No more free lobster night at MDR?

fstuff1

13 hours ago, RichYak said:

We’re assuming Caribbean lobsters. To my knowledge, there have been no sightings of Maine lobster in any Celebrity MDR—included or upcharged. 

I had a Maine lobster a few years ago on Edge in the Fine Cut.  That's the only time I have seen it.  When we did Canada/NE on Summit a few years ago, they still served the crawfish on lobster night in the MDR.  That was very disappointing.  But we had great lobster for lunch in Halifax.  And in Portland.

14 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I had a Maine lobster a few years ago on Edge in the Fine Cut.  That's the only time I have seen it.  When we did Canada/NE on Summit a few years ago, they still served the crawfish on lobster night in the MDR.  That was very disappointing.  But we had great lobster for lunch in Halifax.  And in Portland.

I’ve had claw meat in Eden on Edge so real lobster is on some ships, just not in the MDR. 

Do you remember where you had lunch in Halifax?  I’ll be there for a port stop in August. 

7 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I’ve had claw meat in Eden on Edge so real lobster is on some ships, just not in the MDR. 

Do you remember where you had lunch in Halifax?  I’ll be there for a port stop in August. 

I don't remember the names but there are several places on the Harborwalk when you get off the ship.  

• Thanks 1

What do you expect from a cruiseline which has deteriorated so much that now the food onboard Carnival is superiour to the X MDR.

Celebrity does not give a rat’s a$$ about their steerage guests, creating a 2 or even 3 class system like in the early 20’th century, where the lower class experience has nothing to do anymore compared to 15 years ago, while raising their prices anyhow.

X is all pretend annd puts more emphasis on instagramming master personnel instead on focusing on the main responsibility: offering all guests an upscale and SAFE ( I have some stories about that also, but this forum is not suitable for these issues) cruise where all feel welcome and valued equally.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Despegue said:

What do you expect from a cruiseline which has deteriorated so much that now the food onboard Carnival is superiour to the X MDR.

Celebrity does not give a rat’s a$$ about their steerage guests, creating a 2 or even 3 class system like in the early 20’th century, where the lower class experience has nothing to do anymore compared to 15 years ago, while raising their prices anyhow.

X is all pretend annd puts more emphasis on instagramming master personnel instead on focusing on the main responsibility: offering all guests an upscale and SAFE ( I have some stories about that also, but this forum is not suitable for these issues) cruise where all feel welcome and valued equally.

OK.  It seems like you need to find another cruise line that is equal class for all.  Good luck with that.

18 hours ago, Despegue said:

I’ve sailed only inside and balcony on X and I always feel taken care of by the crew. I’ve sailed Disney and NCL before and the quality of X is way higher. My family has also booked (and can regularly afford) AquaClass and Suite Class but choose to sail in a regular class balcony most often because the experience is really fine.

I guess I just want to say to newbies viewing this thread, everything is fine. Celebrity is still a good quality product. You don’t need to sail in a suite to have a great time with good food and service. 

On 6/29/2023 at 7:09 PM, RichYak said:

We’re assuming Caribbean lobsters. To my knowledge, there have been no sightings of Maine lobster in any Celebrity MDR—included or upcharged. 

Your assumption may be wrong.

Many cruise lines are now using frozen crawfish  ("lobster") tails harvested from a trench off the northwest coast of New Zealand.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

There are some in Europe with almost equal class for all. 

Great news for you as you have found other options that fit your criteria outside of Celebrity.  Enjoy your cruises.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Great news for you as you have found other options that fit your criteria outside of Celebrity.  Enjoy your cruises.

I am always enjoying my cruises and I don´t decide which line I take by "equal class" or not.