Medallions arrived today

Shawn5

Got our medallions about two weeks prior to sail date. Nice box, good presentation, with lanyards and fancy aluminum blue clips. Charge was only $5 for the one medallion that we had customized. No charge for shipping. They were shipped from Singapore via FedEx.

IMG_8408.JPG

IMG_8405.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We don't have the option of home delivery in Australia , pick up at embarkation only. Would be great to pump up the excitement level by receiving something in the post instead of all online.Thank you for sharing. Cheers, Buzz.

• Like 3

Yes, it's always a nice boost of morale when that box appears in your mailbox. Given that these are shipped from Cina (usually) I don't see why they couldn't ship to other places besides the US. Seems a bit arbitrary. 

• Like 2

Time to start packing @Shawn5. Or at least think about what to pack

I'm standard fare & got mine last week but no blue clip!! MedallionClass app states my Australian cruise medallion is ordered to be shipped to my home, no charge. Also standard fare

15 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Given that these are shipped from Cina (usually) I don't see why they couldn't ship to other places besides the US. Seems a bit arbitrary. 

I may be wrong about this, but I seem to recall that shipping the medallions to other countries would incur additional taxes and customs fees.  The payment for the cruise is all done through U.S. locations.  Shipping a U.S. product to other countries might trigger fees based on the cost of the cruise.  Again, I cannot locate the source of this information, but I seem to recall that is the reason for U.S. only.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I may be wrong about this, but I seem to recall that shipping the medallions to other countries would incur additional taxes and customs fees.  The payment for the cruise is all done through U.S. locations.  Shipping a U.S. product to other countries might trigger fees based on the cost of the cruise.  Again, I cannot locate the source of this information, but I seem to recall that is the reason for U.S. only.

You are probably correct. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

The cost of the cruise has nothing to do with a Medallion.  The shipping of something and whether attracts duty or tax is based on the thing itself and its value.  The item involved isn't worth much and I imagine would not attract charges in many countries.  Certainly not for Canada as I don't see their value at anything close to $20/$25.

Edited by Steelers36