Carry on bag storage on Embarcation day?

• 7Trainguy1951 changed the title to Carry on bag storage on Embarcation day?
52 minutes ago, 7Trainguy1951 said:

Sailing the Escape in September and wondering if you can drop-off your carry-on bag in your cabin or must you drag it with you until your cabin is ready? 

Drag it with you.

Please check your luggage with the porters. With once a day housekeeping and each cabin steward having more rooms to clean, rooms may not be available until after 2:00 pm. 

In the past, any Breakaway or B+ ship, you had to drag your bag with you until cabins were available. Not the best idea. But I recently read in the past few weeks that on the Joy, they did use the Q restaurant for baggage storage until the rooms were ready. My opinion is that with cabins being ready so much later (mine was not ready until 4pm and doors are closed so no way to get inside), the larger ships will start having baggage storage. Would love to hear from someone who has cruised this month to see what their experience was.

2 hours ago, 7Trainguy1951 said:

Sailing the Escape in September and wondering if you can drop-off your carry-on bag in your cabin or must you drag it with you until your cabin is ready? 

I would like to amend my prior comment. 

IMG_4235.thumb.jpeg.1c1f41ce3c15ecb4b30e117d36752562.jpeg

• Like 1

We have 'snuck' into our cabin and dropped off our carry-on prior to the announcement that 'cabins are now ready'; it's not too difficult to do & we haven't had anybody stop us while we were doing this & haul us off to the brig. lol

That said, however, most of the time when we've done this our cabin door is still wide open so the room steward(s) can do any last-minute cleaning and/or adjustments they need to make.  This means whatever may be in your carry-on is NOT secure.  So do this at your own risk.

I seem to recall that there was such a drop-off when I sailed on the Escape in March.  Rooms were not ready until after 3 PM.  My personal policy is not to carry on anything I'm not comfortable dragging around with me until I can go to my room.  My carry-on is a small backpack that fits my camera bag, my tablet and some water.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Would love to hear from someone who has cruised this month to see what their experience was.

Forgot where it was, but at the end of April, on the Prima, there was a location with signage to drop of bags if anyone wanted to do that...

I’ve been looking at recent dailies for Bliss and they were using Q as a drop off location for carry-on baggage and an area adjacent to Q for bags that went via the porters but lost their tags. 

7 hours ago, JGmf said:

Forgot where it was, but at the end of April, on the Prima, there was a location with signage to drop of bags if anyone wanted to do that...

Improv at Sea. 

Very efficicent check-in and check-out.  Every ship I've been on has offered the service for the last three months...

• 4 weeks later...