Live from Reflection June 29th BCN

MarkusToe

2 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

The crew is not allowed to remove  personal stuff, the pool guy told me

Which is contrary to their statement that at least used to be in the daily that unattended items would be removed after 30 minutes. I'd have that daily and show it to them. If there was still pushback, I'd find a stripe and take it up a level.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Which is contrary to their statement that at least used to be in the daily that unattended items would be removed after 30 minutes. I'd have that daily and show it to them. If there was still pushback, I'd find a stripe and take it up a level.

Hopefully, I will not have to use my stripes when on the same sailing soon...

With a group of 13 most like to be at the pool (not me though) but have no issues hanging out at the pool for 35 minutes before moving things... of course asking pool staff where I could place them, especially if they are not.

bon voyage

• Like 2

13 hours ago, D. B. said:

Thank you for that But what is a Recovery machine?

and it's upfront? But the engine is based midship?

Almost sounds like BS to give you and answer without giving you an answer?

The bow thrusters always cause a lot of vibration and that's to be expected.

It could be the Fresh Water Generator.  There are 5 types of recovery engines on board with most located near the forward and aft engine rooms.  It is possible that the reverse osmosis generator or FWG is located midship and turned on early to replenish the water used the previous day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SI Cruiser said:

It could be the Fresh Water Generator.  There are 5 types of recovery engines on board with most located near the forward and aft engine rooms.  It is possible that the reverse osmosis generator or FWG is located midship and turned on early to replenish the water used the previous day.

Thank you for That!

any mechanical system that can cause vibrations  felt through the ship is not going to last a long time?

I’m hoping they get it fixed before I sail on it.

• Like 2

We booked the BCN airport transport service, provided by X.

They promised: we pickup your lougagge and you will it get back out of the bus at BCN airport. 

Total fail. Luggage was rotating on the belt as very other luggage. We have to carry to the bus and  load into the bus by ourself.

Lesson learned: paid 30 bucks for a non existent Service.

Next time taxi or uber, cost would be less than half as we are a party of 6.....

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

They promised: we pickup your lougagge and you will it get back out of the bus at BCN airport. 

Total fail. Luggage was rotating on the belt as very other luggage. We have to carry to the bus and  load into the bus by ourself.

Next time taxi or uber, cost would be less than half as we are a party of 6.....

The line for taxis was very long. Probably 20 minutes at least. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

They where prepped, but not by order.

Just one or the other, you had the chance to ask for a specific...but not every time it works.... 

looks Amazing.

was it part self serve and part they serve..I see staff and red tinfs by the cheese and chacuterie meats!

what did you enjoy there?

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

we like to load and unload our own luggage..and be able to see if anyone has taken ours by mistake.  has happened more than once...

.in BCN best to order pvt tranp ahead  of time..not that far away!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

Don't you have to claim luggage and then pass through customs? I wouldn't have thought X could do this for you.

2 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

We have sailed on almost 50 cruises and always use Celebrity, Princess and RCCL cruiseline bus to airport transfers.  I have never experienced them doing what you were "promised".  We've always claimed our luggage at the port and then were directed to take our luggage to the nearest bus going to our airlines.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/1/2023 at 11:32 AM, C 2 C said:

I can't pick from any of those entrees... 6 starters to compensate.

If nothing on the Entree menu excite  me I often order a dinner size appetizer.   Also on M and S class ships I often mix and match from MDR Menu.

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2023 at 4:16 AM, Bo1953 said:

Hopefully, I will not have to use my stripes when on the same sailing soon...

With a group of 13 most like to be at the pool (not me though) but have no issues hanging out at the pool for 35 minutes before moving things... of course asking pool staff where I could place them, especially if they are not.

bon voyage

Maybe you should buy some rubber dog poop and vomit and leave them on the chair... LOL

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Maybe you should buy some rubber dog poop and vomit and leave them on the chair... LOL

ji - you always offer up some wonderful ideas!!!

Methinks that might get me dis-embarked at the next port after being quarantined with guards at my cabin door!!!

bon voyage

19 hours ago, Tipsy252 said:

Don't you have to claim luggage and then pass through customs? I wouldn't have thought X could do this for you.

I found it very unusual that the bags were not sorted into luggage tag numbers and there was no one to check passports 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 12:54 AM, D. B. said:

Thank you for that But what is a Recovery machine?

and it's upfront? But the engine is based midship?

Almost sounds like BS to give you and answer without giving you an answer?

The bow thrusters always cause a lot of vibration and that's to be expected.

We had same problem and were told it is because they are changing to a different eco fuel? Not sure what the real problem is but it is ship wide 

• Thanks 1

That's ive asked specificaly. The answer from head of tech was no.

Reason i've asked, vibration startet 2 hours befor docking in port...., regularly...exept first 2 days, here all time.

This is normally the moment, they have to switch  from Oil to marine diesel.

The last 2 days, we don't have a problem...

Edited by MarkusToe
  • Thanks 2