What are specialty desserts?

CruisinCadie

I notice our TA has purchased 2 specialty desserts for each of us on our upcoming cruise.  I haven't sailed Princess since 2021 and don't remember seeing them before.  What are they?  I'm suspecting something extremely high in calories and/or alcoholic.

Thanks,

Kathy

They are a combination of ice cream/gelato, cake, candies and other stuff in a large glass with goo dripping down the sides.  Yum! lol. 
I think you’ll either love it or hate it.  We get them complimentary with our Plus Package, but I doubt if we’ll bother more than once.  Since yours are a gift, then I’d go ahead and give it a go.  You may like it!

Could some kind member please post a photo?  Thank you!

11 minutes ago, CruisinCadie said:

Thanks.  These must come with our Plus packages.  They sound yummy!

Kathy

15 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

They are a combination of ice cream/gelato, cake, candies and other stuff in a large glass with goo dripping down the sides.  Yum! lol. 
I think you’ll either love it or hate it.  We get them complimentary with our Plus Package, but I doubt if we’ll bother more than once.  Since yours are a gift, then I’d go ahead and give it a go.  You may like it!

Could some kind member please post a photo?  Thank you!

image.png.ad2b8f29213ba82bc73739026de1168c.png

• Thanks 1

They use Sunday glasses with pre-melted chocolate with sprikkles frozen on the edge of the glass as if it is oozing over.  But it is fake.  And you can’t nibble that “oozed” chocolate.

I tried the premium desserts and was disappointed.  

1 hour ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

Do they really give those mini bottles of liquor? They are so cute. I am tempted to order the sundae just to get the little bottle. I assume they are unopened.

Good question!  I planned to order just *one* of these things for the laughs and photo, not cause I wanted to eat it... but if the little liquor bottles are unopened, that might be fun.  I'm kind of assuming that they open them though before sticking them in, but it would be fun if someone knew first hand :)

11 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

They use Sunday glasses with pre-melted chocolate with sprikkles frozen on the edge of the glass as if it is oozing over.  But it is fake.  And you can’t nibble that “oozed” chocolate.

I tried the premium desserts and was disappointed.  

Are you sayin that the chocolate and candies stuck to the outside of the glasses are for decoration only? 

2 minutes ago, 9CB said:

I wonder if we can just get a scoop of gelato as a "specialty dessert?" I love gelato, but I'm not interested in all that other stuff.

No gelato cannot be substituted for the Sundays unfortunately

Edited by Jeter02

Just now, Coral said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e78849bcf7cef4b79004c0bf202057ce.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.390ceabbad92fd5a9fdf17cd87dd4de0.jpeg

Ok - I never thought I would order this. I rarely eat ice cream as I don't do well with dairy. Getting back from Victoria, I went ahead and ordered the one with cheese cake. They are not as large as they look and there is not as much inside as it appears. I have to say it was good. With Plus package, you are entitled to 2 per day. I ordered 1 on the cruise.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Are you sayin that the chocolate and candies stuck to the outside of the glasses are for decoration only? 

I couldn't get the chocolate or marshmallows off. I probably could have pulled the marshmallows off but they didn't come off with the spoon. 

I ordered this and then they were made in a back room and it was brought out about 5 minutes after I ordered it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Besides ice cream they also have options for large slices of cake as well.. 

These were at International Cafe - I assume this is what you are referring to. I did not try them. Obviously I take too many pictures on vacation....!

IMG_2424.jpeg

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Coral said:

These were at International Cafe - I assume this is what you are referring to. I did not try them.

IMG_2424.jpeg

On a lot of the Royal classships that I've been on lately Enchanted Sky and Discovery Even the Regal as well they have their cake slices in the gelato area. But those look like they very well could be by in the international cafe on whichever ship this is that you're on the specialty cake.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

On a lot of the Royal classships that I've been on lately Enchanted Sky and Discovery Even the Regal as well they have their cake slices in the gelato area. But those look like they very well could be by in the international cafe on whichever ship this is that you're on the specialty cake.

This was on the Crown Princess. Between the International Cafe and the Coffee area. I have no clue where the gelato was (Lido?).

Just now, Coral said:

This was on the Crown Princess. Between the International Cafe and the Coffee area. I have no clue where the gelato was (Lido?).

Ah ok. Well I know the crowns the sister ship to the Ruby so I remember when the Ruby came out they used to keep the gelato in a section at international Cafe. It's been a while since I've been on the review a couple years ago so I don't know if they rearranged it or not