Port Canaveral to MCO transportation questions.

HodgeNNicole

We are on the Mardi Gras in a few weeks.... Was looking at the transfer from Port Canaveral to MCO, Carnival wants $37 per person and I wanted to gage the cost of other options before booking the Carnival transfer.

There are 3 of us, does anyone have recent experience with Uber, Lyft etc on a Saturday AM to get to the airport with regards to availability and price???

Our flight leaves MCO at 11:45 so timing is another possible variable to consider.

Any thoughts would be great.

8 minutes ago, HodgeNNicole said:

We are on the Mardi Gras in a few weeks.... Was looking at the transfer from Port Canaveral to MCO, Carnival wants $37 per person and I wanted to gage the cost of other options before booking the Carnival transfer.

There are 3 of us, does anyone have recent experience with Uber, Lyft etc on a Saturday AM to get to the airport with regards to availability and price???

Our flight leaves MCO at 11:45 so timing is another possible variable to consider.

You mention just the one way, not round trip so I am assuming that is all you really need.  There arr a couple of variables to consider, one of which is your flight time.  If you are checking bags, mco will not allow you to check in and drop backs within 45 minutes (I believe, some of my friends will correct me if I am wrong).  You will need to take that into consideration, waiting for a Carnival bus to fill can be an issue. You will beed to ensure they know your flight time.  

MCOtoportcanaveral dot com advertises round trip for mid 30’s so one ways (if the offer them) would be cheaper.  Two other options we have used in the past.  The first was a one way car rental.  There are options very close to port and it used to be very reasonable (not sure if still so). But worth checking out.  The other is Uber or Lyft.  We have used them a couple of times, remember it being around 75 to 80 total.  Think outside the box.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HodgeNNicole said:

can’t help with Uber….here are some pre-paid shuttles you can check out:

*Cortrans Shuttle 

*Cocoa Beach Shuttle 

*Cruise Control Transportation 

*GoPort

Took a Lyft last month from Port Canaveral to a hotel near MCO. It was $69.48 and took 40 minutes. Pick up was at 7:30am. It’s easier to get the ride from the Holiday Inn across the street rather than the congested port area.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HodgeNNicole said:

28 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

You mention just the one way, not round trip so I am assuming that is all you really need.  There arr a couple of variables to consider, one of which is your flight time.  If you are checking bags, mco will not allow you to check in and drop backs within 45 minutes (I believe, some of my friends will correct me if I am wrong).  You will need to take that into consideration, waiting for a Carnival bus to fill can be an issue. You will beed to ensure they know your flight time.  

MCOtoportcanaveral dot com advertises round trip for mid 30’s so one ways (if the offer them) would be cheaper.  Two other options we have used in the past.  The first was a one way car rental.  There are options very close to port and it used to be very reasonable (not sure if still so). But worth checking out.  The other is Uber or Lyft.  We have used them a couple of times, remember it being around 75 to 80 total.  Think outside the box.

I just took the Carnival shuttle back to MCO from Port Canaveral (Mardi Gras) in March and was at MCO before 9 am.   

Thanks for the responses...

We are coming in the day before and staying at the Holiday Inn across the street,  Many people have suggested walking across the street to catch uber/lyft, how easy is that to accomplish with an 8 year old and luggage? If it is that easy might walk across the street to board rather than Uber/Lyft if that is possible,

Yes, I was only looking for one way from the port back to MCO. I would rather pay $70-80 for an uber than paying $100+ and being stressed waiting for the buss to fill up to leave.  

We plan to walk off with our bags.  I was hoping to be off the ship in the first wave before the crowds and find a ride share from there.  At least that was my best case scenario!!

• Like 1

Carnival requires the departure time from mco to be no earlier than 12:50, so I wouldn't use that. 

There's lots of shuttle companies.  I would pick a few that have really good reviews and price them.  

With luggage and 3 of you, you might need an Uberxl. Shuttle company may be cheaper, and the reservation will ask you number of people and luggage will fit. 

I would have pick up at the port, not across the street.  The shuttle companies do this all the time. They'll know how to find you/ help you find them. 

With your flight time, I would plan on being on the road by 8:45 the latest. So, schedule an 8:30 pick up. 

We did a car rental once, but we had a few days added on the front end of the trip...

Last year we hired a limo, while the experience was fantastic, it was just higher than 200...

But we got to the port in about 50 minutes, rolled right up to luggage drop off,

The driver handled all the luggage shuffling.

walked across the street and went right in with no line.

Was onboard MG by 11AM. That ease was worth the cost for us.

With all that covid on board credit we had - over 2K...,

we just bought the carnival bus transport to get back to MCO.

Walked outside the terminal, right onto the bus.

We had a later flight, so we did not worry about getting to MCO in a rush either.

Was very simple.

On 6/4/2023 at 9:19 PM, LuvCruiSun said:

Took a Lyft last month from Port Canaveral to a hotel near MCO. It was $69.48 and took 40 minutes. Pick up was at 7:30am. It’s easier to get the ride from the Holiday Inn across the street rather than the congested port area.

I don't want to sound stupid but honestly I've never used a Lyft or Uber.  When do you book a ride?  The morning of or can you prebook like before a cruise.  We have an 11 am flight from MCO and trying to find quickest way to get there.

22 hours ago, Ravensfan1973 said:

I don't want to sound stupid but honestly I've never used a Lyft or Uber.  When do you book a ride?  The morning of or can you prebook like before a cruise.  We have an 11 am flight from MCO and trying to find quickest way to get there.

I book the ride as soon as I'm at the pickup location. We only waited about 2 or 3 minutes for our ride, but it was still pretty early. This is the only time I've been to Port Canaveral so not sure if this is typical. You can schedule in advance, but it's difficult to know the exact time you are off the ship and ready for pickup. Also, I think scheduling in advance costs a lot more. 

• Like 1

I just booked with Cruise control, just wanted to let you know they offer

10% with code MHFAM.  I have never used them but come recommended

here. I booked a private shuttle.  Every little bit helps.

• Like 2