Carnival Celebration Delay

Tatertottie

2 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Carnival Celebration last to enter port.

Pilot boarding 3:10

Order: NCL, then MSC, then CCL

As of yet we've not received any additional info from CCL. Expected to have another update at 3pm. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatertotttie said:

As of yet we've not received any additional info from CCL. Expected to have another update at 3pm. 

I am listening to the live port audio. Pilot boarding NCL at 2:50, MSC at 3:00, and you at 3:10.  MSC sent a letter stating they don't expect boarding to begin until 5:00p.m. I think that is very optimistic. If you are at Bayside I'd just stick it out there until 5:30-6:00 at the earliest. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mac21902 said:

I'm onboard Celebration right now. It's a lot going on. Someone onboard needs medical attention and the coast guard is doing a special embarkation for them. They said we may not be off the ship until 12. The staff here has been great handling the changes and trying to make special accomodations 

The majority of my family is onboard with you. Please keep us updated, as they aren't able to check online info. Thank you. I hope you get in soon. The airport is going to be a mess

1 minute ago, mamabash said:

The majority of my family is onboard with you. Please keep us updated, as they aren't able to check online info. Thank you. I hope you get in soon. The airport is going to be a mess

The cruise director just announced the port is open and we will be disembarking shortly. We've been listening to the link provided above so we knew the announcement was coming soon. It feels like everyone is ready to get off the ship before this storm comes in.

• Like 2

I can't even imagine what it will be like with 3 ships disembarking at the same time. Mass confusion for sure. Everyone needs to have a lot of patience. For those on board, stay calm and remember how much fun the rest of the cruise was. Best of luck.

Laura

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laurab23 said:

I can't even imagine what it will be like with 3 ships disembarking at the same time. Mass confusion for sure. Everyone needs to have a lot of patience. For those on board, stay calm and remember how much fun the rest of the cruise was. Best of luck.

Laura

Technically multiple ships disembarking simultaneously happens every turnaround day, it's just everyone is 8-9 hours late arriving.

Ground and air transportation will have a hard time absorbing the effects of the delays. Commercial vehicle drivers can only legally drive so many hours in a day, so even those bringing in provisions or taking waste from the ship may have a bit of a juggling act to perform. There's also only so many airplanes, and pilots are also limited to how many hours they can work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mattcj89 said:

I think when most people are asking if they can make this or that time, they have the understanding of under normal circumstances. 

Of course anything could happen at any time to delay the ship from getting into port; we were about an hour late getting back into Miami on our last cruise on Horizon in April due to a medical evacuation on the the last sea day. Things happen and people get that, but to recommend not to fly back until the day after the cruise returns to the port for the most off chance something happens is ridiculous. 

Once the cruise returns to port, I’m ready to get off the ship and drive the two hour trip home (if sailing from Galveston) or get on a flight home as quickly as possible to get laundry completed, bags put away and prepared for the upcoming week. I’m willing to take that risk of flying out as soon as I think is reasonably possibly, knowing the risk I’m taking and willing to go with the flow if something delays the process. 

Priority debarkation does play a large role in my decision to take that risk, but on most every cruise I’ve been off between 7:30a-8a. I’ve never understood the logic of lingering on the ship until the last minute or even staying an extra day in port without any reason other than to make a flight in the off chance the ship’s late to port. 

An issue is travel insurance may not cover additional costs if your return flight is before the cruise line's recommended times.  

10 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

NCL just sent out a text indicating they hope to start embarkation around 7:00 and commence around 9:00 p.m. CCL is about 30 minutes behind NCL getting into the port. 

Sounds like there will be three sailaway's under the stars.🌠

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tidecat said:

Technically multiple ships disembarking simultaneously happens every turnaround day, it's just everyone is 8-9 hours late arriving.

Ground and air transportation will have a hard time absorbing the effects of the delays. Commercial vehicle drivers can only legally drive so many hours in a day, so even those bringing in provisions or taking waste from the ship may have a bit of a juggling act to perform. There's also only so many airplanes, and pilots are also limited to how many hours they can work.

Flights are going out as scheduled so cruisers will be a tough spot to get a flight out today.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Flights are going out as scheduled so cruisers will be a tough spot to get a flight out today.  

Carnival hasn't even tied up yet and it's 4:00. Anyone with a rescheduled flight better hope they choose after 6:00. 

Having been on a MSC ship that arrived in Miami at 11:00 a.m. (late due to medical); I can tell you that it was a total cluster and things took much longer than a normal debarkation.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TreyB said:

This is fantastic customer service. Wonder when the resident CCL haters on these boards will be on here blaming Carnival for the whole thing? 🤣

I have never cruised Carnival and I’ve been following the events of today and I am impressed with their response. 

• Like 4

I see lots of people watching from their balconies, which means housekeeping is going to have to service nearly all of the 2,687 rooms. It may be 9:00 or 9:30 before all of the rooms are ready.

I'm also curious how Carnival will handle e-muster given that stations B8, C8, E6, E7, and F7 are in or near restaurants.

20 minutes ago, tidecat said:

I see lots of people watching from their balconies, which means housekeeping is going to have to service nearly all of the 2,687 rooms. It may be 9:00 or 9:30 before all of the rooms are ready.

I'm also curious how Carnival will handle e-muster given that stations B8, C8, E6, E7, and F7 are in or near restaurants.

Dinner will be pushed back

6 hours ago, maintain242001 said:

Here is why I cringe when people ask can I make the 1130am flight out of miami the day we get off....sure you can 95% of the timez unfortunately and tragically this is the 5%.

I would say more like 99% of the time or more. This is an extremely extraordinary event. No one can plan for something like this. In over 20 cruises we’ve never had anything like this and the latest we’ve started debarkation is about 30 minutes.  Many folks will be impacted by this, even those that booked evening flights. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Laurab23 said:

Laura

These 3 ships were all scheduled to disembark earlier this morning.  

Latest text and email from Carnival. Passengers have been debarking for about 45 minutes. The terminal is a madhouse. The bad weather today didn't help because no one wants to go back to Bayside to wait it out in more rain. So I'm currently sitting on the floor in the terminal playing cards with my son. Taking it all in stride and looking forward to getting on board later tonight. 

D9131DA9-3EA2-461B-9601-563C57274A0C.png

7950D522-7A7A-4E97-AD47-653B76C25D5B.png

Edited by Tatertotttie
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1