Bimmer 09 sails APEX to Iceland June 2023

Bimmer09

11 hours ago, Deck Chair Queen said:

This is Carol. Norris’s cold became worse and his doctor sent him to the ER today. He has pneumonia and will be in the hospital for a couple of days for treatment. He wanted me to explain to you all why there is a hiatus in the GSJ. All will be well. 

Oh man Carol!  That sucks.  Wish him well from Trip and Pam.  Hope you are doing well.  Take care of the both of you.🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Deck Chair Queen Carol -please give our good wishes to Norris for a quick and full recovery from my DH and me. We have both been enjoying reading his latest GSJ.

When we returned home from a cruise on the Summit, this past June, I tested positive for Covid.

On the cruise I had tummy issues, so I thought it was Noro or a “bug”.

Our family Dr said a symptom of the Corona virus is intestinal issues.

Still not feeling 100% as I get tired in the afternoons.

No matter the cause, being ill is no fun.

Hoping Norris makes good progress each day.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh my, so very sorry. Feel better soon.  And please let us know when you’re well and back in action. 

What an incredibly fantastic and detailed and funny trip report!  After reading this, I’m in search of your Norway cruise review on Silhouette. Thank you for taking all of us along with you and Carol while we anxiously await our next vacation. I mean trip. (My husband says retirees don’t take vacations; we live them.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Carol, @Deck Chair Queen, thank you very much for letting us know about Norris being ill. Pneumonia needs to be taken seriously so although I’m sure he would much prefer to be home with you and the 🐈‍⬛🐈‍⬛, I’m glad to hear that he’s where he can get the medical treatment he needs to get well. You and Norris have a lot of friends you’ve never met yet, me among them, woh are  wishing you both the very best along with a speedy and full recovery for Norris.

@Bimmer09, I hope you’re fully recovered and back to your usual energetic self soon. We’ll be here waiting until you’re healthy and ready to come back. Meanwhile, follow your doctor’s orders and I’m sure you will be back soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So  sorry to hear your unwell, I have enjoyed every bit of your trip reports,  your Norn Irish humour shines through!

We are on the Apex in August and thank you for all the details and work you put into all the info which is great to read! Hope your recovering,  taking it easy and get well soon! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Although we have never met in person, we feel as though we already know you both!  We are so sorry to hear that Norris is hospitalized and hope he will recover quickly.  Thankfully you are back in the states and not still in Europe.  Thanks, Carol, for keeping us up to date.  We have enjoyed this review very much and send you our very best wishes, Norris!

Mike and Mary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1