Labadee - can I buy liquor bottle to take home

Hi

Everytime I go to a new country I like to buy a souvenir for myself of a bottle of liquor for my collection.

I'm over 70 and never open.

I've never been to haiti so hope there will be a shop at port that sells liquor made in Haiti.

Thanks

18 minutes ago, thepla said:

Hi

Everytime I go to a new country I like to buy a souvenir for myself of a bottle of liquor for my collection.

I'm over 70 and never open.

I've never been to haiti so hope there will be a shop at port that sells liquor made in Haiti.

Thanks

Labadee is a private compound run by Royal.  It's not going to be a port with the kind of shops you're thinking about.  Only Royal ships stop there, the crew brings the food from the ship.  The entire compound is surrounded by fencing and security.  So while you're in Haiti, you are confined to what is basically an extension of the ship, like Coco Cay.  So no liquor stores, or any stores, other than a vendor market selling their wares.  This is the extent of it, pretty remote.  The buildings are the bathrooms and food service areas.  

Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas at Labadee, Haiti

Labadee Haiti: Everything You Need To Know

Edited by rockmom

6 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Labadee is a private compound run by Royal.  It's not going to be a port with the kind of shops you're thinking about.  Only Royal ships stop there, the crew brings the food from the ship.  The entire compound is surrounded by fencing and security.  So while you're in Haiti, you are confined to what is basically an extension of the ship, like Coco Cay.  So no liquor stores, or any stores, other than a vendor market selling their wares.  This is the extent of it, pretty remote.  The buildings are the bathrooms and food service areas.  

Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas at Labadee, Haiti

Labadee Haiti: Everything You Need To Know

The vendor area does have a selection of local alcohol for sale. It is in the white, no haggling building not in the vendor stalls.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The vendor area does have a selection of local alcohol for sale. It is in the white, no haggling building not in the vendor stalls.

Wow, I have never seen that in there.  I was there before Covid, then again last year and never noticed it.  I did purchase a lovely metal lizard, lol.  I'll have to look more closely when I go back next year.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks

• Like 1

The local rum of Haiti is Barbancourt.  It is very good rum.  You can buy it in the building where the locals sell crafts.  You surrender it when you reboard and they will deliver it to your cabin on the last night. 

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Are you allowed to take it with you or do they put it aside and deliver it to the ship so you don't drink it while on the island?

3 hours ago, rockmom said:

I did purchase a lovely metal lizard, lol.  

It is it kind of flattish, brightly painted gecko? We collect those to go around our guest bathroom walls. I didn't know they had them on Labadee. We've been getting them on Aruba. Thanks! 

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Are you allowed to take it with you or do they put it aside and deliver it to the ship so you don't drink it while on the island?

I don't know. I never purchased any.

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

It is it kind of flattish, brightly painted gecko? We collect those to go around our guest bathroom walls. I didn't know they had them on Labadee. We've been getting them on Aruba. Thanks! 

Yes!  Those are the ones!  I have also found them in St. Thomas at one of the port shops.   I have them on my covered deck, they 'crawl' around up at the top by the ceiling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

image.thumb.png.9fde1300a8f2116e4e1d1d5011ee69d7.png

easy to find in the US ....

I'm not sure but I think when bought here is says imported for us someplace.  Now that was years ago either seal or someplace it was tad different than bought in actual country.

I always wondered why ship store didn't carry local to trip liquor.

14 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

I kinda wanna see this

I collect them and other things from my travels, that I can attach to the beams on my covered deck.  Sun/moon is from Cabo.  Lizards are from 2 stops in Labadee

Image preview

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miloomar said:

I kinda wanna see this

Well, I had posted a picture and now it looks like the photo disappeared, so here it is again.  If it disappears again, I give up.  😛  

lizards.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Well, I had posted a picture and now it looks like the photo disappeared, so here it is again.  If it disappears again, I give up.  😛  

lizards.jpg

I did look at bottles and don't see anything weird. If not in port I will buy when I get back, but that takes away "fun" part🙂