Black - Gold (Amber) - Red - Ties and Pocket Squares

D&N

I did think about keeping this to myself, however since the supplier was good enough to re-order an out of stock pattern of tie at my request, and also agreed to order bow ties and pocket squares in the same pattern, it's only fair that I make their availability known to others that might be interested.

It's a UK company called TIESPLANET.COM  https://www.tiesplanet.com/

I have spoken to the folk there a couple of times and had order delivered to a Scottish address before a wedding we attended in April. The products were of decent quality for the price. I only requested pre-tied bow ties, there are no self tie versions of this pattern.

I believe they've recently stopped delivery to Europe due to Royal Mail problems but deliver to USA, Australia and New Zealand as well as UK.

Here are links to the sample pics:

black-amber-red-striped-mens-bow-tie-p23black-amber-red-striped-mens-tie-p17011-black-amber-red-striped-pocket-square-ha

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't dream of wearing anything like that Bow Tie on a Formal Evening 

this is the problem since now it's referred to as Gala Evening, the dressing up box comes out .  

Gentlemen, you need to be careful wearing outlandish Bow Ties, you could end up being mistaken for the Bingo Caller.

Stick to a simple understated Black Tie.

Bell Boy (Self appointed fashion police 😂)  

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

We'll see how they look when I try them with tux and alongside my wife's red gown, which won't be before October as they're being delivered to friends to bring over with them.

When I looked up the MCC tie, which I hadn't seen before, I realised that I might also be mistaken for a patriotic German or Belgian as well! 😀

They are certainly a bit garish but I think they are closest to theme that I've come across, and the supplier does have lots of more understated products.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, D&N said:

We'll see how they look when I try them with tux and alongside my wife's red gown, which won't be before October as they're being delivered to friends to bring over with them.

When I looked up the MCC tie, which I hadn't seen before, I realised that I might also be mistaken for a patriotic German or Belgian as well! 😀

They are certainly a bit garish but I think they are closest to theme that I've come across, and the supplier does have lots of more understated products.

If you’d watched the Lord’s test, you might also have seen several MCC blazers. Now that is a thing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

If you’d watched the Lord’s test, you might also have seen several MCC blazers. Now that is a thing. 

Not a sport I follow. My mother hated it. She wasn't remotely interested in participating in sports or structured exercise. But the real issue was that when there was a test on, the BBC would replace all her beloved Radio 4 programs with cricket!

4 minutes ago, D&N said:

Not a sport I follow. My mother hated it. She wasn't remotely interested in participating in sports or structured exercise. But the real issue was that when there was a test on, the BBC would replace all her beloved Radio 4 programs with cricket!

You must be very young. When I was a child, it was the Third Programme that was replaced by cricket, then R3, then eventually R4, but only the long wave version. I too loathe the idea of participating or, indeed watching, any sport, except for listening to the cricket.

When I was young it was the Home Service and the Light Program. I think The Clitheroe Kid was Sunday afternoons. I was expected to keep quiet during Alistair Cooke's Letter From America.

Radio 4 was apparently launched in 1967. In more recent times she was bedridden and we would visit and she would be moaning about cricket and being expected to listen to programs on FM or DAB.

But her wanting to listen to radio wasn't a bad thing as we didn't really share the same opinions on anything so it saved us getting into arguments.

2 hours ago, D&N said:

When I was young it was the Home Service and the Light Program. I think The Clitheroe Kid was Sunday afternoons. I was expected to keep quiet during Alistair Cooke's Letter From America.

Radio 4 was apparently launched in 1967. In more recent times she was bedridden and we would visit and she would be moaning about cricket and being expected to listen to programs on FM or DAB.

But her wanting to listen to radio wasn't a bad thing as we didn't really share the same opinions on anything so it saved us getting into arguments.

I remember the Clitheroe Kid on a Sunday as a child 

• Like 1

But far, far, better on a Sunday afternoon was Beyond our Ken, later Round the Horne, which, amazingly, my parents allowed me to listen to. I certainly didn’t understand a lot of the jokes, fortunately. I can’t make up my mind whether they did. 

My favourite of this era was The Navy Lark, "Left hand down a bit". I'm trying to remember if these comedies followed, or were followed by, Two Way Family Favourites?

I saw Jimmy Clitheroe live in the early sixties. In Scarborough IIRC.

But back to the tie. I have been known to wear white tie on Black and White night, but other than that I too stick to simple black.

Last time I wore; black, blue, silver, and red & gold teddy bears.

Next time I might be trying to match my wife's outfit each night. We'll decide once we see them on.

7 hours ago, exlondoner said:

But far, far, better on a Sunday afternoon was Beyond our Ken, later Round the Horne, which, amazingly, my parents allowed me to listen to. I certainly didn’t understand a lot of the jokes, fortunately. I can’t make up my mind whether they did. 

I don't recall the former but my parents, dad was a Methodist minister, listened to Round the Horne each week. There was an occasional groan from them, I obviously didn't get the jokes or I'd probably remember some. They must have considered it amusing or wouldn't have listened.

On 7/10/2023 at 8:30 AM, D&N said:

Not to worry about being mistaken for a Belgian—that would be 🇧🇪😏r!

• Haha 1