RC's prohibited items: sunscreen types

Been cruising since 2008 and never have my sunscreen been inspected for proper kind nor has it been confiscated. I guess I’ve been bringing the the right kind and didn’t even know it because I have never known about this until I have been reading about it on this and other cruise group sites lately. 

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

So yes, we who had applied before leaving the ship were protected for the first portion of the trip, but once the water activity was over we had nothing to reapply and many of us ended up sunburned.

That is rough.  As a sun-phobic redhead, that would have totally ruined the remainder of my cruise.  You would have thought that they'd give them back after the water activity.  I use hats, rash guards AND sunscreen.   I've gotten a sunburn in the dead center of a 60' pavilion.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marie51 said:

I would assume they would give it back at the end of the tour.

On the excursions, that is what they did. The sunscreen was held in a basket and at the end of the excursion we got it back.

I have never seen them checking it on the ship as a whole, but on excursions it can definitely happen.

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

On the excursions, that is what they did. The sunscreen was held in a basket and at the end of the excursion we got it back.

I have never seen them checking it on the ship as a whole, but on excursions it can definitely happen.

Just don't put it in the basket - problem solved!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BND said:

We always apply it before we leave the ship.    You are supposed to put it on at least 15 minutes before exposure.   

I was going to say the same thing:  Apply a good layer before you leave your room, then bring just a bitty bit for reapplication.  They make little bars (not unlike deodorant bars) that're useful for this purpose.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I really thougt at some point we'd run out of truly ridiculous posts........I was wrong.......

Do not underestimate the creative process of Cruise Critic Participants.

This is a celebration of the the most pressing items demanding our attention.

Is is not great that we have left so many others posts in the dust of the pandemic years?

😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

I really thougt at some point we'd run out of truly ridiculous posts........I was wrong.......

Well, what exactly do YOU think people should post about?  I'm curious as to who you think should decide?  You? 😏

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Did you really know how to apply sunscreen correctly before you read this thread?

19 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I had it both at Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

The excursion instructions stated biodegradable sunscreen required. Mine was - but I still had to put it in the basket.A lot of what was going in there from others was NOT biodegradable - so I get why they collected it. Of course it didn't help the ocean if people had already put it on and what they had was just extra.

What were you supposed to do if you wanted to reapply it? 

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

(And as for being defensive, it's because your comment read like we should have known to put sunscreen on beforehand and there wouldn't have been a problem. The problem came AFTER the first activity because it was locked in a van until the end of the excursion and we couldn't reapply it.)

👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

You were SOL. Hence why a lot of us ended up sunburned.

That’s sucks. Hope you complained to Royal if it was a ship excursion or who ever you booked it thru.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s sucks. Hope you complained to Royal if it was a ship excursion or who ever you booked it thru.

I did. It was on Celebrity. I got a small OBC and they comped some aloe for me. The Guest Services person I spoke with agreed that especially since we met on board the ship, they should have done a sunscreen check on board so that those of us following the rules got to keep ours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

Well, what exactly do YOU think people should post about?  I'm curious as to who you think should decide?  You? 😏

Maybe it is you who decides considering your words on another thread....

" If you want to be cheap, be cheap, but quit complaining about it on here."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Al, of Al's Toy Barn (Toy Story), dressed as a chicken as he says, "We sell everything for cheap, cheap, cheap."

🤣

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I asked the poster a simple question on THIS thread.  

You feel like a big man digging up something that isn't even related?  That's actually kind of creepy.

What should posters be talking about?

Edited by BND

3 minutes ago, BND said:

I asked the poster a simple question on THIS thread.  

You feel like a big man digging up something that isn't even related?

No insult intended. I was trying to lighten the mode.

This is only a cruise blog. No one is that important, including myself.

Remember that we do have cruising in common.

Have a good night's sleep. 😁