Elite and Aqua?

island lady

Finally booking my first Celebrity cruise...finally!   I will have Elite level matching status from being a Loyal Royal.   I have booked an Aqua suite.  

Getting confused on what (if any) perks come with both.   IMHO...I really can't find a lot of them with either?  

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

When in a suite, the one and only Elite benefit of any value to me is a free bag of laundry.

Thanks...and I believe we have access to Blu for dinner...but that was all I could really find.  Not "spa" people, so that is not something we would use.  

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Did you book an Aqua Class cabin or did you book at Aqua Sky Suite.  
here is a link to the Captains  Club benefits

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/Captain-Clubs-Benefits-Brochure-V8.pdf

Aqua class cabin 1102.   And thanks for the link, it was better than what I found online.  So it looks like we have complimentary drinks for happy hour in the lounge, with being Elite? 

Edited by island lady

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

When in a suite, the one and only Elite benefit of any value to me is a free bag of laundry.

We frequently make use of the pressing and dry clean benefits as well as the spa and dining discounts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...and I believe we have access to Blu for dinner...but that was all I could really find.  Not "spa" people, so that is not something we would use.  

Suites have access to Luminae for dinner. I've never dined on Blu, but Luminae is very, very good.

8 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Suites have access to Luminae for dinner. I've never dined on Blu, but Luminae is very, very good.

Thanks.  Being Aqua class (not Aqua sky suite)....apparently I am not really in a suite.  But I know about Blu and do intend to at least use that...at least it is something.  😉 

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Whoops, ignore everything I've written as you are not actually in a suite.

Thanks...I am such a newbie to Celebrity....assuming Aqua class is more like a "Junior Suite" on RCI then...even though that one is called a suite...it is not really a suite.   😉 

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

We frequently make use of the pressing and dry clean benefits as well as the spa and dining discounts. 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Aqua class cabin 1102.  

Sounds like you are on a M Class ship.   In Aqua class Blu is your assigned dining room, and the reason most book Aqua Class.  With booking Aqua class you most likely got the Classic beverage package and basic wi-fi included.  If you want to upgrade those to Premium there is a Elite discount for both but you do have to call to upgrade with discount.

if you look at the detailed list of Elite benefits you will see there is priority for tendering, some events and other perks.  The bag of wash and fold laundry is the most popular.  If you are traveling with another person who is also Elite you each get a bag of laundry. 
Enjoy you cruise.

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Sounds like you are on a M Class ship.   In Aqua class Blu is your assigned dining room, and the reason most book Aqua Class.  With booking Aqua class you most likely got the Classic beverage package and basic wi-fi included.  If you want to upgrade those to Premium there is a Elite discount for both but you do have to call to upgrade with discount.

if you look at the detailed list of Elite benefits you will see there is priority for tendering, some events and other perks.  The bag of wash and fold laundry is the most popular.  If you are traveling with another person who is also Elite you each get a bag of laundry. 
Enjoy you cruise.

Thank you so much!!  Just what I was looking for!  

We are on Constellation.  It is all clear as mud as to getting the Classic beverage package and wi-fi included, which I would really like.  It is just not spelled out on my confirmation.  

Edited by island lady

Just now, island lady said:

We are on Constellation.  It is all clear as mud as to getting the beverage package and wi-fi included, which I would really like.  

If you recently booked, then the only way you can book Aqua Class is as all included, which means you will get classic beverage package and basic Wi-Fi.  On Celebrity, you have the option to upgrade your beverage package to premium, or you can pay the $$ difference for alcoholic drinks.  You can either upgrade ahead of time, or wait until you are on the ship and make your decision then based on your needs.  You also can upgrade to streaming wi-fi.  It depends what you plan to use it for.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

If you recently booked, then the only way you can book Aqua Class is as all included, which means you will get classic beverage package and basic Wi-Fi.  On Celebrity, you have the option to upgrade your beverage package to premium, or you can pay the $$ difference for alcoholic drinks.  You can either upgrade ahead of time, or wait until you are on the ship and make your decision then based on your needs.  You also can upgrade to streaming wi-fi.  It depends what you plan to use it for.  

Thank you so much!!  🙂 

Thanks everyone!!  

I did navigate the website and changed up our classic beverage package to premium.  Bucky does love his Hendricks Gin.  😉  

Looking forward to our cruise up the Mississippi to New Orleans cruise.   🥰

38 minutes ago, island lady said:

Aqua class cabin 1102.   And thanks for the link, it was better than what I found online.  So it looks like we have complimentary drinks for happy hour in the lounge, with being Elite? 

Pat. The Captains Club doesn't have a dedicated lounge for the CC HH that is from 5 to 7 PM excluding the first evening. If you were to use your Elite drinks you can get them at most bars. I believe (?) Cellar Masters on the Constellation is excluded. Also no CC HH drinks in the dining venues. But since you have the CBPs doesn't really matter. No restrictions anywhere or time. Those in suites have a dedicated lounge. Retreat Lounge/Michaels Club. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Pat. The Captains Club doesn't have a dedicated lounge for the CC HH that is from 5 to 7 PM excluding the first evening. If you were to use your Elite drinks you can get them at most bars. I believe (?) Cellar Masters on the Constellation is excluded. Also no CC HH drinks in the dining venues. But since you have the CBPs doesn't really matter. No restrictions anywhere or time. Those in suites have a dedicated lounge. Retreat Lounge/Michaels Club. 

Thanks Dave...but you know me...I am such a dumb newbie when it comes to Celebrity. 😉 Have now realized, with everyone's help...I am not in a suite.  Just fancy named cabin as Aqua class...but did finally find out we have the classic beverage package, which I upgraded online just now.    

Looking forward to the cruise.  🙂 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks Dave...but you know me...I am such a dumb newbie when it comes to Celebrity. 😉 Have now realized, with everyone's help...I am not in a suite.  Just fancy named cabin as Aqua class...but did finally find out we have the classic beverage package, which I upgraded online just now.    

Looking forward to the cruise.  🙂 

We like the differences and the similarities between Celebrity and RC. Like anything new or different, adjust accordingly. We always keep our expectations low, never concern ourselves with others positive or negative opinions or experiences. Since you two are very experienced cruisers I'm sure you'll enjoy your first Celebrity cruise. Starting out as Elite is also nice. 🍷 Isn't your cruise November or December of this year? 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

We like the differences and the similarities between Celebrity and RC. Like anything new or different, adjust accordingly. We always keep our expectations low, never concern ourselves with others positive or negative opinions or experiences. Since you two are very experienced cruisers I'm sure you'll enjoy your first Celebrity cruise. Starting out as Elite is also nice. 🍷 Isn't your cruise November or December of this year? 

We are back on Wonder end of October for B2B.   Then December is WC first quarter.  

Constellation is Dec. 12th of 2024.  

We have a lot of Viking cruises booked now...cha ching..but I think we will enjoy them.  🙂  Also a B2B Columbia river cruise out of Portland with American Queen for June of next year.  Starting to spread it out quite a bit now.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 39august said:

BTW, Aqua class cabins are the same size as all veranda cabins. They are not like RCI's Jr. Suites. 

OK...thanks.  🤗 Somehow we should survive.  😉 

Looking forward to the cruise.  We should be quite used to smaller accommodations after the RCI World Cruise in a regular balcony cabin this December by then.  😄 

• Like 1