Family boarding New Jersey Cruise at the same time

My family of 8 will be cruising out of New Jersey in August but unfortunately I got a 10:30am boarding time, 4 got an 11:00am time and 2 got an 11:30am time. If we show up together at 10:30am will they let us all on together?  

5 minutes ago, Nlexi912 said:

My family of 8 will be cruising out of New Jersey in August but unfortunately I got a 10:30am boarding time, 4 got an 11:00am time and 2 got an 11:30am time. If we show up together at 10:30am will they let us all on together?  

Three cruises in the last year and checkin times have never been checked.  Hopefully some one with recent New Jersey experience will chime in.  Or you could all check in at 11:30.  Checkin is different than boarding time. 

The answer is "it depends".  On what I can't say because different folks report different experiences.  

If you all show up at 11:30 though you can all go through together.  

41 minutes ago, Nlexi912 said:

Yes you will be able to board at the same time, from Cape Liberty. While other ports may still be enforcing boarding times, Cape Liberty ceased looking at appointments times no later than October 2022. Boarding times were enforced upon resumption of cruising at Cape Liberty but no longer are.

You can all enter the terminal together, no one will ask to see your boarding time. After checking in, you will be directed to seats. Once suite-key-wheelchair cruisers have boarded other cruisers can and they enter in order of the row they are sitting in not their scheduled boarding time. All of you should be on the ship by 10:45, if you are in the terminal by 10 am.

4 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Are you all arriving in the same vehicle? If not, what does it really matter?

We’ll we are taking a family vacation and if it didn’t matter then I think about it…..I wouldn’t have asked the question. Thank you for your 2 cents tho😂. Always someone. 

1 hour ago, meadowlander said:

Yes you will be able to board at the same time, from Cape Liberty. While other ports may still be enforcing boarding times, Cape Liberty ceased looking at appointments times no later than October 2022. Boarding times were enforced upon resumption of cruising at Cape Liberty but no longer are.

You can all enter the terminal together, no one will ask to see your boarding time. After checking in, you will be directed to seats. Once suite-key-wheelchair cruisers have boarded other cruisers can and they enter in order of the row they are sitting in not their scheduled boarding time. All of you should be on the ship by 10:45, if you are in the terminal by 10 am.

Thank you, we will see what happens but will at least all be on by 11:30. Was just curious of the strictness as I know other ports aren’t strict. 

1 hour ago, Nlexi912 said:

We’ll we are taking a family vacation and if it didn’t matter then I think about it…..I wouldn’t have asked the question. Thank you for your 2 cents tho😂. Always someone. 

I did a family vacation with 5 families two weeks ago. No one cared when we boarded. And no one cared if we got on together or not.

2 hours ago, Nlexi912 said:

Thank you, we will see what happens but will at least all be on by 11:30. Was just curious of the strictness as I know other ports aren’t strict. 

In 2021 when cruising resumed, Cape Liberty enforced scheduled boarding times. October of that year, hundreds who had arrived earlier than their boarding time waited outside the terminal. In December 2021, there were only a few who were waiting outside, they must have never heard of boarding times being enforced.

I cruised May 2022, still enforced but by October no one was checking times. If you arrive before 10:30 you will have less time waiting on the approach to the terminal. Since you are sailing in August, most likely you will park in the outside lots. Some cruisers using the outside lots have reported paying on arrival day, others paid on disembarking.

Edited by meadowlander