VIFP level upgrade

PopCorn-007

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise).
https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/~/vifp-club---carnivals-recognition-program

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Don't be surprised if you get to your cabin and find that your sail & sign card for the cruise has your old VIFP level. That happened to me on the cruise where I became diamond.  I opened the envelope and there was a platinum card instead.  Guest Services solved the the problem quickly.

• Like 4

On 7/25/2023 at 4:01 PM, nwcruiselover said:

Don't be surprised if you get to your cabin and find that your sail & sign card for the cruise has your old VIFP level. That happened to me on the cruise where I became diamond.  I opened the envelope and there was a platinum card instead.  Guest Services solved the the problem quickly.

Same for me.  On the 5th day in on our back to back cruise on the Pride last month we were turning gold from red.  On turnaround day we were still issued red cards.  Went to guest services and it seemed they reluctantly changed our cards.  We did not have any drink packages so wanted the free drink after 5pm on the last night for gold+ members.  We ordered two pina colada in the theater.  They said mine was covered but my husband's wasn't.  It was still early so he went to guest services and they gave him a paper voucher to cover it.  After our drinks came they charged me $1.88 because I went over the cost but his voucher covered everything.  Go figure.

Now when I get emails from Carnival it still says we are red but when I sign in it says we are gold.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 9:39 AM, EllieinNJ said:

Same for me.  On the 5th day in on our back to back cruise on the Pride last month we were turning gold from red.  On turnaround day we were still issued red cards.  Went to guest services and it seemed they reluctantly changed our cards.  We did not have any drink packages so wanted the free drink after 5pm on the last night for gold+ members.  We ordered two pina colada in the theater.  They said mine was covered but my husband's wasn't.  It was still early so he went to guest services and they gave him a paper voucher to cover it.  After our drinks came they charged me $1.88 because I went over the cost but his voucher covered everything.  Go figure.

Now when I get emails from Carnival it still says we are red but when I sign in it says we are gold.

You should have had gold cards from day 1.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 7:33 PM, PopCorn-007 said:

Thank you all for your responses ! I will see the luggage tags once I checkin !

Actually you can print your luggage tags at any time.  Just go to your booking where it says  "to do list", it then says "print documents" and one of the choices is luggage tags.  You should be able to see the VIFP level there.  We print our luggage tags as soon as we book- usually 1 year out.  Can't print your boarding passes- as you know- until checkin.

• Thanks 2