Pack for a New England Cruise

This will be our first cruise to a cool weather location in the Fall for 10 days. We like to pack light and wear clothing more than once. Im writing a list of essentials besides the usual packed clothing. *Light jackets that are moisture resistant. *Pants, tops, *sweaters to wear over tops and a few dresses, shoes, *boots that are water resistant with slip soles, What are other essentials that we shouldnt forget and have come in handy?

• Like 1

The weather can really vary at at the end of September. Living in NE all my life, there are warm days and more moderate temps. I see you live in MN so maybe you have the same type weather. I have taken many Canada/NE cruises at different months. I never packed heavy clothing or waterproof boots. I wear sneakers. Are you planning to be outdoors a lot? I usually consider the weather in my area and plan on it being slightly cooler.

The best advice going anywhere is look at the extended forecast and you can get a good idea of what to expect and pack accordingly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Minn.cruisers said:

it is

People can set their reading experience to not include others' signatures. Also "10 day Canada/New England" doesn't answer the question about WHERE in Canada. I grew up in the Adirondacks and my idea of Minnesota is that you have about the same weather? 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 5:36 AM, awhfy said:

Your signature isn’t part of the post

True.  Since several people have asked, perhaps the signature is not part of the post, eh?  Why so argumentative, Minnesota?

Edited by jsn55
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, awhfy said:

Not that I could see in your post 

Me either. It doesn't show when I use my phone. I have to expand that signature if I want to see anything extra.

• Like 1

Does anyone want to assist in information ideas for packing for a FALL NEW ENGLAND cruise? All ships visit the New England provinces in similar itineraries. Fall can vary from year to year so I am expecting a variety of weather extremes as far as clothing is concerned. 

On 7/19/2023 at 8:55 PM, WELDON said:

The weather can really vary at at the end of September. Living in NE all my life, there are warm days and more moderate temps. I see you live in MN so maybe you have the same type weather. I have taken many Canada/NE cruises at different months. I never packed heavy clothing or waterproof boots. I wear sneakers. Are you planning to be outdoors a lot? I usually consider the weather in my area and plan on it being slightly cooler.

The best advice going anywhere is look at the extended forecast and you can get a good idea of what to expect and pack accordingly.

yes, Im sure I could repack a few things if I checked weather before leaving, but its a 10 day cruise so weather could vary even during that time Im already on the ship. Im still packing waterproof boots to hike in and if it ends up  being rainy days out our feet will be dry while off the ship.We pack layers too.We plan to be outdoors all day at all ports.Besides clothing though, I asked about other essentials I  probably havent thought of.yet. We usually go on Caribbean cruises and this is quite different

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Me either. It doesn't show when I use my phone. I have to expand that signature if I want to see anything extra.

I see everyones signatures if they have them set on public. Mine is public. If anyone cant see it then THEY have signatures turned off on their option setting.

If you are packing for rainy weather, then you might want to think about a waterproof day pack.  Also, if you have a thin hooded rain shell, a ball cap is useful for keeping the hood out of your eyes.  

Binoculars might be useful if you are going hiking near Sagueney or Mt Desert.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Minn.cruisers said:

I see everyones signatures if they have them set on public. Mine is public. If anyone cant see it then THEY have signatures turned off on their option setting.

I have been on CC for 13 years, reading daily, and I have no idea what "signature" means; not something that has ever come up in my experience.

Surely it would have been easy enough, early on, to type "sailing from Boston to Saint John, Halifax, Quebec.....".  All possible ports have the potential for different weather and needs.

I'm done.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I have been on CC for 13 years, reading daily, and I have no idea what "signature" means; not something that has ever come up in my experience.

Surely it would have been easy enough, early on, to type "sailing from Boston to Saint John, Halifax, Quebec.....".  All possible ports have the potential for different weather and needs.

I'm done.

I didnt have to tell anyone where i was going in the Fall for a New England anyway, really. I asked about other essentials for a FALL cruise Period.

50 minutes ago, dd57 said:

If you are packing for rainy weather, then you might want to think about a waterproof day pack.  Also, if you have a thin hooded rain shell, a ball cap is useful for keeping the hood out of your eyes.  

Binoculars might be useful if you are going hiking near Sagueney or Mt Desert.

Thanks binoculars is something I didnt think of.I hope it doesnt rain but Ill be prepared. Thx

6 hours ago, Minn.cruisers said:

Does anyone want to assist in information ideas for packing for a FALL NEW ENGLAND cruise? All ships visit the New England provinces in similar itineraries. Fall can vary from year to year so I am expecting a variety of weather extremes as far as clothing is concerned. 

Hooded waterproof jacket, hat & gloves in pocket. Smartwool sucks & waterproof shoes. I skis toss in waterproof pants to use more as a wind layer. Maybe a fleece vest. 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2023 at 3:01 PM, Minn.cruisers said:

I didnt have to tell anyone where i was going in the Fall for a New England anyway, really. I asked about other essentials for a FALL cruise Period.

I'm done with this thread too.  Others may be more charitable.

• Thanks 2