The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 15th, 2023

We have 4 maybe 5 fires in the area. We’re safe but there are evacuation orders and warnings for a couple of them. Air quality was up to 204 “unhealthy.” I’ve never seen it in the purple range. 😱 I attended a funeral earlier today but now staying indoors. Plus it’s very hot. 🥵 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

I can't believe how crazy the weather has been lately. "Rainy Seattle" is not living up to its name. Last July, August, and September recorded a total of .48" of rain. This year, May had just under an inch, June had 1.22 but nothing since June 20. And it's been way too hot for this wimp. I just spoke with my son who is near Atlanta. We had the same temp. but at least our humidity was only 38%. And according to one weather forecast I saw, we won't have a day under 80 degrees until September. Hopefully when I'm in Michigan next month, we might see some rain.  Take care everyone!

• Like 12

Yesterday the weather person said we would have rain in the morning and we got it at night.  Today they said we would get it this afternoon, and while we had wind, no rain.

I left a little early to meet my friend for dinner so that I could get some errands done, and since I told her about the great cookie i found at Dollar Tree in vanilla, she told me there was a chocolate and strawberry too,  I stopped at the store, bought her all three flavors, and bought myself 3 packs too.

I don't think my friend shops at dollar tree.

Then I went to Michaels to buy some stones to make a couple of necklaces.  I wanted to find a rug pattern to rug hook, so after I put half of what was in my buggy back, I asked a girl about the rugs..  We don't carry craft sets anymore she says.  But we do have paint by number. I simply told her that paint by number was not a good option for me, and mumbled as I walked away, I don't even color in the lines.

At check out, I was next in line, and a young lady asked me if I was paying with cash or credit card.  I said it depends how much it ends up being...oh credit card, so i was walked to a machine and told to do it myself.  I wanted to tell her that she would be unemployed within the next six months.  I didn't.  What ever happened to customer SERVICE?

I thought, well I still have time to kill, and Macys was close by, and I kept seeing the locking travel purses on line, so I went to Macy's.  They don't carry them in the store.  Turns out my store has become a designer brand name only LAST CHANCE store.

I still had time to kill, so I went to a consignment store near the restaurant.  Browsed there, found a table lamp I liked, didn't buy it, and went to the restaurant and sat down in the front.  I told the girl that I was waiting for a friend.  And then realized that they had no air conditioning.  It was broken.  We had dinner outside on their three table patio.  There was a breeze, and a fan. And dinner was good.  I did spill fish sauce all over my foot and sandal.  

I talked to DH earlier today.  The person who had been spending days with Momma is leaving next week.  Momma wont go into a nursing home!!! Will concede to a senior living place, but there are wait lists.  Told them to call the hospitals to see if there are nurses for hire, maybe retired, maybe someone who wants to be a live in for a few months?? Until she can be placed?

Have not heard back, and of course Saturday is probably not the day to do that sort of thing.

I am thinking that DH may not be back this Thursday.  Well off to TV land.

Have a great evening!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

I should have been a little clearer on our weather. It does cool off when the sun goes down and generally need a sweater. And of course, as soon as I made the report, the weather prediction changed and it will cool off below 80 degrees as a high soon-thank goodness.

• Like 12