A Point about Travel Summary Text and New Changes Announced July 27.

Steelers36

The original thread was closed and I wanted to clarify something that @villauk posted about just as the thread was being closed and I know others have been confused.  This was the post:

I do think some pax, not in the above case, are seeing the package listing on their online accounts where it lists all the perks and see the ‘Purchased’ box, thinking they have ALL that is listed without realising their Travel Summary states something completely different. There will be many under the impression that they have all those new perks because for all intents purposes, it looks like they have  - which is another way Princess are not being totally upfront about the changes.

The Travel Summary should be the "bible" for what guests receive.  The consensus thought is that PCL IT has not yet updated the information, so Travel Summaries read as they did on July 26.  I imagine they will be updated in due course, but I have no inside info on that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

how does the 'travel summary' compare to scrolling down on 'onboard services' in your account?

Good Q, but I cannot help you since I don't have a booking.  I have been considering making a "fake" one and apply FCD's, just to see what's what in the CP and in the App and play around with the functions before cancelling out.  I would just book it direct so not to bother my TA.

• Thanks 1

Just checked next cruise.  I will not have a beverage package.  It now is showing Plus at $64.99 and Premier at $84.99.  After thought.  I should have kept it at $50 pp/pd. Oh, well.  Saving me a ton of money.

I wonder if suites will have complimentary room service since it is/was an option for MDR meals and tea service.  If I were at Princess, my mind would be swirling with all these what ifs I have this or that? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Just checked next cruise.  I will not have a beverage package.  It now is showing Plus at $64.99 and Premier at $84.99.  After thought.  I should have kept it at $50 pp/pd. Oh, well.  Saving me a ton of money.

I wonder if suites will have complimentary room service since it is/was an option for MDR meals and tea service.  If I were at Princess, my mind would be swirling with all these what ifs I have this or that? 

That sounds like you went to onboard services and checked the beverage only package price.

The plus and premier packages with wifi, tips, etc are $60/$80 into 2024, right now.

Look under pays to plus…upgrade…etc. That is, if you are interested.

image.thumb.jpeg.586a1d4f0cf2a0012f05e9df12b8ff22.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

The original thread was closed and I wanted to clarify something that @villauk posted about just as the thread was being closed and I know others have been confused.  This was the post:

I do think some pax, not in the above case, are seeing the package listing on their online accounts where it lists all the perks and see the ‘Purchased’ box, thinking they have ALL that is listed without realising their Travel Summary states something completely different. There will be many under the impression that they have all those new perks because for all intents purposes, it looks like they have  - which is another way Princess are not being totally upfront about the changes.

The Travel Summary should be the "bible" for what guests receive.  The consensus thought is that PCL IT has not yet updated the information, so Travel Summaries read as they did on July 26.  I imagine they will be updated in due course, but I have no inside info on that.

I was referring to this:

If you look at the ‘included perks’ on my booking, for all intents purposes, I have all those items ‘purchased’ with my Plus package. However, this isn’t the case because when you read the wording underneath and I press the link to my Travel Summary, I actually have the ‘old’ Plus 50 and I’m not entitled to any of the new changes. Many pax will just look at the list and presume they have all those perks because it states ‘Purchased’!

Wording underneath the box describing the perks:

Select items may not be included in your current package. You can review your travel summary for a full list of included items. Please contact us or your travel agent to make changes to your package.

IMG_0095.png

IMG_0096.jpeg

Edited by villauk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

The Travel Summary should be the "bible" 

@Steelers36 hope you can see how my Travel Summary above differs from the Onboard Services page on my account, and how some pax won’t be aware until theirs are updated 😉.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have 5 cruises booked all with PP.  Early yesterday I went into all of my bookings and only one had been updated.  Waited a few hours and all showed the new PP perks.  My next cruise is in September and the Crown update is mid August I believe.  I don't expect my Summary to update before then but it may as early as August 2nd.

I booked in 2023 so am not worried about it and since mine all say Purchased @ $60 and there is no option to Upgrade I don't anticipate any problems.

PRINCESS PLUS

• Wi-Fi (1 device per guest)
  • Crew appreciation
  • Plus Beverage Package
    (drinks up to $15 each)
  • Unlimited juice bar
  • Premium desserts (2 per day)
  • Fitness classes (2 per cruise)
  • NEW 2 casual dining meals per guest
  • NEW OceanNow® delivery
  • NEW Room service delivery

Overall Savings of over 50%!

Savings are based on a 7-day cruise

Your Cost: $60 USD
per day per guest

Purchased

Learn more

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

I have 5 cruises booked all with PP.  Early yesterday I went into all of my bookings and only one had been updated.  Waited a few hours and all showed the new PP perks.  My next cruise is in September and the Crown update is mid August I believe.  I don't expect my Summary to update before then but it may as early as August 2nd.

I booked in 2023 so am not worried about it and since mine all say Purchased @ $60 and there is no option to Upgrade I don't anticipate any problems.

