LIVE, Resilient Lady- 6/4-6/11

MeganGC1983

Originally, we would have been on the road to DFW by now. Instead, we will head out about noon and grab an early dinner in Dallas. We had purchased seats with British Airways for the DC to London portion of the flight… that was refunded and fortunately, the almost identical 2 seat arraignment was available on the new DFW to Heathrow flight, and cheaper. The saving of a whole $18.70. I would say that I’ll try not to spend it all in one place, but it’s airport life, that’s like one bottle of water in the terminal. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 8
  • Haha 11

5 hours ago, Island2Dweller said:

"I've never done this, but is there a place at the London airport where you can sleep? I've heard of some airports having this option. "

London has six airports, so you need to say which one.  If you meant Heathrow (one of those six), then it has four terminals, and these different terminals are miles apart from each other.  Do you mean a couple of hours quick rest or a full overnight?

More detail please to get meaningful suggestions

I posted that.  I selected Heathrow because Megan's ticket had the code LHR.  The link I posted is to Hilton Garden Inn at Terminal 2 & 3 which I believe is at Heathrow so one wouldn't need to leave the airport to catch some rest.  Expensive rest but an option. Megan will be at a pub which works as well😁.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This waiting around all day is for the birds. I’ve questioned my packing 200 times. I’m not sure where anything is located. I did just realized I made a spray tanning error. I left a bandaid on 🤦🏼‍♀️ Not noticeable at all, right?! 😬

image.jpg

• Haha 36

Oh boy flights are a scary thing these days!  It will work out. 

Just curious how many hours is total travel time from gate to gate?  With time differences it’s hard to know but I’m sure the last l looked it was going to be a very long duration.

Have a great trip can’t wait to read all about it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Oh boy flights are a scary thing these days!  It will work out. 

Just curious how many hours is total travel time from gate to gate?  With time differences it’s hard to know but I’m sure the last l looked it was going to be a very long duration.

Have a great trip can’t wait to read all about it. 

From DFW to Heathrow is 9 hours 20 minutes with I’m pretty sure… if my math is right a 6 hours time change. Then to ATH it’s 3 hours 35 minutes with a 2 hour time change. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

This waiting around all day is for the birds. I’ve questioned my packing 200 times. I’m not sure where anything is located. I did just realized I made a spray tanning error. I left a bandaid on 🤦🏼‍♀️ Not noticeable at all, right?! 😬

image.jpg

That'll buff right out!😘

• Haha 11

The flying is the worst part of every trip. I have to come to absolutely despise it. Personally, I wish every cruise would just leave from Galveston- a 3 hour drive for me.  Unfortunately, it would take a long time to get to Greece.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

image.jpg

I knew that I should've patented the barefoot pictures so I could collect royalties... 

• Haha 16

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I knew that I should've patented the barefoot pictures so I could collect royalties... 

I’m just glad my toenail grew back in time for this trip. The rogue can of biscuits that rolled outta the fridge and onto my toe before the Celebrity sailing did some damage. I was completely toenail-less for about 2 weeks. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BohJang said:

The flying is the worst part of every trip. I have to come to absolutely despise it. Personally, I wish every cruise would just leave from Galveston- a 3 hour drive for me.  Unfortunately, it would take a long time to get to Greece.

But changing up the ports bit!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m just glad my toenail grew back in time for this trip. The rogue can of biscuits that rolled outta the fridge and onto my toe before the Celebrity sailing did some damage. I was completely toenail-less for about 2 weeks. 

Remind me to have Melania show you her "banana" toe...

True story! She opened the freezer side of the fridge and a frozen banana fell and took out 1 of her toes. 

She still suffers from toe nail trauma...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

Remind me to have Melania show you her "banana" toe...

True story! She opened the freezer side of the fridge and a frozen banana fell and took out 1 of her toes. 

She still suffers from toe nail trauma...

Oh wow! Yeah I had just enough for the pedicure lady to attach a faux nail. Hopefully it fully recovers. 

• Like 6

I’m dressed for airport/airplane comfort which means I’m sweating profusely in 85 degree, pre-storm humidity Oklahoma. Just loaded all the kid crap and our stuff. I better swipe on a few more rounds of deodorant before we head out. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 10