Visa to enter Bali

Chrisclaire

Hi

We are travelling from the UK to pick up the Sydney to Singapore cruise.

The ship is overnight in Bali and we are staying in an Hotel.

Can anyone help with visa requirements please?

It looks like we require one, but can anyone advise if the ship organises this?

I would call Celebrity,  but takes so long to get through 🥺

Thanks

Indonesia introduced the online Visa on arrival service a few months ago.  You can also just pay on arrival at the airport - not sure about how this is arranged at the Benoa cruise terminal.  When using the online service always make sure you are using the imigrasi.go.id domain as there are a lot of fake sites.

• Like 1

Honestly, the only way you can be sure is to get the information from Celebrity.  In the past, they arranged the visas for the port stays (vs. embarkation) but who knows if that is still in force.

In any case you will need some sort of Visa on Entry.

I would not, however, do anything about obtaining a Visa on Entry for Bali until all the discussions in Bali regarding curbing tourism are sorted out.  Changing (or ending) Visas on Entry is one of the major issues on the table.

20 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

Hi

We are travelling from the UK to pick up the Sydney to Singapore cruise.

The ship is overnight in Bali and we are staying in an Hotel.

Can anyone help with visa requirements please?

It looks like we require one, but can anyone advise if the ship organises this?

I would call Celebrity,  but takes so long to get through 🥺

Thanks

If you are on the 19 Oct Solstice cruise, we are on the same sailing.  I just completed the NZ and AUS ETA's (we are on the previous sailing stopping in NZ).  I was wondering the same about Bali, and even entering in Singapore.  Celebrity has already posted covid guidelines for this sailing, and I would think they would be contacting us on Bali/Singapore covidvisa requirements.  

I was in Bali in March (but not on a cruise). The e-visa was very easy, so we did that. At the airport, the line to purchase the entry visa also moved very, very quickly. If Celebrity doesn't arrange the visa - they did back when they had St. Petersburg sailings - I'd recommend the e-visa just for your peace of mind, but you can easily purchase it on arrival. 

12 hours ago, ECCruise said:

I would not, however, do anything about obtaining a Visa on Entry for Bali until all the discussions in Bali regarding curbing tourism are sorted out.  Changing (or ending) Visas on Entry is one of the major issues on the table.

These discussions in Bali relate to the behaviour of some tourists from certain parts of the world.  Bali’s economy is highly dependent on tourism and the local government is highly supportive of the tourist industry.

5 hours ago, woodsmiths said:

These discussions in Bali relate to the behaviour of some tourists from certain parts of the world.  Bali’s economy is highly dependent on tourism and the local government is highly supportive of the tourist industry.

I am well aware of all that, however they (including the Governor of Bali) are considering some fairly stringent restrictions on Visa on Entry, which is the subject of this thread.

These discussions started when we were there a couple of months ago and have accelerated in the last few weeks. Perhaps nothing will come of it, but if the VOE is scrapped, it is something that folks should be aware of.

13 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Singapore has no visa requirements for U.S. citizens.

Correct.

As of currently, you will, however, need to submit an application for s SG Arrival Card within 3 days of arrival in Singapore (no earlier).  There is no cost and it is fairly straightforward to complete, but it will be required to enter Singapore (which is where the OP's cruise originates).

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I have managed to speak to Celebrity today.

They say it is the individuals responsibility to check if visas are required, using visacentral.co.uk (I'm assuming there will be similar for USA)

They do not issue on the ship.

This site however appears to charge more.

E visa before we travel looks like the best option.

• Like 1

My experience has been that in many ports that require Entry Visa's Celebrity applies for the Visa for you.    If they don't they send an announcement  and have a portal on the Internet Cafe with an open connection to apply.     This is however not the case for India. 

I'm planning on waiting until on the ship and then if necessary apply for it prior to arrival.  I'm presuming since there is a $35 fee that the guest will either have to apply for it or will be charged for in on their On Board Account.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Chrisclaire et al,

We too are travelling from the UK to pick up the Sydney to Singapore cruise, departing Sydney on the 19th Oct.

I have contacted Celebrity, who have confirmed we have to acquire the Bali visa ourselves. I have been onto the Indonesian Molina Imigrasi website, and successfully created an account but repeatedly get a "Oh! No Internal Server Error", when I submit the eVisa application.

I've had this over several days and await feedback from their support folks with whom I've raised the issue. It could be that the server is confused by the address I've used. Address and Postcode are mandatory, so I've used "Jalan Pelabuhan Benoa" the road in the port and its postcode "80222" - but we are sleeping on the ship, so realistically we don't have an address.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues or found a solution?

Thanks! 

I don't see a difference if you sleep on the ***** and go on land or have an overnight hotel somewhere on the island. Anyone who enters Indonesia will need a visa and this is a sticker for the price of 500,000 IDR.

Either Celebrity arranges for it beforehand or it will be available at the port (as is the case at the airport).

On 6/18/2023 at 4:11 AM, Chrisclaire said:

They say it is the individuals responsibility to check if visas are required, using visacentral.co.uk (I'm assuming there will be similar for USA)

Never use a third-party commercial website for visas. Always go directly through the appropriate government website.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2023 at 8:53 PM, ECCruise said:

Correct.

As of currently, you will, however, need to submit an application for s SG Arrival Card within 3 days of arrival in Singapore (no earlier).  There is no cost and it is fairly straightforward to complete, but it will be required to enter Singapore (which is where the OP's cruise originates).

This cruise departs Sydney and arrives Singapore.

We visited Bali a couple of months ago.

You can either do the e-Visa in advance through the official government site or on arrival.

At the airport it took us about 5 minutes on a computer or you can do it on your phone with WiFi provided free.

They don't check anything -  they're merely after the money.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't something similar at the port.

Edited by Baggy178
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

This cruise departs Sydney and arrives Singapore.

I misspoke on the "originates."  The OP's cruise terminates in SIN.

Which is what ours did (Tokyo to Singapore), and we were required to complete the SG arrival card on the ship.  Don't know if that has, or will, change but definitely needed to do it as of the beginning of this month as per Singapore Immigration. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

Doesn’t celebrity check to see if you have the visas you are going to need for the sailing at embarkation?

They did on cruises out of Sydney that visited New Zealand earlier this year. We couldn’t board until we proved we had the Visa.