Caribbean princess - no cruises available

cruiseray

I checked all caribbean princess cruises and they all say currently not available.  I read the other day it was having mechanical issues. Anyone know anything?  We are booked in dec 2023 and it says currently not available. 

1 minute ago, cruiseray said:

I checked all caribbean princess cruises and they all say currently not available.  I read the other day it was having mechanical issues. Anyone know anything?  We are booked in dec 2023 and it says currently not available. 

Wow , hope the ship is not going for repairs during that time ?

I just did some searching.  The rest of the Caribbean itineraries in July are "Currently Unavailable".  My guess is that the ships are full and they are working on placing guarantees.  Excursions are still available to see (book?).  

She will reposition to New England itineraries at the end of July.  Those voyages are still available for booking.  

Last night, she was under her own power at 17 knots heading for the Grand Cayman Islands.  Not sure if this would be considered "full power" or just lallygagging through the Caribbean Sea.

There have been reports of engine/propulsion problems (I did not verify).  She made it through over a year under the same conditions pre-pandemic/pre dry dock.

• Like 1

We got off a B2B on the CB yesterday. Early in the first leg she developed a "technical issue" which limited the speed to a little more than 17 knots. Remaining port calls for that and the next leg were modified for later arrivals and sometimes shorter stays. Looks like the issue is not corrected even now.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, startedwithamouse said:

If she has power and can trudge along, Caribbean Princess cruises won't be cancelled, because Princess would lose money. 

She'll probably just adjust itineraries along the way, if her top speeds are less than the original itineraries call for. 

Princess will do anything to avoid cancellations even if the passagers are not happy about it. Corporate profit , first.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thechamp555 said:

Princess will do anything to avoid cancellations even if the passagers are not happy about it. Corporate profit , first.

If I'm running a business, I'd do the same for my shareholders. Not to mention all the passengers who've already booked flights and accommodation.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

"Currently not available" is basically code for sold out (or working to accommodate bid-ups/guarantees). Nothing of such scale of importance is really implicitly announced like so through the booking portal on a Sunday.

or ... currently not available means Princess is not accepting new bookings at that exact moment ... until it is again

23 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

If I'm running a business, I'd do the same for my shareholders. Not to mention all the passengers who've already booked flights and accommodation.

Absolutely agree and our entire family (6 adults, 2 kids) are flying from Washington DC on Friday and boarding her on Saturday.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

you said it while I was thinking it!!