International Cafe

caravellov1

9 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

Always wondered why those are seldom available. Is it because they would have to bake too many if we knew they were?! haha 🙂 

I first had the cinnamon sugar donut when we got the balcony breakfast delivered to our cabin. Then I would find it at the IC pretty much every other day or so, but not every day. Bummer!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Outerdog said:

2:00 am.

After the last bar closes.

Whatever panini they have. Pasta or macaroni salad.

Last call on the balcony back in the room.

Sleep.

Salads appear to no longer be IC items.

6 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

37 days and counting until I can try this yumminess 😋

I was wondering if anyone can let me know what time different types of items were around please?… when do they start breakfast stuff, the best time to get a cookie, that kind of thing

they start switching out to breakfast items around 3am in my experience, cookies you can get most anytime but if they run out of them in the morning they will have more baked by 11 or noon.

Oh & depending on the ship they either have a toaster oven or panini press to heat sandwiches etc for you...some ships they do that automatically, the last one I was on they didn't offer but if you knew to ask they would.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I was at the IC very early between 6-7 am. A cart loaded with fresh donuts would be rolled out. Some of the donuts would be delivered to the IC and the remainder would were on the way to the bridge. DW's favorite cookie, double chocolate, I am a sucker for the cinnamon and chocolate donuts.

Another favorite is the egg McMuffin without the meat.

• Thanks 1

I like the caprese sandwich, also the watermelon and feta salad.  They used to have a "croissant of the day", but last time I cruised, they didn't vary them that often.  I get Americanos and bring my own flavorings.

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

I tend to avoid the Dark Roast as it has less caffeine. I'm more of a Black coffee with an extra 2 shots of Espresso.

We're on the same page @Thrak.  I order the same thing!

On 7/12/2023 at 10:58 PM, kluv2cruz said:

(in a china cup, not paper- please!)

And I thought I was the only one who preferred a china cup. On my recent cruise I asked for a cappuccino in a real cup. Boy did I get a dirty look. 

When my order was ready. The server made a point to say "Your cappuccino sir, in a REAL cup." 

Edited by roadster08
  • Haha 1

They start removing breakfast items around 10 AM.  They remove lunch items around 8/9 PM and replace with cheese and fruit.

I see that no one has mentioned soups of the day.  The salads were good (beet/oranges, greens, others)

I have a great IC memory… from a few years ago. We did the there and back from/to west coast North America / Hawaii sailing. We were to leave Honolulu and Hawaii at midnight, then 5 sea days. Roommate had a migraine (ugh… poor thing) so she went back to the ship and I stayed walking around Waikiki as long as logical then took a bus back to the ship around 10:30/11pm. Easy onboard, now 11:20ish. I went straight to IC. In those days… and truthfully, I don’t usually stay up this late anymore so not positive it’s not still available, they had cheese and nuts and dried fruit and crackers. I asked for this and that and filled a side plate. Got a glass of wine and headed to the room. Quietly (as much as possible), snuck into the room and dropped my things and headed to the balcony. Sat outside crunching walnuts, savouring cheese, dried fruit etc and sipped my wine as we set sail and I emotionally said good bye to the sparkly lights of Honolulu & Waikiki. Have since sailed this many times (usually a one way sailing on X) and always sad to say goodbye to that last port. But, I always think of this IC deliciousness!

Edited by kluv2cruz
  • Like 5

Gotta admit, IC doesn't have a ton of items, but more than one thinks (just read this thread.)  I consider it a small, but pretty large reason why I enjoy the Princess line.  True, I haven't sailed on the few ships that don't have the IC.  

Here's hoping it doesn't go away soon.

• Like 1

We always loved the IC and often have breakfast there or head straight there after returning to the ship for a snack - it’s one of the many reasons we love Princess Cruises!

For years my partner’s go to sandwich has been the Cubana and we usually have one of the lovely salads. For breakfast I love almond croissant and Geoff really likes a Breton - though we haven’t seen those in the last few cruises.

We were on the Sky Princess a couple of weeks ago and the seem to have changed the selection available at the IC. There were no Cubanas, only salad available was a green salad (just salad leaves) with a choice of dressings, the whole sandwich selection was different - some ok and some not good. The deserts were disappointing and the almond croissants were left in the oven until they were hard. Flat whites were served in a latte glass and it was impossible to tell the difference between them and a latte - too much milk - I had to be very specific with them how we wanted it made.

Just hoping it was a blip and on our next cruise everything will be back to normal - 🤞

• Thanks 1