ETIAS

HMSDingy

On 9/24/2023 at 5:09 PM, Crown Vic said:

Phabric, no prob!

An EU official has confirmed for SchengenVisaInfo.com that the go-live date for ETIAS has now been delayed to May 2025.

What does that mean for our European cruise next year? Will our Canadian passports be accepted like in the past?

1 hour ago, HMSDingy said:

Good to hear, the less hassles we have to travel, the better it is.

I don’t think ETIAS will be a hassle. It should be a very simple process. I think it will speed up processing on arrival. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HMSDingy said:

True but it looks like it won't happen until at least 2025.

I think the latest date they have publicized is May 2024 which, if that date stays, means I will need one for my trip in June. (But who knows; their dates seem to be more flexible than the opening date for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT here in Toronto.)

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

I think the latest date they have publicized is May 2024 which, if that date stays, means I will need one for my trip in June. (But who knows; their dates seem to be more flexible than the opening date for the Eglinton Crosstown LRT here in Toronto.)

May 2025 maybe

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/no-etias-wont-become-operational-in-2024-eu-sources-say/#:~:text=Currently%2C the ETIAS go-live,May 2025 at the earliest.&text=The EU Commission's Directorate-General,ETIAS is not yet known.

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

3 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I don’t think ETIAS will be a hassle. It should be a very simple process. I think it will speed up processing on arrival. 

I arrived in Paris 3 days ago.  Was through immigration in less than 1 minute.  Not sure how the new system can speed that up

23 minutes ago, Yowman said:

I arrived in Paris 3 days ago.  Was through immigration in less than 1 minute.  Not sure how the new system can speed that up

I don't think it's really intended to speed things up; more to screen out unwelcome individuals prior to traveling to Schengen countries.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I guess I missed that.

That's what I menant when I said 2025. We've never had problems getting into Europe especially France or Spain as DW is fluent in both languages and I in French & get by with Spanish..