Found A Lower EZAir fare

waltd

If I go ahead and change my airfare will it in any way change my booking?   Price of seats went down almost $400. per person.   Plenty of Premium seats available.  Don't want to touch it if I can secrew up my  cruise reservations. 

Won't change anything on the cruise portion of your reservation.  If you have already made full payment, you will have to call Princess or your TA to have the process the refund due back on your card. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I second that.  You can change EZ-Air bookings... dates, airports, airlines, class of seat... without affecting the cruise booking.

The other way around is another question altogether and requires intervention to preserve air if required.

• Thanks 1

Just make sure you are within the allotted time frame. Otherwise there will be an fee... If you are within the time frame for "free" changes then go for it. I've refared my airfare with EZAir and saved money in the past. Yesterday I booked airfare through EZAir for next April. I'll keep an eye on prices and, if I find a better price later on, I will jump on it. Saving money is a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just did this today.  

Checked EZ Air yesterday before making final payment.  Fare was UP...so paid in full.  Of course....today it dropped by $42.  

Called EZ Air this morning.  Agent wasn't the brightest.  Couldn't find my booking.  Kept coming up with someone else's.  After finally getting that straightened out, he couldn't find the price I had seen (actually had right in front of me).  Another few minutes and we were finally on the same page.  

He verified and doubled check to make sure we were talking about the same flight.  Cancelled current, booked new, and told me that my "refund" would show up as (refundable) OBC.

I have documentation of old fare, new fare.  Hopefully, this is correct information about OBC.  Change took place between 93 and 45 days.  So I am good without penalties.  It is showing up in my personalizer.  Showing up on airline's website.  

• Thanks 1

What an ordeal getting this done.    First I asked my travel agent about any changes to my booking and of course we had  bad connection but I did hear her say I might try going through EZAir to get it done.

Big Mistake.  Called, followed the prompt and did not get EZAir.  of course not.  Explained what I wanted to do.   Spent about 20 minutes waiting then the phone call got dropped.   Had to call back.   Got another customer service person. After about 30 minutes she came back and said she could not find the price I was looking at on line.  No one ever connected me to EZAir rep.

Hung up and went on line and booked the flight I wanted.   Now just waiting for it to , I assume, up date so I can go back in and get the original seats I had.   

I will NEVER complain about the customer service that use to be here in Santa Clarita.  

It is done and saved $744. dollars. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, waltd said:

What an ordeal getting this done.    First I asked my travel agent about any changes to my booking and of course we had  bad connection but I did hear her say I might try going through EZAir to get it done.

Big Mistake.  Called, followed the prompt and did not get EZAir.  of course not.  Explained what I wanted to do.   Spent about 20 minutes waiting then the phone call got dropped.   Had to call back.   Got another customer service person. After about 30 minutes she came back and said she could not find the price I was looking at on line.  No one ever connected me to EZAir rep.

Hung up and went on line and booked the flight I wanted.   Now just waiting for it to , I assume, up date so I can go back in and get the original seats I had.   

I will NEVER complain about the customer service that use to be here in Santa Clarita.  

Always better to make the EZ Air changes yourself through the Personalizer pre-cruise.

Glad you were able to save.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations @waltd! You can also go directly to the airline with the booking # and book your seats provided it's UAL, AA, Delta, and maybe a few others. But if you want to do it online it takes just a matter of seconds for those seats to become available. Wait too long (in my case it was 5 minutes once, went from 18C to 19C) and someone else gets them 

I check and modify prices up to the final 46 days, then I request that it be ticketed. Do everything online 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I just did this today.  

Checked EZ Air yesterday before making final payment.  Fare was UP...so paid in full.  Of course....today it dropped by $42.  

Called EZ Air this morning.  Agent wasn't the brightest.  Couldn't find my booking.  Kept coming up with someone else's.  After finally getting that straightened out, he couldn't find the price I had seen (actually had right in front of me).  Another few minutes and we were finally on the same page.  

He verified and doubled check to make sure we were talking about the same flight.  Cancelled current, booked new, and told me that my "refund" would show up as (refundable) OBC.

I have documentation of old fare, new fare.  Hopefully, this is correct information about OBC.  Change took place between 93 and 45 days.  So I am good without penalties.  It is showing up in my personalizer.  Showing up on airline's website.  

Did you know you could have saved a lot of time and just re-booked the flight(s) yourself?  I have also read in this situation that folks eventually got a CC refund.

• Like 2

@cr8tiv1 i always get the difference refunded to the method of payment -- FCC, PayPal, or Visa. And I do it all the time. (Just did Sydney & Narita return yesterday $2212.44 UGH, and Rome today 641.12 but NS from FLL -> SF instead of Miami. Not a fan of Miami) Waiting on a $22 refund / don't like PCL holding my $$s  / usually takes 2-3 business days if PayPal. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, waltd said:

Now just waiting for it to , I assume, up date so I can go back in and get the original seats I had. 

