Crown & Anchor discount

Hello, I have been checking for next year cruises and it seems C&A number doesn't mean anything these days. In the past the prices would change when I put in my C&A number, senior....
Is C&A discount is a thing in the past ?

11 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

Hello, I have been checking for next year cruises and it seems C&A number doesn't mean anything these days. In the past the prices would change when I put in my C&A number, senior....

Often you cant get a discount when $650 is less than your discount. Do you know a TA with group rates. Group rates I get my full discount, that's why group rates are such a good deal for many of us. Wish I could share mine, hes good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

Depending on the discount that you are eligible for and the current pricing and promos you may or may not receive the discount.  C&A balcony discounts are generally not combinable with the instant savings offers.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you diamond or higher?  If yes, then you should receive discount on cabins with a balcony.   You also have to check off box for any senior discounts if on Royals website.

Yes, we're diamond for a while now. I checked the box for senior discount too but didn't see any different. I guess like Ken said that " Depending on the discount that you are eligible for and the current pricing and promos you may or may not receive the discount. C&A balcony discounts are generally not combinable with the instant savings offers'. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Moon Orchid said:

Yes, we're diamond for a while now. I checked the box for senior discount too but didn't see any different. I guess like Ken said that " Depending on the discount that you are eligible for and the current pricing and promos you may or may not receive the discount. C&A balcony discounts are generally not combinable with the instant savings offers'. 

Senior discounts were never offered across the board. They’re hit or miss on particular sailings, much like residency discounts. 

• Like 3

And if you check or mock book your discount may be already figured in since they associate your C&A # with your IP address.  They often tell you this: "You are getting the best price possible"  However, I always input my C&A# and senior/military rate just in case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moon Orchid said:

Are you entering the C&A # under "promos and other discounts.  Unlike years go when you sign in, you still need to enter the C&A #.  If its property entered, you will see the NRD balcony discount in the pricing breakdown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Are you entering the C&A # under "promos and other discounts.  Unlike years go when you sign in, you still need to enter the C&A #.  If its property entered, you will see the NRD balcony discount in the pricing breakdown.

Yes, I did that but didn't see any discount. I was checking the 13 nights Hawaii cruise on Quantum and some other sailing on Symphony for next year. With Royal extended sale it hard to figure it out when C&A discount will apply to the sailing 😊

Edited by Moon Orchid

1 hour ago, Moon Orchid said:

Yes, I did that but didn't see any discount. I was checking the 13 nights Hawaii cruise on Quantum and some other sailing on Symphony for next year. With Royal extended sale it hard to figure it out when C&A discount will apply to the sailing 😊

Sometimes there’s an IT bug. Let me tell you of a recent event. Got an e/mail from Royal advising that my October Oasis sail is on sale. 
So I go and do a mock pricing for a cabin for 3. Amazing as my CP balcony was higher than an ocean view balcony. Not only was it showing the balcony discount but also a $100 flash sale. 

Call up Royal and I tell the CS agent that I want to move to the ocean view balcony.   However, from his side he wasn’t getting the same numbers. 
He was higher by some $400. I kept telling him that I was looking at the screen and gave him the breakdown not only in total but by individual. 

He puts me on hold as he wants to discuss it with his team. Bottom line after about 15 minutes of telling me yo hold on, I get my price. For a difference of $53.35 not only did I get an ocean view balcony, but a large ocean view balcony.  

However, the story does not end there. 
Get an e-mail from them that I owe $100 otherwise Royal was cancelling. 

Call them and the agent says nothing is due as I had paid the entire amount that was due on July 10th.  However, the amount was due on an excursion in Nassau. Now I’m really confused. 

Anyway, found out that somehow the shareholder’s $100 OBC was removed. 😝
Don’t know and he did not know who removed it. 

Conclusion, everything is hopefully in order.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Sometimes there’s an IT bug. Let me tell you of a recent event. Got an e/mail from Royal advising that my October Oasis sail is on sale. 
So I go and do a mock pricing for a cabin for 3. Amazing as my CP balcony was higher than an ocean view balcony. Not only was it showing the balcony discount but also a $100 flash sale. 

Call up Royal and I tell the CS agent that I want to move to the ocean view balcony.   However, from his side he wasn’t getting the same numbers. 
He was higher by some $400. I kept telling him that I was looking at the screen and gave him the breakdown not only in total but by individual. 

He puts me on hold as he wants to discuss it with his team. Bottom line after about 15 minutes of telling me yo hold on, I get my price. For a difference of $53.35 not only did I get an ocean view balcony, but a large ocean view balcony.  

However, the story does not end there. 
Get an e-mail from them that I owe $100 otherwise Royal was cancelling. 

Call them and the agent says nothing is due as I had paid the entire amount that was due on July 10th.  However, the amount was due on an excursion in Nassau. Now I’m really confused. 

Anyway, found out that somehow the shareholder’s $100 OBC was removed. 😝
Don’t know and he did not know who removed it. 

Conclusion, everything is hopefully in order.  

I've had that happen. I saw a much lower amount some months ago that the going amount. Told my TA who saw only the higher numbers. He couldnt book at the price I saw. Eventually I just let it go. I have seen what you describe though. I wasnt booked just saw a too low price on a mock booking. 

1 hour ago, Moon Orchid said:

Read the terms of the sale and make sure it is combinable with the C&A discount.  If it is, call and have them price the cruise for you.  A cruise I booked recently kept adding an instant savings of $100 when my C&A discount is higher than that.  I just called and had C&A book it for me and I got the better discount applied.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Read the terms of the sale and make sure it is combinable with the C&A discount.  If it is, call and have them price the cruise for you.  A cruise I booked recently kept adding an instant savings of $100 when my C&A discount is higher than that.  I just called and had C&A book it for me and I got the better discount applied.

Thank you so much, learn something new everyday. Some people I know asked me after 16 cruise under your belt you must know a lots of things about cruise. I told them " Nope, I don't know everything, still learning from great cruisers on Cruise Critic "😊

Edited by Moon Orchid
  • Like 1