Queen Anne Alternative Dining

Solent Richard

Just picked up on one particular informative  Facebook group that Cunard have today unveiled the wonderful new range of alternative

dining options on board Queen Anne.

AQueenAnneevent2DiningNotice.thumb.jpg.e0a77f6a82a26fee412de8fd2d4eb872.jpg

AQueenAnneevent2aDiningNotice.thumb.jpg.63c0d558081e5c39f4bc4f8097f781fe.jpg

That's an Italian themed Tramonto....

AQueenAnneevent3Tramonto.thumb.jpg.78d558aaec8bb56a607f5d5a7b8e825a.jpg

and an Indian styled Aranya....

AQueenAnneevent4Aranya.thumb.jpg.1545480f3e619b54dce598e50ae47089.jpg

How on earth will we manage to try them all on the Maiden?

😁😁

Edited by Solent Richard
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Solent Richard changed the title to Queen Anne Alternative Dining
4 minutes ago, Chart Room Princess said:

Thanks for posting this information. Interesting that no steakhouse is included.

Or Seafood.

Can you imagine the outcry if one could purchase a Dover Sole...

DoverSoleDinner227Oct2018.jpg.4db66e86bc374cb2b678016d517b781f.jpg

...outside of the Grills. 😈

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chart Room Princess said:

Thanks for posting this information. Interesting that no steakhouse is included.

Apparently Sir Samuel's is going to be the venue previously generically identified as "Steakhouse & Grill". Sir Samuel's is going to be offering a steak and seafood menu on Queen Anne.

Also, it looks like the Golden Lion Pub will be offering both lunch and dinner on Queen Anne.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Good heavens. So that's what a Dover Sole looks like.

One is so used to it being taken off the bone  in QG, one almost forgets what the fish actually looks like.

Well er yes. When one has a choice it would be madness not have it on the bone: at least when one is having it FRESH...

DoverSoleDinner127Oct2018.jpg.01154a85593d50b93ad711c1191d8dfe.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Well er yes. When one has a choice it would be madness not have it on the bone: at least when one is having it FRESH...

DoverSoleDinner127Oct2018.jpg.01154a85593d50b93ad711c1191d8dfe.jpg

Never having eaten or prepared it myself, luckily, when presented in QG, it is fresh to at least one passenger who ordered it.

As to outcry if it's purchased 'outside of the Grills', I hope the purchasers enjoy it.

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 2

Here's a link to the Cunard press release "Cunard Announces Exclusive Partnership with Two Michelin-starred Chef Michel Roux".

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/cunard-announces-exclusive-partnership-two-michelin-starred-chef

I can't get the included link to the renderings of the dining venues to work. Those renderings can be found in this additional article from Seatrade Cruise News.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/famed-chef-michel-roux-teases-new-menu-cunards-queen-anne

• Like 4

The second page shows the dress code as 'Relaxed Attire' for all the venues.

While the first two would be obvious choices for this, the last 3 would seem to be smarter venues.

Are they planning on relaxing the dress code for these to try and get more people paying to try them? Or is this in line with the rest of the ship???

If one of these is similar to Verandah on the current ships, then it would be strange to differ.

I'm hoping Michel Roux doesn't reimagine the fish and chips too much!

I doubt I'll be able to try any of the alternatives on the maiden but I'll keep my fingers crossed that by some miracle they will have the kids club staffed and I can leave my little one while my husband and I enjoy one of the new restaurants. And if not, I'll have an excuse to go on her again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a link to the Cunard press release "Cunard Announces Exclusive Partnership with Two Michelin-starred Chef Michel Roux".

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/cunard-announces-exclusive-partnership-two-michelin-starred-chef

I can't get the included link to the renderings of the dining venues to work. Those renderings can be found in this additional article from Seatrade Cruise News.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/famed-chef-michel-roux-teases-new-menu-cunards-queen-anne

I got the renderings downloaded via the CCL shareholder email that came a number of hours ago. I'll make a valiant attempt at posting them here, or the link. Whichever works.