When I was re-booking air last year, I would find on the replacement booking that the seat selection still had us blocked in and I would select other seats because the original res is not dropped until you get to the final EZ-Air confirmation screen.  Once that was complete, I could go back in and move seats immediately back to where they were.  I do seem to recall with one airline I did a re-book and then immediately a second re-book in order to scoop back the original seats.  Not sure why, but I really had no delays and always got the same seats back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Did you know you could have saved a lot of time and just re-booked the flight(s) yourself?  I have also read in this situation that folks eventually got a CC refund.

I agree with you....except with my recent EZ Air disaster AND with final payment made, I wasn't going to take any chances with messing up the change.  I have done it in the past...on my own.  I'm very satisfied with how this deal went down.  I don't care if it is a refund or OBC.  I do still have faith in EZ Air.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have only done this once.  It was about 68 days before traveling and therefore after final payment.  No problem doing it online.  Big problem was getting my refund.  I called 2x and each time told they could see it on my account and I would get it refunded to cc with about 10 business days.  Didn't happen.  Started a thread here to hear about other people's experiences.  Not too many responses but a few said they got it within a day or two.  Ultimately I went over to F and posted in two Princess forums.  Luckily for me my TA saw my post (she had previously told me it takes a long time.  Also she doesn't handle air) and told me she would check further after the week end.  Took her a couple of days of emailing or talking with her contacts.  They wanted to discount my refund because she discounted my cruise fare.  Ah, no.  my air was never discounted.  Ultimately she said it appears as if I am all set.  This was Tuesday.  Said it will probably take 10 business days.  I hope so because it is $624.  

My TA is a top Princess TA.  As much as we have problems with customer service so does she.  She said most cruise lines are bad now to varying degrees except for NCL.  However, she said she doesn't like NCL (didn't ask why).  We shouldn't have to go through this mess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, that was a wasted 2.5 hours.  One Hour waiting for chat to open.  One hour chatting before being disconnected.  Then another half hour to have an agent send me a link for a refund. 

First chat said that they could not give me information because I was working with a TA.  I was just asking for policy:  Charge card credit or OBC.

Hope this saves another poster some time:

https://salessupport.princess.com/onboard_folio_refund

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Well, that was a wasted 2.5 hours.  One Hour waiting for chat to open.  One hour chatting before being disconnected.  Then another half hour to have an agent send me a link for a refund. 

First chat said that they could not give me information because I was working with a TA.  I was just asking for policy:  Charge card credit or OBC.

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

This seems to be the OB refund request for after your cruise.  This is what they gave you to request a refund for your EZ Air fare difference?

Maybe it will get to the refund department anyway.  Let us know if it works.

14 hours ago, waltd said:

Why did you TA tell you to call.  That is their job.....

51 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Why did you TA tell you to call.  That is their job.....

Some TA’s do not book EZAir.  Mine doesn’t.  They don’t get commission on the air.  However, some will help their clients who have issues with the air. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Some TA’s do not book EZAir.  Mine doesn’t.  They don’t get commission on the air.  However, some will help their clients who have issues with the air. 

Guess I have a good TA then.  I tell her what I want, she finds it ( or close to it) and books it.  I pay and she handles everything from that point on.  For ex, we had flight problems with a VIking ocean cruise- flights had changed.  She called and got everything all fixed that same day.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I check our EZ Air flights every day for every cruise we have booked.  I've re-fared many times over the years by simply using the Personalizer.  It's one of the best things about using EZ Air in my opinion. 

We are just using EZ air for the first time taking a flight from Tampa to Miami on the day of the cruise. I don't understand how you can get re-fared--don't you have to cancel your booking to do that? We booked the flight that we did because it is non-stop. Would love to be able to upgrade to premium or even first class but EZ air didn't have premium seats and first class was outrageously expensive for a 90 minute flight.

13 minutes ago, CHK said:

I don't understand how you can get re-fared--don't you have to cancel your booking to do that? 

It's easy -- first you click 'manage flights' and then you click 'change flights'.  See what is available and if a better flight is available or the price has dropped on your existing flight, then you make the changes.  

Manage flights.png

Change flights.png

My TA, who normally does not deal with EZ Air, spent hours working on another EZ Air problem.  I don’t want to saddle her with another problem.  I have time to work on this.  Won’t submit form for a few weeks.  Will update once I have exhausted all avenues.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

It's easy -- first you click 'manage flights' and then you click 'change flights'.  See what is available and if a better flight is available or the price has dropped on your existing flight, then you make the changes.  

Manage flights.png

Change flights.png

Thank you!

• Like 1