Cabo Ideas?

Hey folks, I’m getting on a 7NT on Navigator at the end of next month and Cabo is the first port (tendered). I’ve never been and I booked the cruise a little last minute so the excursions that would be interesting are sold out and I don’t want to swim with dolphins (sue me). 

Anyone got any great ideas? Something I shouldn’t miss? 

Thanks!

The end of July will be very hot and humid.  There are a bunch of nice beach bars.  If that is not what you are looking for, there is Zip Line, ATV, camel rides.  You can grab a $10 water taxi to see the arch and the rock formations and they can drop you at a beach bar.  The Marina has a lot of shops, flee markets and good restuarants (Tiki Bar is our favorite for lunch). There are sail and snorkel local trips, but not sure the timing will work.  

On the beach you can rent jet skis, stand up waterboards, parasailing, and Hobie cat sailiing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

The end of July will be very hot and humid.  There are a bunch of nice beach bars.  If that is not what you are looking for, there is Zip Line, ATV, camel rides.  You can grab a $10 water taxi to see the arch and the rock formations and they can drop you at a beach bar.  The Marina has a lot of shops, flee markets and good restuarants (Tiki Bar is our favorite for lunch). There are sail and snorkel local trips, but not sure the timing will work.  

On the beach you can rent jet skis, stand up waterboards, parasailing, and Hobie cat sailiing

yeah I figured it would be humid but I’m coming from Charleston SC….so it might just be par for the course. I was thinking of just popping around restaurants and bars. Thanks for Tiki Hut recommendation! I had heard “The Office” is also good

apparently there is a guy with a boa constrictor or something about holding a giant snake hahaha. 

the water taxi idea is exactly what I’m looking for. The affordable way to do the thing you have to do. 

thanks so much! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Awjeez317 said:

yeah I figured it would be humid but I’m coming from Charleston SC….so it might just be par for the course. I was thinking of just popping around restaurants and bars. Thanks for Tiki Hut recommendation! I had heard “The Office” is also good

apparently there is a guy with a boa constrictor or something about holding a giant snake hahaha. 

the water taxi idea is exactly what I’m looking for. The affordable way to do the thing you have to do. 

thanks so much! 

It’s Tiki Bar. The office is on the beach. You can have water Taxi drop you off after your tour and pick you up to take you back to marina. Negotiate this first. You will get wet exiting taxi on beach. Just Fyi 

Try to be outside during sail-in to Cabo...Deck 4 port side is a good spot.

You'll see magnificent views of Los Arcos.

* Most passengers are inside waiting for tender tickets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, truffles2 said:

You could visit Cabo Wabo (Sammy Hagar) and have a lobster taco and Waborita.  yummmmm

How much did that set you back?

3 hours ago, truffles2 said:

You could visit Cabo Wabo (Sammy Hagar) and have a lobster taco and Waborita.  yummmmm

Or go up a block to Gordo Lele’s for authentic Mexican tacos at a cheap price.

For years we’ve been hitting Cabo Wabo but don’t find the drinks to be as enjoyable as they used to, although the shrimp tacos are really good and reasonably priced.  On our last trip we went over to the beach area south of the marina and tried a place called Corazon Beach Club.  More expensive but the cocktails were outstanding 

A9AB2C40-0CF3-453B-A3CA-7F40EA8E0276.jpeg

0256DB05-1A8D-4D1A-8B2B-354F3F7143D5.jpeg

14 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Try to be outside during sail-in to Cabo...Deck 4 port side is a good spot.

You'll see magnificent views of Los Arcos.

* Most passengers are inside waiting for tender tickets.

Great tip! Thanks so much! I love tips like this. Maybe I could make my way to the helipad for this one? 

22 hours ago, Awjeez317 said:

Hey folks, I’m getting on a 7NT on Navigator at the end of next month and Cabo is the first port (tendered). I’ve never been and I booked the cruise a little last minute so the excursions that would be interesting are sold out and I don’t want to swim with dolphins (sue me). 

Anyone got any great ideas? Something I shouldn’t miss? 

Thanks!

We enjoyed Whalewatchcabo.com. Excellent excursion that included pics and a trip to the lands end arch. Here’s my review. Review of Cabo begins on page 10 if you want to skip over all the drama  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

3 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

They are closed.  Javier had some health issues and moved to Mexico City

Well thanks for that info! I would have wasted that trip cause the authentic food thing is kinda what I am thinking I want to do the most. Got a favorite “must do” restaurant or something?

11 minutes ago, Awjeez317 said:

Great tip! Thanks so much! I love tips like this. Maybe I could make my way to the helipad for this one? 

YES!

* That is actually part of our daily walks.. around Deck 4, up the stairs, walk by the helipad, down the stairs, all the way around the aft, and back again.

1 hour ago, Awjeez317 said:

Well thanks for that info! I would have wasted that trip cause the authentic food thing is kinda what I am thinking I want to do the most. Got a favorite “must do” restaurant or something?

Our favorite for Taco's is Asi & Asado, (diners, drive-in's and Dives) but you will need to take a cab or uber.  Tiki Bar is more for seafood, Taco's are ok.  El Coral is supposed to be the oldest restaurant in Cabo and pretty authentic.  Most of our favorites are really for dinner.  Gardenia's is a local favorite for Taco's, but not our's.