Solo Cruiser - Adding a person to fully paid booking?

miagirl

Has anyone any insight as to a ballpark range (percentage wise) of how much this could cost?  I've tried to call and tried Chat - chat has a message that they are too busy and to try back later.  My category is sold out.  In fact the category is sold out for all the similar itineraries for the rest of the summer, so I can't even ball park it that way.  I know that I paid a single supplement so I'm thinking that the cost to add someone to my cabin should not be exorbitant.  

Just thought I'd see if anyone had anything to share while I keep trying to get a hold of Princess.  

thanks

It depends on what was the cost of your ‘solo’ supplement ? Looking at your signature, are you enquiring about your Crown Alaska sailing?

Many of these Crown sailings the solo supplement was only about 10%. Under regular 100% solo supplement, adding Passenger2 would only be the Govt taxes and fees, but check your invoice from Princess or your travel agent to try and see if you paid a reduced solo supplement. The cost to add passenger2 is normally 100% of the double occupancy fare, plus the Govt taxes and fees. If you paid 200% to go solo, then the only additional cost to add passenger2 are the taxes. 

Princess will be able to tell you the cost to add passenger2.

Thank you!  I have looked at the invoice and can't tell, finally got a hold of Princess Chat and they wouldn't help me, told me to call me TA, who's out of town at the moment.  Since I didn't get anywhere with Chat, I'll just try and sit on the phone to talk to a person and hope they will give me an idea.

Since my friend is recently widowed, I doubt that she'd want to pay 90 or 100 % of what I paid.  I splashed out in honor of what would have been my 20th wedding anniversary (widowed as well).   Club Class, Premier bev. package.   If the difference is reasonable I'd love to have her join me.  Fingers crossed that I paid a more normal single supplement.

2 minutes ago, miagirl said:

finally got a hold of Princess Chat and they wouldn't help me, told me to call me TA, who's out of town at the moment. 

Ah...you booked with a TA!  Yes, Princess cannot help you directly in this situation...everything needs to go through your TA if that's how you booked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miagirl said:

Thank you!  I have looked at the invoice and can't tell, finally got a hold of Princess Chat and they wouldn't help me, told me to call me TA, who's out of town at the moment.  Since I didn't get anywhere with Chat, I'll just try and sit on the phone to talk to a person and hope they will give me an idea.

This is one reason I love my TA. I've called and left a message and had him call me back even though he was in a hotel across the country and it was after 8:00 PM where he was. I've had this happen a couple of times and it's great service like this that help keep me coming back to him.

• Like 1

She could also look at booking her own room.

I know my single supplement on Crown was only 110%.

Your TA will need to help you on this.

Edited by Coral

More clarity please.

Did you book solo fare at 200%?  If so, your travel mate would "probably" be able to book at your current (double occupancy) rate.

If you booked solo fare at $110%, your travel mate would "probably" have to fork up full fare.

If you booked at 200% and decided to be magnanimous, YOUR fare would return back to the initial fare and YOU could pay for her fare.

Is this all before final payment?

17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

More clarity please.

Did you book solo fare at 200%?  If so, your travel mate would "probably" be able to book at your current (double occupancy) rate.

If you booked solo fare at $110%, your travel mate would "probably" have to fork up full fare.

If you booked at 200% and decided to be magnanimous, YOUR fare would return back to the initial fare and YOU could pay for her fare.

Is this all before final payment?

I think it is for this month.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all.  Yes the cruise is this month, so past final payment.  It looks like I  paid a single supplement of only 20% (good news for me, not so good in terms of adding someone and staying within the budget).

My TA did indeed get back to me.  

Yes there are insides and ocean views still available.  All in all, it would cost her about $100 a day more than the cost of those cabins to join me in mine.  If she chooses to go that way, I'll just forgo cc dining and the theatre reservations.  

It's the room type that determines Club Class dining, so you wouldn't have to forego that, unless you're just referring to the Specialty Dining Restaurant meals that come with the Premier fare? Maybe instead of going twice they'd let the two of you go once? 💕

15 hours ago, jwattle said:

It's the room type that determines Club Class dining, so you wouldn't have to forego that, unless you're just referring to the Specialty Dining Restaurant meals that come with the Premier fare? Maybe instead of going twice they'd let the two of you go once? 💕

Oh yes, I'm sure I can use one of the specialty dining credits to treat my friend.  If she decides to book a separate lower cabin category I can't invite her to join me in CC dining.  That's a hard no with Princess.  Just like they don't allow full suite people to invite non-suite people to the special suites only daily breakfast.  

We'll see, she's still deciding. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, miagirl said:

Oh yes, I'm sure I can use one of the specialty dining credits to treat my friend.  If she decides to book a separate lower cabin category I can't invite her to join me in CC dining.  That's a hard no with Princess.  Just like they don't allow full suite people to invite non-suite people to the special suites only daily breakfast.  

We'll see, she's still deciding. 

You can join her in regular dining.

11 hours ago, Coral said:

You can join her in regular dining.

Absolutely!  I was just trying to let people know that I would not be trying to get her in to CC dining.  That sort of thing gets people hot under the collar...

• Like 3