Pictures of Cats and also Carnival Venezia Maiden Inaugural First Revenue Cruise

BlerkOne

The bar is open. Yes, the "duty free" shop is open in the terminal and yes, you can carry on. The booze I had already purchased in Barcelona, but decided to pick up a couple of bottles of wine, also.

P1000115_DxO.thumb.jpg.d1c050080e9d6411b4646e7db2ade733.jpg

• Like 4

Did you do Montserrat on your own or with a tour? We did it with Spain for a Day tour co., but would like to try it on our own next time, as we felt rushed on the tour. Your photos are gorgeous. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pcrum said:

Did you do Montserrat on your own or with a tour? We did it with Spain for a Day tour co., but would like to try it on our own next time, as we felt rushed on the tour. Your photos are gorgeous. 

Thank you. Hmmm. Were you on my tour? We went on an 8 hour tour.

https://www.spaindaytours.com/barcelona-tours/montserrat-tour/

• Like 1

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Thank you. Hmmm. Were you on my tour? We went on an 8 hour tour.

https://www.spaindaytours.com/barcelona-tours/montserrat-tour/

Our trip was in May, 2019. We disembarked the NCL Epic and got the tour from the port and then it dropped us off at our hotel. Our tour was to Montserrat and then to Park Guell. We would have loved to do a cava tour, but it was not an option when we booked. 

What did you think of the tour? We were not impressed with that co. We also used them during this same trip in Seville and also were disappointed. Both of our tour guides seem disinterested and rushed us through everything. I was surprised, as I had read many good reviews of this company. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pcrum said:

Our trip was in May, 2019. We disembarked the NCL Epic and got the tour from the port and then it dropped us off at our hotel. Our tour was to Montserrat and then to Park Guell. We would have loved to do a cava tour, but it was not an option when we booked. 

What did you think of the tour? We were not impressed with that co. We also used them during this same trip in Seville and also were disappointed. Both of our tour guides seem disinterested and rushed us through everything. I was surprised, as I had read many good reviews of this company. 

Montserrat is very easily done on your own. I did it awhile ago with my elderly parents and at that point they had no issues navigating the train.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pcrum said:

I really liked the tour and our guide was excellent. It was a small group - maybe 10 people? The guide gave us a good overview, showing us were everything of interest was and then cut us loose for about 2 hours on our own before heading off to Cava.

They also do private tours, although I'm not sure how much they are.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Montserrat is very easily done on your own. I did it awhile ago with my elderly parents and at that point they had no issues navigating the train.

It doesn't get any easier than being picked up at your hotel and dropped off at the top of the hill without having to walk up it. Having a tour guide with narration the whole drive there, and someone who knows where everything is and can lead you there - priceless.

The ticketing process on weekends has changed to timed tickets.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

It has only taken an hour or so for MarQ to become annoying to me. That's about average. These CDs and their tag lines...

IntrepidFromDC said the same thing,lol (How do you tag another CC member?)

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

It has only taken an hour or so for MarQ to become annoying to me. That's about average. These CDs and their tag lines...

The fact he spells his name MarQ annoys me, and I’ve never met the man!

• Haha 6

No brunch today - breakfast and lunch in one of the MDRs. Our Diamond lunch is also today. Received  the invitation in the middle of the night - lots of notice. 🙂

The ice machines on our deck (maybe all of them) don't seem to be working. We are supposed to call room service for ice. Room service apparently didn't get the memo. Need to investigate that more.

QR-breakfast-menu.pdf

The shower has a shaving bar at the perfect location - behind you at +/- belly button height.

Whether intentional of not, the grab hole in the shower door allows a steady stream of cool air to enter as the steamy air evacuates at the top of the door and gets sucked out. Result is a fog free to almost fog free bathroom mirror.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Diamond lunch was great. I feel a hangover coming on.

P1000238.thumb.JPG.6b7323cce9b7e677ed49ccbbe7e453a2.JPGP1000236_DxO.thumb.jpg.d5e3b6477418ae3b2513ac0655258085.jpg

That looks yummy! We had a great Diamond lunch last November on the Celebration. It was our first since turning Diamond and we will look forward to that on our next Carnival cruise. I can do without the cocktail parties and TBH we don't attend those anymore. 

• Like 3