2025 HAL Alaska Now Open

Hello All,

I've been looking for this for awhile and see it's now available. On one cruise website I found most (but not all) HAL itineraries for Alaska in 2025. Looks like 5 ships doing routes very similar or identical to 2024. Nothing loaded for Zaandam yet but it is in Vancouver in May, 2025. If you're looking to book early, now's your chance!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

This has been discussed. You may be able to see the cruises, but others have not be able to book the cruises yet.

On July 3, I booked the 2025 28 day Alaska on the Westerdam.  It is round trip Seattle, June 8 - July 6, 2025.  I booked with my PCC.  I have no idea why it is not on the HAL website yet.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

On July 3, I booked the 2025 28 day Alaska on the Westerdam.  It is round trip Seattle, June 8 - July 6, 2025.  I booked with my PCC.  I have no idea why it is not on the HAL website yet.

You may have a "Future Cruise Request".

It appears that the itineraries are only available to book thru personal cruise consultants now. Not yet available on the HAL website. If you want to book now, you have to use a PCC. If you can wait, the website should hopefully post itineraries and rates soon.

For those of you have booked, or been able to see itineraries, what have you seen? I found some info on a cruise booking site that I used to book a river cruise back in 2016, but I don’t know if they have access to all of the HAL cruises.

All I can find are 7 day cruises that are identical or practically identical to the cruise we just did two weeks ago, and then two 14 day cruises, one starting May 4th 2025 and the other September 15th 2025. (Both out of Vancouver, which does NOT seem to be a preferred launch port for people here on CC.)

We were hoping to find an itinerary that includes Juneau plus Sitka, and then some ports we haven’t visited yet, but no joy so far.

6 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Did your PCC contact you or did you find the cruise  posted somewhere?  We’re doing that 28 day Alaska in 2024.  It showed up on HAL’s website with Mariner early booking perks.

8 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Did your PCC contact you or did you find the cruise  posted somewhere?  We’re doing that 28 day Alaska in 2024.  It showed up on HAL’s website with Mariner early booking perks.

I saw it elsewhere and contacted my PCC.  I did receive early booking perks plus more.  It is open for all to book.

• Like 1

We just booked for 2025, it's on the big box store website... look for June 2025 dates and it's listed there. But we had to call in to get the full Have It All Plus promo package.

9 minutes ago, TGCRUISEO said:

I just booked July 25 by calling in.

Is this July cruise another 28 lap? I didn't see the cruises after June 2025 on the big box site yet.

It’s a 7 day Alaska inside passage

SAT 28JUN25 SUN 29JUN25
MON 30JUN25
MON 30JUN25 TUE 01JUL25 WED 02JUL25
THU 03JUL25 FRI 04JUL25
SAT 05JUL25
Itinerary
Sail from Vancouver, B.C., CA
Scenic Cruising The Inside Passage Cruising Only
Tracy Arm Inlet
Service Call
Shore Excursion Guests Only
Juneau, Alaska, US
Skagway, Alaska, US
Glacier Bay
Cruising Only
Route/Time Subject To Weather/Ice
Ketchikan, Alaska, US
Scenic Cruising The Inside Passage Cruising Only
Debark Ship Vancouver, B.C., CA
Arrival Departure

6 hours ago, Time For Dreaming said:

Oh my goodness, we have been waiting for 2025 Alaska bookings to open for the May 14-night Great Alaskan Explorer.

Will call HAL next week.   What is preferred port - or starboard to see land?

Thank you.

The side of the ship doesn't matter. Scenery is all around you.

13 hours ago, Time For Dreaming said:

Will call HAL next week.   What is preferred port - or starboard to see land?

Much of the trip it is true that either land on both sides or sea on both sides. The places where it might make a difference can depend on the forecast route and I can't see that for 2025. If the route is the same as 2023 & 2024, I would say Port, as the part returning around the Kenai peninsula to Glacier NP port will be toward land. 

Our route from Seattle in 2018, it would have been Starboard, as we hugged the shore on the way north instead.

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Much of the trip it is true that either land on both sides or sea on both sides. The places where it might make a difference can depend on the forecast route and I can't see that for 2025. If the route is the same as 2023 & 2024, I would say Port, as the part returning around the Kenai peninsula to Glacier NP port will be toward land. 

Our route from Seattle in 2018, it would have been Starboard, as we hugged the shore on the way north instead.

Thank you.  Trip will be R/T Vancouver.  Will book portside.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 3:29 AM, FlorenceItaly said:

I saw it elsewhere and contacted my PCC.  I did receive early booking perks plus more.  It is open for all to book.

You picked a great cruise. Congrats. 

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 2.17.45 PM.png

• Thanks 1

Tip for HOMER ALASKA, if you opt for the school bus shuttle into town -visit the sporting goods outfit NOMAR - one of the school bus stops.

We love their Nomar Mesh Bag , later ordered more for family members and continue to use ours every time we go shopping. 

https://nomaralaska.com/collections/mesh-bags

Edited by OlsSalt
  • Like 1

DUTCH HARBOR: Loved this little out of way stop and walked all the way out to the small town and the Russian Church, to find a very good Thai restaurant there too.

In town we kept seeing "Deadliest Catch" logo items, and we did not have a clue what that was all about. Only after getting home did we check out re-runs of  the Deadliest Catch TV series, and got totally hooked on the early shows and personalities.

We were sorry we did not know a thing about Deadliest Catch when we were in Dutch Harbor, so just hint to anyone else who also missed out on this popular connection with this seldom visited Alaska port.

1 minute ago, Vandelay Inc said:

Well folks, it seems that the website has finally caught up.

Bookings for 2025 seem to be available.

2025 AK Product Planner.pdf 7.98 MB · 1 download

I still do not see the 2025 28 day listed on the HAL site.  I booked it directly with HAL on July 3.  It is perplexing that it is still not listed on their website.