Pictures of Cats and also Carnival Venezia Maiden Inaugural First Revenue Cruise

BlerkOne

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

We have arrive and waiting for our driver. We have many cats. More pictures to follow. We are fortunate to have people living on site to take care of everything when we are gone, but we try not to abuse them.

We are down to 4, unless I count the outdoor ferals. We lost one of our indoor last month over the bridge. But always have to make sure we have arrangements ahead of time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sammee said:

We are down to 4, unless I count the outdoor ferals. We lost one of our indoor last month over the bridge. But always have to make sure we have arrangements ahead of time.

Counting the ferals (not that many) I think my better half has a few dozen. I have one (1). That's not counting the pole cats and possum cats that help themselves to some of the outdoor food. 🙂

After the cruise, we really have to make an effort to capture and have fixed the two ferals we have been feeding, and their recent litter with maybe another one on the way. But they are onto us.

One of the cats we boarded needs steroids and actually the other one really does, but has heart issues and steroids sends him into heart failure. Poor fella.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Counting the ferals (not that many) I think my better half has a few dozen. I have one (1). That's not counting the pole cats and possum cats that help themselves to some of the outdoor food. 🙂

After the cruise, we really have to make an effort to capture and have fixed the two ferals we have been feeding, and their recent litter with maybe another one on the way. But they are onto us.

One of the cats we boarded needs steroids and actually the other one really does, but has heart issues and steroids sends him into heart failure. Poor fella.

When we moved into this home in 2013, we only had 2 cats. But there was a good 15 ferals outside, I got 2 TNR'd kittens as a housewarming gift, lol. The rest lived their lives being fed (all TNR'd). We are down to maybe 4 outside and have 4 indoor cats. I hope nobody moves in or out causing more unfixed kitty problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sammee said:

When we moved into this home in 2013, we only had 2 cats. But there was a good 15 ferals outside, I got 2 TNR'd kittens as a housewarming gift, lol. The rest lived their lives being fed (all TNR'd). We are down to maybe 4 outside and have 4 indoor cats. I hope nobody moves in or out causing more unfixed kitty problems.

What is TNR?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sammee said:

That's our philosophy. We will feed and take care of you for life, and all it will cost you is one small surgery.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 4:02 PM, BlerkOne said:

Good choice using my passes at the United club at DFW. The one by the gate at Dulles isn’t currently accepting any. Guess they are at capacity and need to save space for members.

Looking forward to following your trip. Have a great time. 

That club was the best I have been in food was great. It was pre Covid so not sure it’s as good now though but sure looks good. 

Safe travels 

16 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

What is TNR?

Trap, Neuter, Release. We have animal rescues or you can do it on your own. They have animal cages set with a spring door when they take the food. Completely harmless. They get taken to a vet and checked out, neutered & possibly rabies shots. They are than released back to where they came from if they are too old to be tamed down. If they show signs of friendliness, they get fostered and homes found for them.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Looking forward to following your trip. Have a great time. 

That club was the best I have been in food was great. It was pre Covid so not sure it’s as good now though but sure looks good. 

Safe travels 

Thank you. I thought the club was nice. They were replacing breakfast with snack just before we left.

PXL_20230526_154939520_DxO.thumb.jpg.37d5fb9840910e2026f32501f2136ade.jpgPXL_20230526_154936705_DxO.thumb.jpg.f33286651ac8bf900335e60c0a551ced.jpgPXL_20230526_154933035.MP_DxO.thumb.jpg.2ebebc73d59eae7fcda0e154185f72c3.jpg

• Like 1

Onto the flight, because, why not. We were a row of two, with extra underseat storage. 777-200s have a number of configurations, but this one works for us - cattle class frequent flier seats. Score!

PXL_20230526_221240390_DxO.thumb.jpg.d008c4ac44925406f80822ce22251c35.jpgPXL_20230526_171926912_DxO.thumb.jpg.0312bb59f7632b011be991e2f980c243.jpgPXL_20230526_164301789_DxO.thumb.jpg.97538f2244a4c1c368ed5dc446366a20.jpgPXL_20230526_221245198_DxO.thumb.jpg.91b172f954351f670af3327d17e95520.jpg

• Like 3

Thankfully no more medical emergencies, but they did ask everyone to remain seated while paramedics came on to assist one passenger (who ended up walking off the plane). While most people listened, there were of course, some of those.

• Like 1

Just want to say I love what you all are doing for ferals. My next door neighbors trapped and took in a litter and mom last December because they and the local experts didn't think the kittens would survive the winter.  They managed to find a home for the mom as a barn cat and tamed the kittens and adopted them all out. I love my neighbors. I still laugh when I remember walking past their house last winter and seeing the venetian blinds in accelerating disrepair. 

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I still laugh when I remember walking past their house last winter and seeing the venetian blinds in accelerating disrepair. 

Curtains and shades shredded. Whatever it takes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

Ugh they served you that horrible pink packaged dessert! Might be one of the worse things I’ve ever tasted.

I actually thought it was a highlight of the meal. Scored two of them!

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

My one that crossed over last month was on steroids, he had a mass pressing into intestinal area. Poor thing wanted to eat, but it just wasn't happening, so we ended up taking him to vet. It's never easy, they are like children and can't tell us whats wrong. This crew now will be a bloodbath now for 2 of them trying to put them in a carrier. The other 2 easy once caught.

• Like 1