Sanctuary

Pickels

We cruised once before on Princess, can’t recall which ship, but it was great!  On that cruise we reserved the Sanctuary;  does anyone know which Princess ships have the Sanctuary?  Thanks all!

All Princess ships have a Sanctuary apart from Majestic Princess which has the open-to-all Hollywood Conservatory instead.  Located in different locations depending on the ship, here is a list:

image.png.9b5f9def3d506c5acb3346a01ebbb392.png

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, dides said:

All Princess ships have a Sanctuary apart from Majestic Princess which has the open-to-all Hollywood Conservatory instead.  Located in different locations depending on the ship, here is a list:

image.png.9b5f9def3d506c5acb3346a01ebbb392.png

What is the cost? Going on Enchanted 22 day Med.

TIA

8 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

$20pp for 1/2 day....$40pp for full day.

Varying amounts of discount for booking entire cruise.

That's the cost for the loungers.  A Cabana can also be booked for $140 for a half day and $220 for a full day. This where you can book a covered area with sofa and loungers, TV with headphones, stocked mini-fridge and fruit platter. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

As well as $30/pp/day if booked for an entire week.

WOW! We are on a 22 day Cruise.

$40\day x 2 = $880\person X 2 = $1,760. 

Ops, I can save $220 x 2 = $440 since you can book the whole week at $30\day.

Please donate to our GO FIND ME PAGE! THANK YOU! 😊

1 hour ago, Betatlake said:

How much is Sanctuary on Glacier Bay day?

On Discovery Princess recently, some vloggers had to book the whole day for Glacier Bay and they paid  $60pp for a lounger. It was horribly wet and cold though and, although fully booked, it was almost empty for the duration.

Edited by dides

22 minutes ago, BobAnne said:

Is the cabana worth it? I’m hoping to try it out during a port day but I’m not sure the upcharge will be worth it? Are the regular loungers shaded? ⛱️

Depends what you enjoy. It was quite relaxing to sit on a private sofa, work your way through the half bottle of spirits (we chose vodka) and cola and select from the fruit and nut nibbles. And yes we even listened to some of the music channels on the headphones for a while. The loungers tend to have greater protection from the sun too than the regular loungers (on Enchanted Princess) which suited our pale Brit complexions. 😁

image.thumb.jpeg.f1bfb75a6a267a141b35154cee6ae70e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ca461717c02a20bd2fd804b2f0b6da08.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c3ff771e02ac0c0b7a43d6b44969b8b4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.08ec2a29770570d7acf8bcfc5d8fe26d.jpeg

Edited by dides
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, dides said:

Depends what you enjoy. It was quite relaxing to sit on a private sofa, work your way through the half bottle of spirits (we chose vodka) and cola and select from the fruit and nut nibbles. And yes we even listened to some of the music channels on the headphones for a while. The loungers tend to have greater protection from the sun too than the regular loungers (on Enchanted Princess) which suited our pale Brit complexions. 😁

image.thumb.jpeg.f1bfb75a6a267a141b35154cee6ae70e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ca461717c02a20bd2fd804b2f0b6da08.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c3ff771e02ac0c0b7a43d6b44969b8b4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.08ec2a29770570d7acf8bcfc5d8fe26d.jpeg

You had me at bottle of vodka. 😻🍸

Thank you! 💜💚

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, marcoigna said:

On sky princess:

-how many can enjoy the Cabana?

-is there areas of sun in the Santuary - in essence, can u rent a cabana but still get some sun around you

thanking you in advance 

I believe it's up to 4 people - you pay for the Cabana rental only.

On the more recent Royal class ships, I found the cabanas were less exposed to the sun than the loungers around the edges but it will depend on location and the position of the sun. For example, when we booked loungers for our port day in Crete on Sky Princess, the loungers were in the blazing sun on the day which wasn't apparent when we booked in Athens! So I made a point of booking Cabanas after that. You do get the sunlight but you don't get burned to a crisp!

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, marcoigna said:

On sky princess:

-how many can enjoy the Cabana?

-is there areas of sun in the Santuary - in essence, can u rent a cabana but still get some sun around you

thanking you in advance 

One reason we dislike Sky Sanctuary is the lack of shade - more cabanas and fewer loungers.  Amount of shade in cabanas depends strongly on which way the ship is traveling.