International Cafe

caravellov1

There are so many foods and drinks I want to try after reading all these posts! Thank you for the great suggestions.

What is the difference between a flat white and a latte? The amount of milk?

What is a Breton?

I really wish there were more tables available at the IC so I could just sit for a bit in the piazza area and enjoy all these delicious goodies. 😊

Traveling alone, I eat my bfast, lunch at IC, I avoid the buffet.  IC is a good fit, I can find a place to sit, many times others say, you can join us.  I like a glass of wine with my salad or sandwich at lunch so IC is easier for that, too. 

• Like 1

I just returned from a Med cruise with my two young adult sons. They got in the habit of stopping by my cabin every evening around 9:30-10pm so we could go down to the IC for our “second dessert”. They also really discovered espresso on this trip and enjoyed going down first thing in the morning for a shot. Such nice memories now.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Eleanor Rigby 14 said:

There are so many foods and drinks I want to try after reading all these posts! Thank you for the great suggestions.

What is the difference between a flat white and a latte? The amount of milk?

What is a Breton?

I really wish there were more tables available at the IC so I could just sit for a bit in the piazza area and enjoy all these delicious goodies. 😊

A Breton is a chocolate pastry that Princess used to offer (I don’t like chocolate but my partner does).

Yes, the difference between is the coffee to milk ratio - unfortunately on our last cruise they were exactly the same!

Sky Princess does seem to have a lack of indoor seating - we’ve sailed on her 4 times so far and have found this every time.

52 minutes ago, Frflatt said:

A Breton is a chocolate pastry that Princess used to offer (I don’t like chocolate but my partner does).

Yes, the difference between is the coffee to milk ratio - unfortunately on our last cruise they were exactly the same!

Sky Princess does seem to have a lack of indoor seating - we’ve sailed on her 4 times so far and have found this every time.

Thank you for your response, FrFlatt. (I see that you are from London, my favorite city to visit. The city with the best afternoon teas and the best theatre!)

• Thanks 1

I love the IC, and it is where I go every morning (while DW sleeps in) to enjoy my cappuccino and a some food.  As to food favorites, it varies with my mood but will often be the basic egg sandwich (made to order and hot) or the custard donut.   We have spent hundreds of days on various Princess ships, and I would estimate that 95% of my mornings started at the IC.  Eventually, DW joins me and, if it is a sea day, we may relax and people watch until well past 10am.  There are also times we enjoy the IC for a light lunch, an afternoon drink (I am a "banoffee" fan) and more people watching.

Hank

2 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

Yeast dough with caramelized sugar and cinnamon

The distinguishing feature of monkey bread is that it is baked like rolls--many pieces tightly next to each other with the sugar/cinnamon all over each, and you reach in (like a monkey?) and pull one roll out at a time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really would like to do a Japan sailing in the near future. But the missing IC on the Diamond discouraged me from booking so far. Been on the Diamond twice, and I missed IC also twice.

On 7/13/2023 at 10:32 AM, leck57 said:

Beef and Guinness pie. They only have them every 4-5 days but they are a great late morning snack or a lunch.

I’ll second that choice along with the Lentil Pies 🥧 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Ok- What is Monkey Bread please?

it's like a large gooey cinnamon roll with a shape kind of like a cross between a mound of spatzel and a pan of rolls that they cut off sections to serve.

16 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

I really would like to do a Japan sailing in the near future. But the missing IC on the Diamond discouraged me from booking so far. Been on the Diamond twice, and I missed IC also twice.

It was a major factor when I signed up for my PC Transit next year👍

6 hours ago, bladerunner6 said:

The best breakfast sandwiches I have ever had have been from the IC.

They used to make little egg burritos that were so good.  Now, they add diced ham.  Too bad as they were so good without it.  

• Like 1

Okay so now I would like to have a balcony breakfast with lots of things from the IC. How to go about transporting them up to my cabin though? We would have a couple of coffees and several food items. Are there trays in the buffet that I could take the night before? Or I guess get room service and hide the tray to take with us?

6 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

Are there trays in the buffet that I could take the night before? Or I guess get room service and hide the tray to take with us?

That's exactly what you should do. 👍

On 7/13/2023 at 2:32 AM, leck57 said:

Beef and Guinness pie. They only have them every 4-5 days but they are a great late morning snack or a lunch.

On the Grand they used to have them every other day. The days that they did not have them was the day they had Steak and Kidney pie. Both were good. I saw neither on the Ruby May 2023.

On 7/12/2023 at 10:52 PM, Over from NZ said:

Always wondered why those are seldom available. Is it because they would have to bake too many if we knew they were?! haha 🙂 

The food in the IC is mainly brought down from the Buffet 

On 7/13/2023 at 12:51 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

Peanut Butter cookies, but you have to ask for them.  Perfecto when they warm them up a little.  I do miss the cookies and milk cart in the Piazza at 4 PM.  

Yes, you usually have to ask for them!

• Like 1