Ruby Princess Curse continues…..

Guest Bronston

17 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm curious as to where this bit of info came from...  it may very well be true, but I've never seen anything stating a fact like that.

I know I have not seen any indication of this from any press release, SEC filing or even a credible news report so I would be interested in the source.  

When one wants to find a solution problems are small hills that can be overcome.  When one is more interested in complaining instead of finding a solution all problems are giant mountains

Edited by ldtr

40 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm curious as to where this bit of info came from...  it may very well be true, but I've never seen anything stating a fact like that.

I have used all of mine. I had Covid on 2 cruises and it was super easy to get them applied to another cruise. I also had FCC from canceled cruises at the start of the pandemic and found it easy to apply once cruising started up. 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 3

Guest Bronston

I mistakenly transposed numbers.

never mind That 40% of FCC were not used amounting to millions. Let’s attack the poster for the mistake. 

or we could just hang me…but death by a thousand cuts is preferable to mobs.

you see, I admit my mistakes…..if only Princess……

Edited by Bronston

3 minutes ago, ldtr said:

You might want to check out another article that also references that report. One that clearly states that it was an estimate as of 1/1/2023.

One that also mentions that those credits do not expire. The only portion that expired was the extra 25% portion. The original amount paid then converted to an FCC did not have an expiration date.

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/travel/what-should-travelers-do-with-all-these-cruise-credits/

yes, cash value fcc - could request to be refunded after a year as I remember in my case.  I 'gamed' the system and paid up almost to full payment - but not paid in full - and in my case got 'double' amount paid as fcc - with the original amount paid always as cash value fcc and the other 'match' as use it or lose it - we used it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bronston said:

You do not know my thinking, motives or reasoning. When you get your degree in psych…..come on back.

Your posts are pretty clear.

48 minutes ago, Bronston said:

Humerous how all I ask is for assistance from Princess and I am attacked for not being thankful. I am told I am not open in my thinking, being to restrictive, etc etc.

everyone wants to be the expert. Can’t see the forest from the trees. Same concept as unused gift cards. Money is left on the table and the cruise line does profit from this. I am dying from a rare disease. I don’t care what anyone here thinks of me. Want me to be an ass…ok. Want me to disruptive …..ok. I don’t care what you people think. I have one objective…..a good cruise for my grandkids. Don’t even care if it is Princess. If Princess does not want me….I trash them, simple.

good night.

People tried to help you.  Repeatedly.  Gave you ways to get the information.  Even tried to look up information for you.

Sure some money can be left on the table.  But not nearly as much as you tried to claim.

You got 75% back.  You have another 75% in an FCC that you can use or not.  You had 10 days on board with a 7 day cruise.   You can either solve the issues and move forward on using it as several people here indicated how it could be used. Totally up to you.  Your limits on making use of it is up to your.  Not unusual for schools to allow students to be out of school for a trip under special circumstances.  Just plan the trip and then make it happen or blame the cruise line.  Your choice.

Funny thing is others do not seem to be having the same issues with contacting Princess and/or using FCC.  I have used several without issue, but direct and through TA's.

Edited by ldtr

On 7/23/2023 at 1:10 PM, Bronston said:

Read where I say my grandkids are in school. June/July of ‘24 are the only option. 

Or should I just get Princess to write a note to their teachers????

How old are your grandkids?  As a parent I’m totally fine pulling my kids out of school to travel until hs, but my middle schooler was a bit unhappy with how much work he had to makeup.  You should speak to the kids and the parents to see if they can miss during the school year.  People have argued to the districts that their trip was educational ( there are websites that guide you through that for visiting Disney and you can visit https://smartmomsplandisney.com/school-excuse-template-walt-disney-world/ to see the arguments they make) but if you are actually taking your grandkids on a cruise to important historical destinations (like Europe, Panama Canal, seeing Mayan ruins etc) the school may approve the absence.  It might approve of Disney too but I’d be more likely to pull my kids out of school to visit Europe or Mayan ruins.  

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kitkat343 said:

People have argued to the districts that their trip was educational ( there are websites that guide you through that for visiting Disney and you can visit https://smartmomsplandisney.com/school-excuse-template-walt-disney-world/ to see the arguments they make)

Gee, why didn't they have that when I was a kid?  Oh, right.  WDW wasn't built yet.  And neither was the internet and WWW.  My Dad's car did have automatic transmission, however.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Gee, why didn't they have that when I was a kid?  Oh, right.  WDW wasn't built yet.  And neither was the internet and WWW.  My Dad's car did have automatic transmission, however.  

