RCCI CPAP Distilled water

Call reservations and let them know you are bringing a cpap.  When you get your guest confirmation it should say BRG CPAP under your name.  This gets you an extension cord and gallon of distilled water.  Please do this in advance, so the room attendant has a heads up.  Turn around day is already hectic enough.  Last cruise, my room attendant wasn’t informed in advance, even though I had requested in plenty of time.  He literally searched every deck to find me an extension cord.  

Edited by JsMom2

I have a CPAP, too, and have brought it on the last 7 or 8 cruises on RCCL and Celebrity.  I always request the cord and distilled water before hand.  I probably get it 50 - 70% of the time.  For the times that I don't, I just ask the cabin attendant on the day of embarkation, it has been there before bed time without a problem. It is super common and not an issue for the cruise lines.  Don't worry about it, and have a great cruise!

On my recent B5B on Ovation, they had gone to 2 liter jugs of distilled.  I hope this is the norm now for ships, as I saw a lot of waste on shorter (7 or less days), with the gallon jugs. Now my cruises started in Australia, so maybe that is what they supply.  Maybe some cpap’s use more water, but I barely made a dent in the gallon.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 2

I filled out the forms well in advance for my May B2B Explorer cruise out of Rome and Ravenna.  The info showed up on my cruise confirmation well before sailing.  Upon arrival to my cabin there was nothing in my room.  I had to ask my steward about it.  A gallon of distilled water and an extension cord were in my room after I got back from dinner.

On 7/11/2023 at 6:27 PM, JsMom2 said:

Call reservations and let them know you are bringing a cpap.  When you get your guest confirmation it should say BRG CPAP under your name.  This gets you an extension cord and gallon of distilled water.  Please do this in advance, so the room attendant has a heads up.  Turn around day is already hectic enough.  Last cruise, my room attendant wasn’t informed in advance, even though I had requested in plenty of time.  He literally searched every deck to find me an extension cord.  

5 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I filled out the forms well in advance for my May B2B Explorer cruise out of Rome and Ravenna.  The info showed up on my cruise confirmation well before sailing.  Upon arrival to my cabin there was nothing in my room.  I had to ask my steward about it.  A gallon of distilled water and an extension cord were in my room after I got back from dinner.

We gave up after a dozen cruises.  Your cabin attendant never seems to get the request.

RCI will stock distilled water based on demand from previous cruises.  Not because you requested it.

On 7/11/2023 at 6:49 PM, crzndeb said:

On my recent B5B on Ovation, they had gone to 2 liter jugs of distilled.  I hope this is the norm now for ships, as I saw a lot of waste on shorter (7 or less days), with the gallon jugs. Now my cruises started in Australia, so maybe that is what they supply.  Maybe some cpap’s use more water, but I barely made a dent in the gallon.

Great news I feel the same way about waste. The problem is the supplier.  At the end of the day, the remainder goes to the laundry for pressing.

• Like 1

I always fill out the special needs form requesting an extension cord and the distilled water.  About 50% of the time the request is fulfilled when we come aboard.  If it isn't just ask your cabin steward. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/12/2023 at 1:17 PM, MeHeartCruising said:

I've had that happen the last 4 or 5 cruises.  Not sure where the disconnect is, but for some reason the attendants aren't always getting informed.  I still let them know in advance.  The distilled water isn't difficult for them to get but the extension cords are scarce.

• Like 1