New dress code on the Silver Nova!!

A Tucson Guy

I just received this email from SS-

Booking #: 189015-21

Dear Mr. La Peter,

Your Nova journey into a world of elegance and comfort at sea is about to begin. You may be wondering what to wear and how best to pack, so I am delighted to provide this summary of our new dress code exclusive to our newest ship, Silver Nova.

Based on the valuable feedback and opinions of our guests, we have taken a significant step towards enhancing your experience with us by introducing this new guide on what to wear. Our dress code has been carefully crafted to strike a perfect balance between elegance and flexibility, ensuring you feel at ease and ensuring we adhere to the elevated standards you expect from Silversea.

The dress code onboard Silver Nova is as follows:

http://i.email.silversea.com/wpm/1035/Campaigns/CONTENT_BLOCKS/New_Template/Icons/dark-gray-bullet.png

Daytime Attire: Casual wear, similar to five-star resort sportswear, is suitable for daytime activities. Flat or low-heeled shoes are recommended when on deck.

http://i.email.silversea.com/wpm/1035/Campaigns/CONTENT_BLOCKS/New_Template/Icons/dark-gray-bullet.png

Evening Attire (Starting from 6 pm):

http://i.email.silversea.com/wpm/1035/Campaigns/Place_holders/link-icon.png

Elegant Casual: On casual evenings, ladies may opt for trousers, blouses, skirts, or casual dresses, while gentlemen can wear open-collar shirts and slacks. A jacket is optional.

http://i.email.silversea.com/wpm/1035/Campaigns/Place_holders/link-icon.png

Formal Optional: For those who prefer more formal attire, ladies can choose an evening gown or cocktail dress, while gentlemen can opt for a tuxedo, dinner jacket, or dark suit with a tie. Alternatively, adhering to Elegant Casual dress code is welcomed but a jacket is still required for gentlemen in all indoor spaces.

The number of formal evenings will vary, depending on the voyage length:

7 days or less: Elegant Casual nights throughout.

8-14 days: Expect 1 to 2 Formal Optional nights.

15 days or more: Enjoy 2 or more Formal Optional nights.

For more information on preparing for your upcoming voyage, please consult our Setting Sail Guide

We are committed to providing an exceptional experience for each of our guests, and hope this update will enhance your journey with us. We eagerly anticipate your arrival and look forward to creating lasting memories with you, as we set sail to explore some of the world's most captivating destinations.

Warmest regards,

http://i.email.silversea.com/wpm/1035/ContentUploads/Images/MIA/BarbaraMuckermann_Signature_FINAL.jpg

Barbara Muckermann
President and CEO, Silversea

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Here is what will be interesting.  The dress code at La Dame and its enhanced experience and higher price point aboard the Nova was stated as formal every evening.  

Somehow I'm not seeing passengers packing formal attire solely to dine in La Dame...is the Maitre' D really going to turn away passengers who are willing to pay $160pp if they're not dressed in formal attire on a ship whose dress code is formal optional?  Highly doubtful.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Here is what will be interesting.  The dress code at La Dame and its enhanced experience and higher price point aboard the Nova was stated as formal every evening.  

Somehow I'm not seeing passengers packing formal attire solely to dine in La Dame...is the Maitre' D really going to turn away passengers who are willing to pay $160pp if they're not dressed in formal attire on a ship whose dress code is formal optional?  Highly doubtful.  

I think this email supersedes the prior dress code rule for LaDame. No tie needed in LaDame.

• Thanks 1

I look forward to clarifications.  For example, will LaTerrazza still be one step below other outlets.  

I think this is a very constructive step and brings SS in line with other luxury lines.  I hope it is rolled out to the rest of the fleet shortly.

• Like 5

Thank you for sharing the information, it is very helpful in our planning. DH is still planning to bring a couple of suits however, he is happy  not have to wear a tie unless he wants to. I hope we see some stylish outfits now that the classic restrictions are lifted. Seen some amazing dress outfits on men and women in LA lately. I for one love the evolution of attire over time. 

Edited by JSR
  • Like 2

Finally!!  Silversea got the message that other Ultra Luxury Cruise Lines, Luxury Hotels and Fine Restaurants got a long time ago. Great news for us guys that still Dress up but can be a bit more relaxed if we choose to. Very happy!

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Like I said before it was only a matter of time before a change in the dress code.  Finally Silversea is doing what the customer wants……..if they want to fill ships they have to do what the public wants.

Since we are boarding the Nova on 8-21-23, "I'll drink to that!!"

• Like 1

If you click on the READ MORE button in the email from Barbara Muckermann you will find more detail.

After 6 PM—-no jeans, shorts, sneakers or flip flops.

Men are required to wear a jacket in La Dame. Casual wear is always suitable in outdoor spaces.

Edited by broker1217
  • Like 1

We are sailing Nova Barbados-Lima in December. This is welcome news and will simplify our packing. 
I am especially pleased since we love to eat outside whenever possible, and a jacket in hot climates is an uncomfortable inconvenience for my husband. He will bring 2 jackets, but no suit and possibly no ties. He will be able to dress nicely for the tropical climate-silk and linen shirts with no jacket or tie.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Cool! Now we can pack for a whole cruise in just one carry-on!

And your awesome style was never a problem with a carry on!!  Mountains and mole hills! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, broker1217 said:

If you click on the READ MORE button in the email from Barbara Muckermann you will find more detail.

After 6 PM—-no jeans, shorts, sneakers or flip flops.

Men are required to wear a jacket in La Dame. Casual wear is always suitable in outdoor spaces.

I agree with everything expect the no jeans, nice dress jeans look a lot better than some of those out dated Tux’s.  Just my opinon.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

And the confusion over the SS dress code begins anew. 

I’m laying odds on your POV.  I’m giving 2:79 odds on your fleet wide prognostication and 100:1 odds on La Dame.  Place your bets now at StumblesGambles@LaPeter.com

You think🤔 

On the formal nights, can men dine in the Grill or the Pizza place without a jacket? if so, it means you don't need a jacket on SS cruises anymore if you don't want to. Definitely positive development, hopefully other ships will follow.