Multiple apps/entrees in the MDR?

Leaving next week on Liberty OTS on a short 4-day'er.  Haven't cruised since 2018-ish . . . I recall you were allowed to order more than one app/entree/dessert in the MDR and the wait staff was very gracious about.  Seems they would even encourage it at times.  I really only like to try more than one app, but heard this is no longer a practice?  Can anyone validate one way or the other?

You can still order more than one appetizer, dinner entree, and/or dessert. 

The wait staff is still gracious about it but will only serve one at at time. 

Someone will add that you cannot order more than one of the lobster entree without paying an additional fee. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chenj78 said:

but heard this is no longer a practice?  Can anyone validate one way or the other?

Lol well now you know that person is a bad source of info. Lots of rumors.

There are tons of threads about this. ..you can have one at a time. Lobster night 2 guys not together at my table both asked for steak and lobster on the same plate and were told no. They had to eat them separately. 

I have seen a few threads lately where exceptions were made ...I never asked for 2 entrees at the same meal. Apps are served one at a time. My experience.  

And yes only 1 free lobster, maine lobster, mine was quite large, but not so the guy next to me who also had steak. They very but slightly larger. 

Edited by firefly333

3 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Not true - just have to ask for them to be served together!

It's a bit of  YMMV situation. On our recent Anthem cruise DS asked for 2 appetizers to be served together and the server said she could only bring them one at a time. He had to insist insistently before she relented.

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

It's a bit of  YMMV situation. On our recent Anthem cruise DS asked for 2 appetizers to be served together and the server said she could only bring them one at a time. He had to insist insistently before she relented.

The 2 guys who asked at my table were rudely insistent and told no. The one was even pulling his pinnacle status and all. Still no. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

If you esclate to the Maitre or GS you will always get what you want - it is only some servers that are hesitant - I assume they are told to say "no" on their own!

2 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

If you esclate to the Maitre or GS you will always get what you want - it is only some servers that are hesitant - I assume they are told to say "no" on their own!

Yeah. And then you get the special sauce in you selection.   Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, firefly333 said:

The 2 guys who asked at my table were rudely insistent and told no. The one was even pulling his pinnacle status and all. Still no. 

I guess that's understandable.  There's really no excuse for rudeness.

DS can be a real PITA but he is incredibly charming. I'm not sure whether the server gave in to him because of that or just to shut him up. 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Did he talk to the maitre? Who was saying no? When was this?

March 27 to april 6. The rule is one at a time. Just because you were able to grt them to break the rules doesnt mean the rule one at a time doesnt exist. Personally I was embarrassed the way he acted. 

• Like 2

Just off Liberty two days ago.

I ordered two apps every night and generally they were served together, never asked either way.

Also I frequently got ice cream along with my cake or pie.

Absolutely no issue doing so.

Never ordered two entrees as they were good size portions, not small at all as some have reported.

Quality was quite good also.

3 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Yes, I reckon this would be a fair assessment. We had MTD and different servers most of the time. On some occasions it wasn't a problem and on some it was.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

March 27 to april 6. The rule is one at a time. Just because you were able to grt them to break the rules doesnt mean the rule one at a time doesnt exist. Personally I was embarrassed the way he acted. 

Mine was 2 weeks ago - maybe it changed ......still think he talked to the wrong person - the management is not fighting these little things - but you have to talk to them first!

Just off b2b on Independence. Extremely friendly dining room waiter who went out of his way to serve us for both cruises. He explained that it is, in fact, a new rule on RCCL. I like to have streak and shrimp on the tiger shrimp night and I still had to choose which one to get first and which one to follow. (Then, he’d bring another whole plate of shrimp after those 2 entrees were gone 😂).

So yes, you can order unlimited apps, entrees, and desserts. All usually served with great attitude by very hard working people. I, frankly, do not see a need to complain just because I’m not served 2 dinners at the same time. There is usually not enough room on the table for that anyway, lol.

Just my 2c worth.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Not true - just have to ask for them to be served together!

Did he talk to the maitre? Who was saying no? When was this?

Who cares!🙄 I sure don't! 😁

Mine was 2 weeks ago - maybe it changed ......still think he talked to the wrong person - the management is not fighting these little things - but you have to talk to them first!

You must be a delightful traveling companion.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

On the Anthem TA, one night we ordered 3 apps for the 2 of us.  The waiter brought all 3 at the same time.  He told us the next night that he got scolded for bringing all 3 together.  He tried to explain to the scolder that he was serving his customers and that was the proper thing to do.