Stockholder's OBC Situation

I recently applied for stockholder's OBC for two consecutive cruises, B2B on the same ship.  One was 6 days and one was 7 days.  I was given a total of $100 OBC, $50 for each cruise.  I was expecting $50 for the 6 days and $100 for the 7 days.  The Guest Admin department said they looked at this B2B journey as one 13 day cruise and gave me $100 since that's what 7-13 day cruises receive.  Has anyone else experienced this?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

Do you have 2 booking number? If yes then it should be counted as two cruises

if your b2b has one booking number then it is considered only one cruise 

Two booking numbers, two separate cruises.  They adamantly insisted that this counts as a 13 day cruise.

• Like 1

It seems they are strictly enforcing Shareholder OBC more now than in the past. If they give $ 250 for two 7 Day B2B, even with different booking numbers, giving only $ 100 for a 6 & 7 day B2B would seem to be consistent with their chart.

50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 1

Maybe the trick here would be to apply for the credit separately a few weeks apart. Water under the bridge for your current situation but maybe it would work to get the full 150 you would normally get.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Maybe the trick here would be to apply for the credit separately a few weeks apart. Water under the bridge for your current situation but maybe it would work to get the full 150 you would normally get.

I even asked them what would have happened if I had done that, and they said when the second one came through and they saw it was a B2B, they would have denied the second one.

20 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I even asked them what would have happened if I had done that, and they said when the second one came through and they saw it was a B2B, they would have denied the second one.

Did they put the 100 credit on one booking like mine or split it up?

This must be a very recent change, I applied for OBC in April for back to back cruises and they were treated as two individual cruises as expected.  

I have to wonder if this is the result of a misunderstanding by someone in the office.  I'd consider complaining to John Heald.

• Like 1

Using Carnivals logic then it means if you did a b2b with each being 7 days you’d actually come out ahead since a cruise of 14 days or more gets you $250 in cabin credit but two separate 7 day cruises would be $100 each for a total of $200. 
So anyone reading this with a b2b of 14 days or more total should be demanding $250 if they’re applying for shareholder credit!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, amcankid said:

Using Carnivals logic then it means if you did a b2b with each being 7 days you’d actually come out ahead since a cruise of 14 days or more gets you $250 in cabin credit but two separate 7 day cruises would be $100 each for a total of $200. 
So anyone reading this with a b2b of 14 days or more total should be demanding $250 if they’re applying for shareholder credit!!!

They do consider two seven day b2bs equivalent to a 14 day cruise. Shareholder OBC is $100 for the first week and $150 for the second week.

• Like 1

For someone who takes a long B2B like a 16 day Panama canal cruise along with a 14 day Alaska cruise this could mean only one 250 dollar credit instead of two separately under Carnival's idea of it being one long cruise. Unfortunately Carnival's shareholder benefit brochure provides no clarity on how back to back cruises will be handled. This can lead to the usual Carnival way of three different employees giving you three different answers.

• Like 1

That's so true.  In my case the difference is only $50, so I'm just going to forget about it and move on.  In your case, the difference would be $250.  I wish they would get their act together.  If I ever book a similar combination of cruises that add up to 12 or 13 (with one of the cruises being 7 day) I will submit one and wait awhile to submit the other.  That might work.

1 minute ago, nwcruiselover said:

That's so true.  In my case the difference is only $50, so I'm just going to forget about it and move on.  In your case, the difference would be $250.  I wish they would get their act together.  If I ever book a similar combination of cruises that add up to 12 or 13 (with one of the cruises being 7 day) I will submit one and wait awhile to submit the other.  That might work.

That was only hypothetical 🤣 as that would be beyond my pay grade. I am doing a 14 day Alaska next year and some of the people in the social media roll call are actually doing the 16 day Panama canal Spirit cruise and the 14 day Alaska. But there are a few combos that could cause this problem. Fifty dollars isn't the end of the world, you are correct but 250 would bug me a lot! 

1 hour ago, JTBCruiser said:

It's been awhile since I requested OBC, do you send an e-mail directly to Carnival requesting it or is there a form to fill out as well?  Thx in advance.

I email my request to shareholders@carnival.com. The Carnival brochure I have attached tells all you need to add to email. It is best to block out your account numbers. 

ShareholderBenefit2023-2024.pdf

Received OBC for stocks today. 13 days since submission. There were 18. Several  b2bs equaling 14 days. The stacked amounts were added. $250 total for 14 days. All done correctly and reasonable wait time. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 4:20 PM, nwcruiselover said:

I recently applied for stockholder's OBC for two consecutive cruises, B2B on the same ship.  One was 6 days and one was 7 days.  I was given a total of $100 OBC, $50 for each cruise.  I was expecting $50 for the 6 days and $100 for the 7 days.  The Guest Admin department said they looked at this B2B journey as one 13 day cruise and gave me $100 since that's what 7-13 day cruises receive.  Has anyone else experienced this?  

Yup, that’s exactly what we experienced on our B2B. We did two 7 day cruises so we got the $250  Unfortunately you screwed yourself by doing a 6 day and a 7 day. You would have made out better doing two 7 days. 

On 7/14/2023 at 2:18 PM, JT1962 said:

It seems they are strictly enforcing Shareholder OBC more now than in the past. If they give $ 250 for two 7 Day B2B, even with different booking numbers, giving only $ 100 for a 6 & 7 day B2B would seem to be consistent with their chart.

Yes, I've always wondered if they were consistent in there OBC regarding B2B's.  I once booked two 7-day cruises B2B and they gave me a $250 OBC as if it were a 14-day cruise.  So I had wondered how they would treat a B2B of less than 14 days.  Now I know.

Most recent approval - Approved/applied same day I submitted it (about a week ago) for B2B coming up in Sept on Venezia:

2 booking numbers - 1st leg is 7 day, 2nd leg is 6 day

Rec'd $50 for 1st leg (the longer 7 day)

Rec'd $100 for 2nd leg (the shorter 6 day)

Rec'd $150 total