Seascape - Upgrade Bid Offers

jules815

Just received an email about bidding to upgrade to either a Royal or Owner's suite for the first week of our B2B on Seascape in September. We're currently booked in a Grand (the one with the walk-in closet) for both weeks. If I'm doing the math, this offer is a joke. If I were to book the RS today on the MSC website, it's about the same as the lowest upgrade bid. 

Will that be it for the offer, or if it doesn't sell, do they continue to lower the bidding price and send out another email?

Your offer cannot possibly be as bad as the one we got.

We received our offer to bid at the end of May for our cruise next month.

Currently Seascape, yacht club grand (YCP)

Offer to bid for Royal suite...min bid $2500.pp

Owners suite...minimum bid $5800.pp

Quite a joke.

We have successfully bid for upgrades on Princess 3 times for reasonable amounts.

• Like 1

I sort of find the upgrade bidding to be an amusing game.  I am booked on B2B short cruises on Seaside for mid-August.  Both booked solo as Fantastica inside gty.  It is interesting that I booked the second leg first, online.  The next day I had a call from a number that I had associated with MSC consultants.  I had already been considering booking the previous 4 day, so I did.  I asked if they could link them.  Anyway, a couple weeks ago I got an invitation to bid for an upgrade.  I put in a modest bid for an OV, another for an Aurea balcony, and a YC.  I didn’t bid for a balcony because I have learned I seldom use it.  Well, a couple days ago I got an upgrade notice.  No, not any of my bids.  I was granted a balcony, forward on deck 12 with metal balustrade.  Okay.  I’ll take it.  The next day I get another invitation to bid for upgrades.  The prices were much lower than the previous offers.  I bid on an Aurea balcony again, and a YIN.  Interesting that I haven’t heard anything about the first leg.  EM

I had a similar laughable upgrade bid offer (we also will be in a YC suite, and the minimum bid for the Royal Suite was $2600/pp). If I recall, that was the same price as paying for that suite outright at the time of booking. Not a deal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shippy said:

Your offer cannot possibly be as bad as the one we got.

We received our offer to bid at the end of May for our cruise next month.

Currently Seascape, yacht club grand (YCP)

Offer to bid for Royal suite...min bid $2500.pp

Owners suite...minimum bid $5800.pp

Quite a joke.

We have successfully bid for upgrades on Princess 3 times for reasonable amounts.

Our minimum bid for Royal is $2460pp

Owners is $5925pp

I've successfully bid a couple of time with Royal Caribbean and thought they were reasonable amounts. 

My husband has loved the suites we've had in the past with Celebrity where we had a separate bedroom and was interested in possibly upgrading. Not for those prices though.

There's no way we're not going to enjoy the Grand we already have booked. 

My experience is that MSC bid offers from YC to YC are never any savings based on the cost difference from when I booked.  I've had two offers from regular cabins to YC that would only have had value if I had booked without a beverage package and internet,  since I already had those they only saved a couple hundred dollars versus booking outright.   Not worth the loss of cabin choice in my opinion. 

On 6/22/2023 at 12:42 PM, jules815 said:

Will that be it for the offer, or if it doesn't sell, do they continue to lower the bidding price and send out another email?

I've never known that to happen.  

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 10:00 PM, jules815 said:

Do they always manage to fill the top tier YC suites? 

No. I spoke to one of the butlers once who told me that only one of the Owner's Suites was booked. This made reserving my pergola easier since only 3 of 4 (RS/OS) were automatically reserved.

• Thanks 1