Diamond status free photo

11 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

OK... so here's what the Royal benefits states on their website...

Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle club members receive a free any size photo of your choice from your existing photograph selection. Special requests such as reprints, copies or modifications cannot be accommodated.

So here's a potential way of how to handle it... whenever you wish to select a picture of someone else as one of your perks, give the photographer your sea pass as they take snap the picture. Be the dining table, formal night staged area, getting off the ship while at port, just hand themyour seapass and the image will modt likely be placed under that account. It should then fall into your selection. 

I don't remember a need lately to hand the photographer your card. It's all done with facial recognition now.

12 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

So here's a potential way of how to handle it... whenever you wish to select a picture of someone else as one of your perks, give the photographer your sea pass as they take snap the picture. Be the dining table, formal night staged area, getting off the ship while at port, just hand themyour seapass and the image will modt likely be placed under that account. It should then fall into your selection.

Exactly this.

Give your cabin number to the photographer and the image will appear in your selections.

Giving two cabin numbers for the same photos also worked. Did this last week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I don't remember a need lately to hand the photographer your card. It's all done with facial recognition now.

Except on grandeur who doesnt have that technology. We had to wait for them to print out the days pictures and pick the one we wanted. 

We’re a family group of four rooms and I decided against photos because of that rule.

You might try this…

when the couple is posed for the picture kneel down on the floor a distance from them to qualify.  You’ll be entitled to a digital copy that you can have a printer crop you out before they makff ex a good print.

I thought about doing that so I only had to buy a photo package in one room.  But then I remembered we’re usually pleased with pictures taken using our phone.

• Haha 2

This is Diamond perk. Only for Diamonds.

Same as with drinking package or photo package which you cannot share. You or your cabin members must be in every photo you are taking (not only other people),

We ran into this on one of our cruises because my family was split into two rooms and my wife wanted to purchase a picture of my son that was in my room. We even gave the photographer my wife's room number, but the picture did not post to her room.

We were told that one of the room guests needs to be in the picture, however the staff can combine multiple rooms into one account if the other cabin contains a minor for a parent in a different room.

In other words, since our kids were less than 18 and we were in two rooms, we could combine the pictures from both rooms and once combined, either of us could use the promo for any picture. It was explained to us that this only worked for minors.

• Thanks 1