Are the Asia cruises they just released it?

I thought they were going to release Asia cruises the week of July 24th, but they released quite a few last week. All of them are cultural immersion cruises, which I am not interested in.  Are they going to release more or was this it?  Anyone know?

Just now, Lisichka said:

I thought they were going to release Asia cruises the week of July 24th, but they released quite a few last week. All of them are cultural immersion cruises, which I am not interested in.  Are they going to release more or was this it?  Anyone know?

Somewhere I asked the same question. I was very disappointed and was hoping for a Singapore -Shanghai or vice versa. We've done that itinerary before with RCI and loved the ports which certainly didn't include Japan which I'm not interested in at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Somewhere I asked the same question. I was very disappointed and was hoping for a Singapore -Shanghai or vice versa. We've done that itinerary before with RCI and loved the ports which certainly didn't include Japan which I'm not interested in at all. 

I was ok with the ports but after I booked it I received an email from Royal saying all entertainment/announcements will be in Mandarin and that 90% of the passengers will be Chinese.  I am not sure I would like that as much.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

I was ok with the ports but after I booked it I received an email from Royal saying all entertainment/announcements will be in Mandarin and that 90% of the passengers will be Chinese.  I am not sure I would like that as much.

I have to agree. The Asia cruise I mentioned above was not listed as an "immersion" one. We were definitely the small minority (as well as some Brits & Aussies) on the ship but everything was said in English first as was the entertainment.

4 hours ago, Lisichka said:

I'll be on an Asian cruise out of Singapore at the end of the month and they gave us the same disclaimer, but the announcements (as far as I know) will be in both English and Mandarin.

I've watched a few videos from the ship and you can hear announcements in the background in English. Signs are also in both English and Chinese characters.

I'm excited to experience  the cultural differences. It's the whole reason I'm taking this cruise. Traveling to Asian countries seem more intimidating to me because of the language barrier, and a cruise is a great way to do it while still having an English speaking home base. 

I certainly don't want to pay $30,000 and spend 20 hours on a plane to get a carbon copy of the same old Caribbean cruise I could get out of Florida. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I'll be on an Asian cruise out of Singapore at the end of the month and they gave us the same disclaimer, but the announcements (as far as I know) will be in both English and Mandarin.

I've watched a few videos from the ship and you can hear announcements in the background in English. Signs are also in both English and Chinese characters.

I'm excited to experience  the cultural differences. It's the whole reason I'm taking this cruise. Traveling to Asian countries seem more intimidating to me because of the language barrier, and a cruise is a great way to do it while still having an English speaking home base. 

I certainly don't want to pay $30,000 and spend 20 hours on a plane to get a carbon copy of the same old Caribbean cruise I could get out of Florida. 

The cruises from Singapore I wouldnt have an issue with.  I have had friends and family take that one, and there are lots of people from Australia, Europe and the US on board on that one. The one from Shanghai apparently is very different. When you travel solo it is a lot more difficult to find people to do things with when you dont speak the same language.  I just came off a cruise to Saudi Arabia and it was an immersive cruise too, but there were many people from all around the world, and many who spoke English (or Dutch, like I do).

Not sure why/how you spent $30K though....

Edited by Lisichka
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

The cruises from Singapore I wouldnt have an issue with.  I have had friends and family take that one, and there are lots of people from Australia, Europe and the US on board on that one. The one from Shanghai apparently is very different. When you travel solo it is a lot more difficult to find people to do things with when you dont speak the same language.  I just came off a cruise to Saudi Arabia and it was an immersive cruise too, but there were many people from all around the world, and many who spoke English (or Dutch, like I do).

Not sure why/how you spent $30K though....

That's my cost for the whole trip, we're spending several days in Singapore before the cruise, and a couple weeks in Japan afterwards. Airfare alone cost me $8,000.

16 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Apples to oranges. Singapore is not China. There is also no travel advisory going to Singapore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Apples to oranges. Singapore is not China. There is also no travel advisory going to Singapore.

Huh? Who said anything about a travel advisory. And how is Singapore and China apples to oranges? They go to the same Asian ports.

If by "travel advisory" you mean the notice about it being an immersive cruise and 90% Asian etc, I did get that same email for my Singapore cruise. Other than that I don't know what you're referring to, or why you think my cruise around Asia doesn't count as Asian. 

5 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Huh? Who said anything about a travel advisory. And how is Singapore and China apples to oranges? They go to the same Asian ports.

If by "travel advisory" you mean the notice about it being an immersive cruise and 90% Asian etc, I did get that same email for my Singapore cruise. Other than that I don't know what you're referring to, or why you think my cruise around Asia doesn't count as Asian. 

They don’t go to the same ports at all….

3 hours ago, sfaaa said:

I'm aware of it. My cruise will be spending 2 days in Hong Kong. 

I'm confused.  If you are traveling to Asia, why would you think the cruise would not have a huge amount Asian on it, and why would you think that it wouldn't be culturally enriched?  Any cruise in Asia will not be like the Caribbean or like Europe.  It is completely different.  (And quite fun)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joseph2018Baltic said:

I'm confused.  If you are traveling to Asia, why would you think the cruise would not have a huge amount Asian on it, and why would you think that it wouldn't be culturally enriched?  Any cruise in Asia will not be like the Caribbean or like Europe.  It is completely different.  (And quite fun)

Yes, and I do a lot of cruises across the world.  The difference here is that comedy shows, announcements, etc will only be in Mandarin.  As a solo cruiser I like to meet and communicate with others, and my Mandarin is a little rusty.  Royal tells me about 90% of the people on the cruise I had originally booked will only speak Mandarin.  Likewise they have replaced all staff for this particular cruise with Mandariin speaking staff.

My question really wasn’t if this will be a good or bad cruise but rather if more cruises will be released for next year.  That’s it. 

Edited by Lisichka

3 hours ago, Lisichka said:

Yes, and I do a lot of cruises across the world.  The difference here is that comedy shows, announcements, etc will only be in Mandarin.  As a solo cruiser I like to meet and communicate with others, and my Mandarin is a little rusty.  Royal tells me about 90% of the people on the cruise I had originally booked will only speak Mandarin.  Likewise they have replaced all staff for this particular cruise with Mandariin speaking staff.

My question really wasn’t if this will be a good or bad cruise but rather if more cruises will be released for next year.  That’s it. 

Even if more cruises released it will be Asian

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Even if more cruises released it will be Asian

That is what I want though…A cruise that goes to Japan.  Right now there is nothing for next fall except for the ones leaving from China that are all in Mandarin.

Edited by Lisichka
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lisichka said:

Ok, so it is true that the Anthem will start sailing from Singapore starting October 2023.  Itineraries will be released and bookable later this month.

The earliest Anthem would arrive in Asia is middle of Nov 2024.

2 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

The link says October.

Anthem has a sailing October 2 for 12 days, so the earliest she can leave Southampton is October 14. It takes at least three weeks (more likely 4+) to get to Asia.

30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Anthem has a sailing October 2 for 12 days, so the earliest she can leave Southampton is October 14. It takes at least three weeks (more likely 4+) to get to Asia.

Weird that royals own blog wouldnt know that......