Pricing online has me confused

rcandkc

10 minutes ago, jhenry1 said:

So if you book the cruise only fare you do not receive air, hotel, or transfers. Is this correct ?  Regardless of the suite you book.

That is correct. All the other amenities during the cruise remain the same.

For those of us in the UK the new layout of pricing is much clearer.

The previous "up to" credit for flights could be misleading on some cruises as Regent pricing in the UK only includes Business class flights on PH & above and only on cruises that begin and/or end in Europe.

The new layout of pricing allows us to see clearly the credit available for each suite grade.

Thanks @Mike Moore 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And of course you can always do a dummy booking and price the various options on the web site.   It is just time consuming.   I do like the new format as it is easy to see the delta and not have to hunt for the air credit.

The thing that is very confusing and most likely concerning the cruise we are on in Feb from Bridgetown to Bridgetown is the two prices . There is the all inclusive price and the all cruise price. The issue is that on this cruise the Pre cruise Hotel is not offered and the transfers are not offered as all inclusive so really the only thing included is the air.

This must be very confusing to those who want to book this cruise. 

5 hours ago, jhenry1 said:

The thing that is very confusing and most likely concerning the cruise we are on in Feb from Bridgetown to Bridgetown is the two prices . There is the all inclusive price and the all cruise price. The issue is that on this cruise the Pre cruise Hotel is not offered and the transfers are not offered as all inclusive so really the only thing included is the air.

This must be very confusing to those who want to book this cruise. 

Agreed that one is a bit of a challenge, and unfortunately there's not much of a way around one-off situations like that, so the best we can do at the moment is the "where applicable". Far from an ideal solution to be sure.

On 7/27/2023 at 4:00 PM, Mike Moore said:

Agreed that one is a bit of a challenge, and unfortunately there's not much of a way around one-off situations like that, so the best we can do at the moment is the "where applicable". Far from an ideal solution to be sure.

We're looking at a Singapore>Hong Kong cruise that includes a free 3 night pre (post) cruise package.  Do we lose this if we make are own flights?  We don't live near a Regent air city.

ty

1 hour ago, RetiredandTravel said:

We're looking at a Singapore>Hong Kong cruise that includes a free 3 night pre (post) cruise package.  Do we lose this if we make are own flights?  We don't live near a Regent air city.

ty

The special offer free land programs are still included in the pricing on those voyages.

• Thanks 1

Hello Mike, this might be more of a marketing question vs website design but I will ask anyway…why does Regent continue to use/show the “published fare” and then also quote the actual price which is called the “2 for 1 fare”. No one in the history of Regent has ever paid the published fare, so to advertise a 2 for 1 fare is misleading. In some countries with consumer protection laws, a company cannot offer/promote a “sale” such as a 2/1 fare if it has never actually charged the higher “regular published” fare. Why doesn’t Regent simplify this and just quote the all inclusive cruise fare? There would not be a Regent guest who actually thinks they are getting a 2/1 “deal” and they never would pay the “published fare”. 

11 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

Hello Mike, this might be more of a marketing question vs website design but I will ask anyway…why does Regent continue to use/show the “published fare” and then also quote the actual price which is called the “2 for 1 fare”. No one in the history of Regent has ever paid the published fare, so to advertise a 2 for 1 fare is misleading. In some countries with consumer protection laws, a company cannot offer/promote a “sale” such as a 2/1 fare if it has never actually charged the higher “regular published” fare. Why doesn’t Regent simplify this and just quote the all inclusive cruise fare? There would not be a Regent guest who actually thinks they are getting a 2/1 “deal” and they never would pay the “published fare”. 

Not Mike (obviously) and surely I don't intend to know the answer, but if you book a solo cabin I'm willing to bet that the cost is closer to the "published rate" than the "2 for 1" rate. So maybe that's why they post it that way.  Or, just a marketing tool. 

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Not Mike (obviously) and surely I don't intend to know the answer, but if you book a solo cabin I'm willing to bet that the cost is closer to the "published rate" than the "2 for 1" rate. So maybe that's why they post it that way.  Or, just a marketing tool. 

I believe the industry standard is to quote a per person cruise fare with solos paying a supplement based on the per person fare, as opposed to the 2/1 pricing approach. This is also similar to Regents “free everything” marketing….it is not free but rather included as an all inclusive cruise fare.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sunprince said:

I believe the industry standard is to quote a per person cruise fare with solos paying a supplement based on the per person fare, as opposed to the 2/1 pricing approach. This is also similar to Regents “free everything” marketing….it is not free but rather included as an all inclusive cruise fare.  

Yup...like I said "just a marketing tool."

• Like 1