Willdra's Heavenly Carnival Horizon Apr. 29-May 7 Cruise Review

willdra

At the conclusion of Love and Marriage they kicked everybody out to get ready for Quest. We tried to stay upstairs but they said everyone had to leave and go back down to Deck 4 to get in. Hesitantly, we vacated the theater. When the doors opened back up, everybody rushed in. Unfortunately, we got stuck behind a lady with a walker. Ma’am. Are you sure this activity is what you want to be doing? Also did you take your heart meds cuz watching Quest could throw you into arrhythmia. Caution. Pearls will be clutched. 

Even with the delay, we found decent seats upstairs. We were able to see well enough. AG and BG had never been before and I was really hoping they would like it. It started out fast and furious. The pace was set, and they never slowed down. Pedal to the metal. Cookie was there to assist but Alex was really running the show. When he stepped out in those stiletto ankle boots (which he flawlessly strolled in) I knew it was gonna be good(and a little bizarre).  It sure was. All I can say is, go unless you have heart problems and/or you are bothered by explicit behavior and men wearing high heels. Certified NSFW.  

These were taken before it began. Once it starts, everyone has to put their phones away. 

i-gdpgvjg-L.jpg

i-Lv6Pnbz-L.jpg

i-kQdGTMx-L.jpg

• Like 11

After Quest we came back to the cabin. I was a little hungry but I didn’t feel like going to stand in the pizza line. I checked to see if room service was a viable option, and it was. I could get a pizza brought to me for $6. Sign me up. I pressed order and my stated wait time was 20-30 minutes. No problem.

When the pizza arrived it was piping hot with the perfect amount of soft gooey cheese. It was heaven in a box. Mary’s baby made that pizza y’all. Mary did you know? 

Before I fell asleep I said a prayer thanking God for wheeled suitcases. Kudos to the innovative individual who decided that we shouldn’t have to wear our luggage, and vacation shouldn't hurt. My neck, back, and shoulders thank you for helping me avoid that hunchback life.

i-np8Q5vZ-L.jpg

i-tL3wqZx-L.jpg

i-nrXNcsp-L.jpg

i-qP6s3fd-L.jpg

• Like 15

34 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

Love all of your reviews Wildra! Thanks for taking us all along and entertaining us. We went to Aruba and Bonaire last fall and would LOVE to go back to both places.

Thank you for reading along!😍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, willdra said:

After we were evicted from the comfort of our seats on the bus, W and I walked around. I needed to get some gifts for my team so W and I popped in and out of a few of the gift shops close to the port. I was able to get almost something for everyone. One thing is for certain, if you like flamingos Bonaire is your jam. Every shop had flamingo themed things, and some of them looked like a pink nightmare.  A little of that goes a long way.

i-sBhGkBf-L.jpg

i-ZpLrfnd-L.jpg

i-vZNzFzW-L.jpg

i-pzCWCHT-L.jpg

i-kgM2qgN-L.jpg

i-9MBKwTx-L.jpg

i-pPSJSJL-L.jpg

i-b56pdwk-L.jpg

We loved Bonaire! We rented a golf cart and cruised the island.  Would definitely go back. Thanks for the memories. 

10 hours ago, willdra said:

Ma’am. Are you sure this activity is what you want to be doing? Also did you take your heart meds cuz watching Quest could throw you into arrhythmia. Caution. Pearls will be clutched. 

I absolutely love this. That should be a t-shirt: "QUEST -- Pearls will be clutched." Sums it up perfectly in one phrase. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Last time in Bonaire we rented a golf cart  went to the Donkey Sanctuary .They take care of 400 donkeys.Spent the day there hanging out with the donkeys and donated to the worthy cause of caring for them.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2023 at 5:37 AM, Essiesmom said:

I cry foul!  Not fair that they have roast Turkey and prime rib on the same menu!  EM

I know right! Hopefully the new menus will spread out the good stuff! 😜

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rockymaya said:

Last time in Bonaire we rented a golf cart  went to the Donkey Sanctuary .They take care of 400 donkeys.Spent the day there hanging out with the donkeys and donated to the worthy cause of caring for them.

Giving is a wonderful way to spend a day! ❤️❤️

On 6/30/2023 at 9:12 AM, teacher34 said:

So excited to see another one of your reviews! I love your style and your sense of humor ! Thanks so much for taking the time to do your review ! I need to laugh a lot today !

I hope this one delivers a few chuckles your way! 🤣🤣

On 6/30/2023 at 11:42 AM, MistyRo76 said:

Squeal GIFs | Tenor

👆 This is me before even reading a word of this review! I'm so excited!

I appreciate this level of enthusiasm! I need this to be W when I say I’m going shopping! 😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 6/28/2023 at 7:54 PM, willdra said:

We actually sat up there eating and resting until about 10. That’s also when GS evaporated, and W returned. He wanted to go back to the cabin before we debarked, so we did that. We left the cabin, got down to security, and he realized that he left his wallet in the safe. This is the same person who gets annoyed when I ask if he has his wallet, keys, and phone before we go anywhere. Bless his heart. We went back up, got his stuff, then back down to exit the ship. Insert huge, almost painful, eye roll.

@willdra.....OMG I live with a Mr. GS as well.....what is it with the male species....why can't they just say "I am not in a good mood" like us gals.  Nice to learn I am not alone!

Susan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2023 at 2:29 PM, ARcruisin2 said:

so is there a special story behind these buildings? 

Does the pyramid serve as a daytime light house?

The buildings were the slave quarters. It was very interesting to hear the history behind them. The obelisk also has historical significance. There was so much going on in that one place. It was hard for my little brain to keep up! 

https://infobonaire.com/bonaires-historic-obelisks-why-were-they-built/

• Like 5

So sorry for the delay cruise cousins. W and I are traveling to Cinci to visit AG, BG and the rest of the OH fam. I will be back online tomorrow to continue the review! 🙏🏾

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, willdra said:

So sorry for the delay cruise cousins. W and I are traveling to Cinci to visit AG, BG and the rest of the OH fam. I will be back online tomorrow to continue the review! 🙏🏾

Have a great time with the family

• Like 1

When I can't sleep at 3AM and you peruse over to CC and find a Wildra review, I'm like sleep who needs it? LOL! As always loving your review and I call my husband Snuffleupagus too. I read that and hollered. I knew we were sisters from another mister. 

Now I'm laying here mad because I've read all of the review to this point and I want more.  LOL! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, willdra said:

Have a fantastic time! Family time is preciouse!!

hugs from Texas

• Like 1

Wildra-While you are visiting the family in Ohio, I am posting my thanks for writing this review.

It is always a pleasure to read about yours and W’s adventures!

I totally agree with your last prayer giving thanks for luggage with wheels.

I said to my DH on our last vacation, what a great mind it was to think of putting wheels on luggage.

I remember those days, BW, before wheels. Schepping luggage was no joke!

Looking forward to reading more when you get back online.

Enjoy visiting and a happy 4th to you and W.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3