Live from Reflection June 29th BCN

MarkusToe

On 6/27/2023 at 8:45 AM, MarkusToe said:

Hi Folks

Start the Live from totay.

Luggage is packed, nearly. Boarding passes for C flight LH, FRA to BCN issued saved on phone and print.

CI at X completed.....

First time Aqua class, normally we do Concierge or Balkony...

Start will be this night about 3Am, heading to FRA airport. 

Following as we will be on Reflection BCN - BCN on Aug 24. Also first time Aqua class and looking forward to your opinion on Blu.

On 6/28/2023 at 9:17 AM, barneyboy said:

Sounds good. We are off on Silhouette to Scandinavia on Saturday. 

Look out for my friends Sue and Sue. They will probably be around the Sunset and Martini bars.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 10:01 PM, MarkusToe said:

Here is the blu menu from tomorrow, our waiter asked to decide today for that....

I'm sorry, to be honest. I don't know today  what to eat tomorrow.....

20230629_203208.jpg

A bit concerned that the ship is vibrating that badly, we are on the same floor in Aug. Starters all look to be salad based and not to our tastes. Entrees the same issue with sweet sauces. Looks like we may end up ordering from Main Dining menu each night.

• Thanks 1

Many of us fret over what is or is not on the menu to our liking and do forget that when we look at the next nights menu it can be modified to our taste.

The chef's, more often than not, are willing and happy to "do it your way"... I can assure you as I modify many meals when aboard X (and at home too... LOL, to much consternation)!!!

The menus in many dining venues are not inscribed in stone and as such can be altered and modified to some degree... so ask in advance for it to be and not night of, if possible...

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Many of us fret over what is or is not on the menu to our liking and do forget that when we look at the next nights menu it can be modified to our taste.

The chef's, more often than not, are willing and happy to "do it your way"... I can assure you as I modify many meals when aboard X (and at home too... LOL, to much consternation)!!!

The menus in many dining venues are not inscribed in stone and as such can be altered and modified to some degree... so ask in advance for it to be and not night of, if possible...

Thanks Bo, but we have had issues in the past with requesting 'no sauce' or 'no pepper' on entrees. I am sure we will find something that works for us, food is not the main reason for cruising. We are more about the itinerary and overall ambiance of the ship. 😃

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tipsy252 said:

Thanks Bo, but we have had issues in the past with requesting 'no sauce' or 'no pepper' on entrees. I am sure we will find something that works for us, food is not the main reason for cruising. We are more about the itinerary and overall ambiance of the ship. 😃

t2 - I Am sorry that there has been issues...

I did neglect to write that I have had a few issues from time to time with my meal order, usually after pointing it out the kitchen gets it right going forward...

I really did not mean to insinuate that on the first go round it is right...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Also that menu picture doesn't show the Clean Cuisine selections.

• Thanks 1

No vibration yesterday, very little today,  actually.

But speed yesterday was 7.7 and today is 9.7knt. I assume, if speey remain low and they do not need this engine no or low vibration.... 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Sorry, don't know and have no contact to them

I was wondering the same thing- it is usually in your daily news if you wouldn’t mind looking for the cruise director and activity manager?

• Like 1

Today X excurision to Florence....8h excursion,  3h driving,  half hour leather Show and sales, rest by your own.

Waste of bucks. You get that better and cheaper with get your guide...price difference 39€ compared to 115...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ponto vecio....Mekka for gold shoppers...but realy expensive...

Tour Guido told us: expensive, very expensive, Porto vecio pricing... 😀

But they have nice stuff...

20230703_122436.jpg

Edited by MarkusToe
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sandbug2 said:

Thank you!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting Pete Baker again. We last saw him on Solstice way back when he was activities manager and my daughter was one of his team.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2023 at 5:01 PM, MarkusToe said:

Here is the blu menu from tomorrow, our waiter asked to decide today for that....

I'm sorry, to be honest. I don't know today  what to eat tomorrow.....

20230629_203208.jpg

i woukd have selected heirloom tomato salad, crab bisque and rack.of lamb..Salads and soups on X are generally  quite good.

Was Blu crowded when u went?

I believe it us larger on Ref than other ships but more passengers have access????  Hope it works out for you!

On 7/2/2023 at 5:16 PM, MarkusToe said:

No vibration yesterday, very little today,  actually.

But speed yesterday was 7.7 and today is 9.7knt. I assume, if speey remain low and they do not need this engine no or low vibration.... 

please keep us posted on the Vibration issue..Have  engineer staff addressed it?

Its well known on the ship.   

They startet to speed up this morning, about 6:00 so much vibration,  the Evian bottles make noices....

May be they think, hey  its time to get up....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MarkusToe said:

Its well known on the ship.   

They startet to speed up this morning, about 6:00 so much vibration,  the Evian bottles make noices....

May be they think, hey  its time to get up....

... or maybe you were over served at the bar that it would not be noticed??? LOL

I trust you are enjoying the sailing despite this annoyance...

bon voyage

On the way to Rome (Cic..... can't remember it) speed 18.8knt.

Medium vibration....not as strong as first night but clearly bad....., we'll see how we will sleep.

Dinner at Blue.

Issue with the menue there: not mention fish or gluten in the menue. MDR has sign on every dish.

So its allone with the waiter...

Today our fish allergic got a soup having clams in. That was not mentioned as ingredient at the menue....

Edited by MarkusToe