We left school all the time on the 1960’s to go on vacation. Got lesson plans and homework for the week from our teachers

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bronston said:

Does anyone have a number from Princess where I can talk to staff about my FCC. I leave callbacks….nothing or if I do get a callback princess staff tells me it is outside their job duties. 

Over 60% of FCC from Covid were never used. Makes me think Princess prefers we not use the FCC so they can sell same cabin at 100%. Princess is making this so called process exceedingly difficult. I am open to all cruises/destinations. Can’t do much though if lPrincess won’t talk to me.

one word - sad.

3 hours ago, Bronston said:

You do not know my thinking, motives or reasoning. When you get your degree in psych…..come on back.

OK, it’s been more than 24 hours and you haven’t cool down.

Why in the world are you trying to call and contact Princess? This is a job a TA is hired to do.

You seem to be at a point where you are just feeding your anger now. The result is nobody wants to help you anymore.

Cheers and out of here

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kitkat343 said:

How old are your grandkids?  As a parent I’m totally fine pulling my kids out of school to travel until hs, but my middle schooler was a bit unhappy with how much work he had to makeup.  You should speak to the kids and the parents to see if they can miss during the school year.  People have argued to the districts that their trip was educational ( there are websites that guide you through that for visiting Disney and you can visit https://smartmomsplandisney.com/school-excuse-template-walt-disney-world/ to see the arguments they make) but if you are actually taking your grandkids on a cruise to important historical destinations (like Europe, Panama Canal, seeing Mayan ruins etc) the school may approve the absence.  It might approve of Disney too but I’d be more likely to pull my kids out of school to visit Europe or Mayan ruins.  

My wife is a retired teacher.  Not uncommon for parents to pull kids out of school for trips.  Usually not an issue as long as work is made up and number of absences is not excessive.  In one case some of the teachers got upset at the number of times one student missed school to go snowboarding.  In the end it all worked out fine for Shaun White.

Edited by ldtr

4 hours ago, ldtr said:

People tried to help you.  Repeatedly.  Gave you ways to get the information.  Even tried to look up information for you.

Sure some money can be left on the table.  But not nearly as much as you tried to claim.

You got 75% back.  You have another 75% in an FCC that you can use or not.  You had 10 days on board with a 7 day cruise.   You can either solve the issues and move forward on using it as several people here indicated how it could be used. Totally up to you.  Your limits on making use of it is up to your.  Not unusual for schools to allow students to be out of school for a trip under special circumstances.  Just plan the trip and then make it happen or blame the cruise line.  Your choice.

Funny thing is others do not seem to be having the same issues with contacting Princess and/or using FCC.  I have used several without issue, but direct and through TA's.

Wait .... cruisers got a 7 day cruise + 75% refund + 75% FCC?? So let's say the suite was 10k or 1k per day. 

-7k cruise 7 days + 3 days lodging in SF

-7.5k refunded to method of payment

-7.5k received in FCC 

Another way: spent $10,000. Got $7500 refunded. Meaning 7 day cruise was only $2500 and cruiser has 7500 fcc to use by 2/1/2025!?!?!!

Although it is upsetting to look forward to something and then have to be flexible & even if the FCC is never used, the cruiser is still ahead!!!!

Dang wish I had that deal!

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, ldtr said:

My wife is a retired teacher.  Not uncommon for parents to pull kids out of school for trips.  Usually not an issue as long as work is made up and number of absences is not excessive.  In one case some of the teachers got upset at the number of times one student missed school to go snowboarding.  In the end it all worked out fine for Shaun White.

My family has been able to take so many wonderful trips throughout the years thanks to cruises.  We pulled my oldest son out of school in May to go on a cruise to Norway because my youngest was 2 and we needed to sail on Cunard so he'd be able to go to a drop off kids club.  The only cruise Cunard had that year that visited Flam, Geiranger and Olden was in May (thankfully sailed one day after his second birthday) and my children were able to have an amazing adventure to Norway (and I am so glad we did that then because Norway is limiting ships that can visit the heritage fjords including Flam and Geiranger to zero emissions ships in a few years.  And my oldest was able to go to St. Petersburg on a Baltic cruise.  So I really am a strong proponent of letting children travel during the school year on trips with cultural or historical significance because we really don't know that all of these travel opportunities will be available forever. 

And I hope that the OP is able to make something work so they can use the FCC.  For 75% cruise credit I'd sail in any room that was quiet (we booked the trip to Norway last minute and they were out of balcony rooms so we had two interior cabins and it worked out quite well.)

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1