The epitome of a high-end steakhouse, Sir Samuels will showcase the very best of British and Australian beef and seafood, complemented by an exceptional wine program. Selected for their provenance, steaks will be of the highest quality and seared to perfection. Alongside a vast array of beef options, there will also be a wide range of fish and seafood dishes. All the produce has been sourced responsibly to bring the freshest ingredients to the table.

wetransfer_queen-anne-dining-venue-renders_2023-08-02_1439.zip

Edited by LittleFish1976
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

There is also a Japanese as well, Anji Wa....

AQueenAnneevent6AjiWacopy.thumb.jpg.fdbed833c9b6b6ab9c725842488b16d8.jpg

My rather amateurish attempt at a translation brings out 'Purple Apricot Harmony' . 😄

Oh well.

So happy to have a dedicated Japanese restaurant onboard! Love Asian food.

These have me even more excited for the Maiden Voyage now, but I agree with the question, how will we have time to try it all? Ha

• Like 1

There is an interesting new topic coming up today where Cunard's UK Sales Director is quoted as saying Queen Anne will be targeting people new to cruising. Not discriminating against loyal passengers, but they need new customers to start cruising them them.

I would guess she may, therefore, have a few more differences coming so she isn't just a copy of the (much loved) existing liners, but launches new features for new customers.

I don't see this as a bad thing; you have to continually evolve and move with the times. The hard part is getting the right balance.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I got the renderings downloaded via the CCL shareholder email that came a number of hours ago.

Thanks for that. There are four different renders for the Golden Lion Pub in your attachment. I'll post them here since I've only seen one or two of them posted elsewhere so far.

QAGoldenLionPub1.thumb.jpg.5580f4c7d8ef67570a9e6047a74f871d.jpg

QAGoldenLionPub2.thumb.jpg.3dffba800b24bb5ad1700385c73369c5.jpg

QAGoldenLionPub3.thumb.jpg.33d4c4a1a051ea148f8f7307776a5ef2.jpg

QAGoldenLionPub4.thumb.jpg.d199e055d56e6e5d3c41154ee1886606.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cmm398 said:

There is an interesting new topic coming up today where Cunard's UK Sales Director is quoted as saying Queen Anne will be targeting people new to cruising. Not discriminating against loyal passengers, but they need new customers to start cruising them them.

I would guess she may, therefore, have a few more differences coming so she isn't just a copy of the (much loved) existing liners, but launches new features for new customers.

I don't see this as a bad thing; you have to continually evolve and move with the times. The hard part is getting the right balance.

I agree, it looks like Cunard is looking for a different QA demographic: couples in 30’s/40’s looking for “wellness” experiences with a more “relaxed” attire environment vs a classic QM2 TA. 

Cunard has to be careful by not differing the Cunard experience from ship to ship but that’s what it looks like what’s happening. That’s a good way to water down and send a confusing message about the Cunard brand. Within the overall Carnival ecosystem, there is already enough choices for a non-Cunard experience. What’s going to make QA different vs HAL, Princess, or even non-Carnival brand Celebrity if QA veers too far from the Cunard experience and joins in those lines offering a ship full of khakis and polo shirts in a relaxed environment?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Thanks for that. There are four different renders for the Golden Lion Pub in your attachment. I'll post them here since I've only seen one or two of them posted elsewhere so far.

QAGoldenLionPub1.thumb.jpg.5580f4c7d8ef67570a9e6047a74f871d.jpg

QAGoldenLionPub2.thumb.jpg.3dffba800b24bb5ad1700385c73369c5.jpg

QAGoldenLionPub3.thumb.jpg.33d4c4a1a051ea148f8f7307776a5ef2.jpg

QAGoldenLionPub4.thumb.jpg.d199e055d56e6e5d3c41154ee1886606.jpg

Pretty swanky for a pub. Looks Japanese with the translucent walls. 

I am sure I would enjoy the alternative dining, but do hope they have table clothes, rather than the easy wipe surfaces (which I know is more eco friendly). Nice crisp linen gives a restaurant that special ambience!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MylesS said:

So happy to have a dedicated Japanese restaurant onboard! Love Asian food.

These have me even more excited for the Maiden Voyage now, but I agree with the question, how will we have time to try it all? Ha

I ask for and can get my Bamboo favourite main in QG as a special.

It remains to be seen if I can do the same for Aji Wa. Fingers crossed.