other point my wife is still showing her Az number and points, all be it missing our Christmas/New Year cruise. 

Same here.  This is beyond ridiculous.  I really don't have a good word to say about Azamara and its leadership right now.  Beyond frustrated that I am past final payment and can't even get through on the phones to get issues resolved or addressed.  Why are we still supporting this company?

• Like 2

Yes, responses don't address any of the points in the original contact email - if you get a response at all. It annoys me even more than the initial issue that made me contact them. It's so discourteous to ignore everything a customer has said. 

Edited by Huntingdon1701
  • Like 3

I still have my nine digit number and loyalty account states the points I had before march 2023. I was able to get into my profile and clicked on "Base Points" and behold there was my missed points from my last cruise in march,- classified as RES STORED and probably getting added to my total sometime in the near future.

• Like 1

When it comes to the loyalty status/points and passed cruises it say this on the website:

"Your past cruise history is currently unavailable on azamara.com. We are working to add this feature to your account in June of 2023"

When on board Onward some weeks ago they explained that all this will be in order from June and that there are other priorities to fix on the website first. On board they fixed our status straight away so we could use our benefits. They also showed us that all the old cruise information is there but not properly uploaded to the new system yet.

So all will be correct from June.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

Is anyone else still having this issue? I have taken 4 cruises with AZ but my Loyalty Circle account shows 0. I have emailed them with the details of the 4 cruises but have not had a response. I note that the last post on this said that AZ said the problems would be resolved in June 2023 but apparently, it is still an issue. It is beyond frustrating.

24 minutes ago, mumcat said:

Is anyone else still having this issue? I have taken 4 cruises with AZ but my Loyalty Circle account shows 0. I have emailed them with the details of the 4 cruises but have not had a response. I note that the last post on this said that AZ said the problems would be resolved in June 2023 but apparently, it is still an issue. It is beyond frustrating.

Is your loyalty status incorrect? Or are you just upset because your past cruises are not showing up? 

I'm upset because AZ are ignoring me. I managed to get them to change the 5 different AZ Circle numbers they have given me so that I now have just 1 and, I can now access the cruise that I booked recently. I was also promised that they were going to correct my membership status to reflect the 4 past cruises I have taken. I have even sent them the booking numbers for these cruises but , still nothing. It seem that this is a problem that has been going on for others for a while so I wondered how others had got it sorted .

I cannot get into my account at all, after many similar emails!

However, when I make a call and ask about it, the Cusromer Service rep, (or Michelle on my current sailing) can see what I know are the correct numbers in my account

It’s definitely very frustrating, but please be kind to the reps that you talk to on the phone.  They are even more frustrated than you.  They have new systems, and are working with no training.  So they are struggling with this all day, every day! 

• Like 2