Grounds Coffee Package - where to purchase?

nbsjcruiser

4 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Trying to purchase this for our upcoming cruise. I can't seem to find where to buy it online under my cruise booking. Can anyone point me to where I can find it?

tks

Unfortunately, they discontinued the New Grounds Coffee package back in Feb.  Don’t even get me started.  Very disappointed.  The alcohol beverage package or zero alcohol packages include the coffees, but quite expensive, unless you drink alcohol or a lot of soda to make it worth it.  You can see those cruise personalizer >beverage packages.

We don’t drink a lot of alcohol or drink sodas, so the coffee package was perfect for us.  Now, we buy the coffees a la cart at the IC.  Prices have gone up, of course.

There are several threads on this from Feb/Mar in the Princess forum.

• Like 2

this is it, now....

Zero Alcohol Package

Enjoy premium and specialty coffees and teas along with sodas, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), hot chocolate, "zero-proof" mocktails, bottled water, San Pellegrino, Evian and Red Bull Energy Drinks througout your entire cruise with this zero-alcohol beverage package.

The Zero-Alcohol Drink Package is $29.99 USD* per person, per day.

Available for purchase on board or for booked guests in Cruise Personalizer.

27 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It's aggravating to be coerced into spending $30 a day just to get decent coffee.☹️

It depends on how many cups of coffee someone drinks a day.  Would they cost more than $30?  If not, where is the coercion?  Don't buy the package, just pay per drink. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, capriccio said:

It depends on how many cups of coffee someone drinks a day.  Would they cost more than $30?  If not, where is the coercion?  Don't buy the package, just pay per drink. 

Agree. Does anyone have a current coffee menu?  Seems the a la carte prices went up recently?

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

After they took my coffee trade in for the setup, I feel cheated having to buy one of their packages in order to get decent coffee. 

All in all, I do have a plan for our next cruise to circumvent the extra cost.

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

After they took my coffee trade in for the setup, I feel cheated having to buy one of their packages in order to get decent coffee. 

All in all, I do have a plan for our next cruise to circumvent the extra cost.

Want to share?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Want to share?

Interested in following your question for options which seem limited to:

Drink syrup coffee on Grand/Coral class? Yuck.

Give up coffee? Nope.

Drink tea? 🤣

Bring Arabica bean instant, Via for example.

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

The menu from Majestic Princess (less than one month ago). 

IMG_1115.jpeg

At those prices, anyone who buys the No-alcohol package just for coffee has a coffee problem.  Of course, if your goal is to enjoy every minute of the cruise by not sleeping, then maybe it pays for itself.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

My wife would be looking for a kiddie size coffee.  12 oz is quite a bit more than she has.

Edited by Steelers36

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

From what I've seen, I have no doubts that Princess has "sharing" built into their liquor packages. 😄

He meant the circumvention plan.  My wife's circumvention is to typically get a coffee ashore as normally only has one in the morning.  Otherwise, the IC offering periodically doesn't add up to much at all (no coffee for me).

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

He meant the circumvention plan.  My wife's circumvention is to typically get a coffee ashore as normally only has one in the morning.  Otherwise, the IC offering periodically doesn't add up to much at all (no coffee for me).

We just do 1 large latte a day x 2. So, for 32 days, that’s about $302 including the 18%….a la carte.   Oh well…

I understand where @MissP22is coming from.  But wouldn’t work for us.

• Like 1

We always used to get the coffee package; $30 a day is ridiculous now for the new package.  With the old, cheap package, my husband would get good coffee & a latte or cappuccino.  I'm not a coffee drinker but would get the package for nice teas & chai tea lattes--HOWEVER, a few cruises ago, I found out that the chai lattes on Princess have NO tea at all in them only chai flavored sugar syrup mixed with milk!  I asked the manager why it's called a chai Tea latte with no tea & he just shrugged but he refunded the cost of my package.  

We always bought the coffee cards as good coffee is pretty much our only vice. We’ve noticed the coffee and espresso/lattes at IC to be pretty poor quality of late though. A few weeks ago we were on the Celebrity Solstice and drinking their regular coffee in the buffet (Lavazza) and it was fantastic! We then boarded the Discovery Princess 4 days later and planned to use our extra OBC to buy coffee, but after the first americanos we didn’t bother. Coffee in the MDR and buffet was also horrible. Luckily we also love our tea, so that’s what we drank for 4 days. I hope the new partnership with Lavazza helps.
I did have some via with me but it’s not the same as good coffee.

• Like 1

I always bought the coffee card, but I only drink brewed coffee.  I do, however, drink several cups per day.  Back in the days of the paper coffee card, I could use it for unlimited coffee on one cruise and then use the punches for regular coffee on the next.  It was a deal for me.  Then, when they switched to the Medallion, it still was easy, and on a 10 day cruise, I got my moneys worth.  But, at the new price, I will buy Ala Carte.  I figured $6.00 or so per day in coffee ($2 per cup), so $42 for the week.  Even if I go really wild and spend $8.00 per day, I'm way ahead to go ala carte.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

How’s that work on a TA repositioning cruise?

• Haha 2

Has the new partnership with Lavazza started?  All it says in the news release is that it Princess will begin offering Lavazza products this spring.   If anyone's been on a ship with Lavazza, could you post your experience, ie is it only at the IC or in the MDR and buffet as well?

Edited by pompeii

On 5/15/2023 at 2:06 PM, chubbypiggy said:

IMG_1115.jpeg

Thanks for posting that. We'll be buying our coffees since we won't get the value out of the Zero Alcohol Package.