PRINCESS PLUS

• Crew appreciation
  • Plus Beverage Package
    (drinks up to $15 each)
  • Unlimited juice bar
  • NEW OceanNow® delivery

per day per guest

Purchased

Learn more

You should be okay as you purchased in 2023. The point I was trying to make is that mine also states ‘Purchased’ (if you check above) when in fact my Travel Summary says something different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Nope, suites pay. I just got an email from my CVP which stated I pay in a full suite for delivery too. Mini suites are in my future since the suite perks are non existent but the fare is so much higher.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That sounds like you went to onboard services and checked the beverage only package price.

The plus and premier packages with wifi, tips, etc are $60/$80 into 2024, right now.

image.thumb.jpeg.586a1d4f0cf2a0012f05e9df12b8ff22.jpeg

Same error I make all the time. Why do they even have that package (for more)?  Ridiculous.  Thanks for the correction. Regardless.  Not putting back the all inclusive plus package I had for $50….I will have it on my Iceland/Greenland, if I go.  It’s been cancelled so many times by me.  

8 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

PRINCESS PLUS

• Crew appreciation
  • Plus Beverage Package
    (drinks up to $15 each)
  • Unlimited juice bar
  • NEW OceanNow® delivery

per day per guest

Purchased

Learn more

It's not a savings if you don't drink or are diabetic and can't consume a gazillion calorie dessert

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

PRINCESS PLUS

• Crew appreciation
  • Plus Beverage Package
    (drinks up to $15 each)
  • Unlimited juice bar
  • NEW OceanNow® delivery

per day per guest

Purchased

Learn more

Glad to hear they are getting around to updating the bookings. I'm assuming you are referring to your Travel Summary and/or the Onboard Services chart when you say the booking was updated to reflect the new additions??

I show what you posted when I click on the Upgrade button and it also shows $60 and Purchased.

However, my Travel Summary and Onboard Services chart do not yet reflect the new additions. But I do expect that they will be by my October sailing...

ETA: I purchased this booking in June 2023 so again, should be good...

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

In Travel Summary, Princess shows each package item and list price so guest can see the tons of money they are saving by not purchasing separate drink package.  Poster has the current package and gets the new "stuff".

2 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

It's not a savings if you don't drink or are diabetic and can't consume a gazillion calorie dessert

Well I do drink and enjoy my Specialty coffees, bottled water, wine with dinner and a few other cocktails through out the day.  As for the desserts I had 2 on a 30 day cruise and enjoyed them both.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Glad to hear they are getting around to updating the bookings. I'm assuming you are referring to your Travel Summary and/or the Onboard Services chart when you say the booking was updated to reflect the new additions??

I show what you posted when I click on the Upgrade button and it also shows $60 and Purchased.

However, my Travel Summary and Onboard Services chart do not yet reflect the new additions. But I do expect that they will be by my October sailing...

Not the summaries yet but I didn't expect them to be updated this early.  I'm still 36 days out so lots of time.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, villauk said:

You should be okay as you purchased in 2023. The point I was trying to make is that mine also states ‘Purchased’ (if you check above) when in fact my Travel Summary says something different.

Baby steps lol.  I can imagine how many people are affected so IMO they will update by ship/date.  I believe the Sapphire is first August 2nd.  But I guess we'll soon see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

In Travel Summary, Princess shows each package item and list price so guest can see the tons of money they are saving by not purchasing separate drink package.  Poster has the current package and gets the new "stuff".

No, I was responding to @cr8tiv1. Post #5.  They do not currently have the plus package, they were looking under the wrong area for the Plus/Premier full package prices.  They already responded to that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, I was responding to @cr8tiv1. Post #5.  They do not currently have the plus package, they were looking under the wrong area for the Plus/Premier full package prices.  They already responded to that. 

Got my posters crossed I guess.

I was re-fare on July 11 for a cruise next year. At the time of re-fare the 3 perks were not listed. 

• NEW 2 casual dining meals per guest
  • NEW OceanNow® delivery

Are you folks saying that I will automatically get these perks and if so, will they show up on my Travel Summary or My Booking?

Edited by DHP1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

I was re-fare on July 11 for a cruise next year. At the time of re-fare the 3 perks were not listed. 

• NEW 2 casual dining meals per guest
  • NEW OceanNow® delivery

Are you folks saying that I will automatically get these perks and if so, will they show up on my Travel Summary or My Booking?

Your Travel Summary will list what you are entitled to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

And I wanted to reply to @Jembibabe I was trying to clarify.  

Here’s the info from the website:

image.thumb.jpeg.d0ba97f196449823332612868db089a3.jpeg

Thank you so much.  You always have answers for me no matter the question.  lol  Thanks again.  That definitely clarified it.

I listened to the webinar. It seems very simple, if you booked Plus or Premier prior to December 14, 2022 you need to upgrade to receive the new benefits. Those who booked December 14, 2022 or after are already paying either $60 p/p day for Plus or $80 p/p day for Premier, thus no upgrade is required.

Edited by tootsiescurly
  • Like 1