Live from Viking Saturn June 7-21 NYC-Canada-Greenland-Iceland

CCWineLover

38 minutes ago, KrisD28 said:

Is this just in World Cafe and other restaurants for lunch and dinner? Do the other bars around the ship have a better selections on wines by the glass?

This is the wine list you can order from.  Anywhere.  There is a red, white, and sparkling wine of the day each day at lunch and dinner that’s is “free”.  For example here is todays included red.  

IMG_3896.thumb.jpeg.678e0eed9dc3ccab8b01c39fdcd27609.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Perhaps the particulates in the fire smoke will add some “zest” to wines you might not otherwise select!  😀

Other than the wine list, do you have any observations regarding the new ship?

Kent, I see that an Italian Brunello is only $60.00! That is a great price for a bottle on a cruise ship!  

I will look next Monday  on the Jupiter to see if the wine list is fleet wide. 

Enjoy  enjoy,

Cheers,

Patti

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Joe - no La Planta here.  But just had the Coppola Zin.  Very good!!!

here’s another wine list page.  I’ll get them all posted soon.

IMG_3885.jpeg

I think it’s the 2nd one down on the list for Spain.

CC,

Thanks for the wine lists, and your Live from.

Agree, not too much choice by glass. We have SSBP on next cruise.  Do they have any Chilean reds by glass?  They can be very nice.

Really enjoyed the Coppola Zin on Sea last Dec.  Found it locally (Delaware)  a $13 bottle.   PA more I think around $18 plus 6% tax.  Thank you PLCB.

Enjoy your cruise.  Will be following.

• Like 2

Kent, thank you again to the wine list. I love to see for the first time, CAVA sparkling wine, my very favorite. I had to buy my own bottle when we hit a Spanish port last time. 

I know what I will have when I walk on board for my first drink to toast my first afternoon on the ship.

Thanks, Kent.

Is there a naturalist on board?  wondering if cruising along the coast of Iceland you are close enough for bird watching.  I don't remember a chess set up in Explorer's previously. 

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

IMG_3901.thumb.jpeg.5f12618ea83ba26bb85ad83e9ac37c3e.jpeg

Viking could enhance this itinerary by adding St. John’s, Newfoundland — a beautiful city. But as I think about it, SJ is a bit out of the way relative to the included Newfoundland stop at L’Anse aux Meadows (also very worthwhile). Plus, Viking may want to stay away from Newfoundland’s NE coast (aka “Iceberg Alley”) at this time of year.

22 minutes ago, SJD117 said:

Viking could enhance this itinerary by adding St. John’s, Newfoundland — a beautiful city. But as I think about it, SJ is a bit out of the way relative to the included Newfoundland stop at L’Anse aux Meadows (also very worthwhile). Plus, Viking may want to stay away from Newfoundland’s NE coast (aka “Iceberg Alley”) at this time of year.

I completely agree about St. John's - great town and a special harbour entrance! Not sure there's much to choose re ice - going to or from Greenland at this time of year will put the ship into the "Alley" from either port.

Hoping for those onboard that there are no route disruptions! 🍺🥌

• Like 3

14 hours ago, deec said:

Thanks, Kent.

Is there a naturalist on board?  wondering if cruising along the coast of Iceland you are close enough for bird watching.  I don't remember a chess set up in Explorer's previously. 

Hi Dee!  Michael Scott is doing the nature role on this trip.  We’ve had him before.  He’s doing a wildlife watch today.

I took the pic of chess set as I’ve not seen that before on Viking. In fact the whole 8th floor of Explorers Lounge looked different.  7th floor looks same.

other nuances (tweaks needed)-the room A/C blasts really strong air - almost too much. No way to turn volume down.  Never had an issue on other ships.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1